your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: your penalty box

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:55 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:02 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:23 am Beware ascending to the hot-air balloon height required to piss on everything.
Are you referring to my post? If so...you're mischaracterizing it.
Well, I endeavour to write to the principle rather than the person, just as you do at your best.

I’d be interested in hearing how you characterize what you wrote, should you feel that’s appropriate.
Why would I need to characterize it? It's clear.

Beware of your convoluted distortions.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:06 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:55 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:02 pm
Are you referring to my post? If so...you're mischaracterizing it.
Well, I endeavour to write to the principle rather than the person, just as you do at your best.

I’d be interested in hearing how you characterize what you wrote, should you feel that’s appropriate.
Why would I need to characterize it? It's clear.

Beware of your convoluted distortions.
Ok, although no distortions were intended and in my opinion, none were inadvertently presented, and too what you characterize as such did have the positive result of a wee bit of dialogue, and albeit limited the potential for a philosophical start beyond personalities and pointing to principles could probably be scrounged up from the wee bit that escaped through the filters of your apparent trepidations. Give 'er a go and maybe something will shake out of the cobwebs.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:26 pm Ok, although no distortions were intended and in my opinion, none were inadvertently presented, and too what you characterize as such did have the positive result of a wee bit of dialogue, and albeit limited the potential for a philosophical start beyond personalities and pointing to principles could probably be scrounged up from the wee bit that escaped through the filters of your apparent trepidations. Give 'er a go and maybe something will shake out of the cobwebs.
Your convoluted distortions and pretentious language are all about your personality... and are not an intriguing basis for further discussion.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

IC wrote:“… And, of course, nobody's got a right to demand conversation …”
Sure. But I'm not about to waste time on people who aren't interested in what I consider a conversation.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:06 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:26 pm Ok, although no distortions were intended and in my opinion, none were inadvertently presented, and too what you characterize as such did have the positive result of a wee bit of dialogue, and albeit limited the potential for a philosophical start beyond personalities and pointing to principles could probably be scrounged up from the wee bit that escaped through the filters of your apparent trepidations. Give 'er a go and maybe something will shake out of the cobwebs.
Your convoluted distortions and pretentious language are all about your personality... and are not an intriguing basis for further discussion.
Of course I disagree with the premise, and since personality and lounge go together like hand into glove, lounge is the appropriate place for personality, unless one is a serious type who goes to a darkened, or a dark, corner booth in the mind-lounge and traps someone with heated rhetoric about revolution! or nihilism because the world and everything in it just sucks so bad, don't you know. Or else the serious one may be the type who, instead of bringing personality to the lounge, brings a chip so big it has to be carried on a shoulder.

:)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I actually do understand your position pretty well Henry. I hate being told what to do by the govt. too, and being constantly told that I'm 'one of a team of 5 million' (umm, no I'm not). It's fucking depressing. But unfortunately the Chinese were allowed to do as they please with wildlife, and this is the result. You don't know that you won't be one of the unfortunates dying slowing alone with shredded lungs.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:08 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:53 pm Since you're ignorant of what I speak, your comment is not informed. As usual you say so much of nothing. But then I don't expect anything more from a repub. So you're right off target, as usual. Insurrectionists really don't matter, because they're UN-American, whom did you vote for? :lol:
To be an insulting little pig is simply a mettle-testing tactic that if relied on too oft’ as a crutch, limits language, expression, and eventually cripples mental activity that’s capable of detecting first the subtle and then the obvious.

Perhaps a self-proclaimed, fearless Rambo who has seen so much in life can enlighten the lesser beings of the forum and explain the mindset of any military veteran of any race, culture or creed who supports the idiot Biden.

To be appropriate and relevant to the purpose of the action, one should vote for the candidate whose actions and words reveal an intent appropriate for the welfare of the individual, the country, and the world … per the job description.

Of course the veracity of those words must be determined, and if the voter is an idiotic Biden supporter (but I repeat myself), then the basis of verifying is anyone's guess. Folks even supported him for the simple reason that he was/is incompetent, a happenstance which is difficult to comprehend in a rational world but quite common in Bizzaro World.
You're an idiot! Your boy caused the death of several people, including police, he was also on track to start world war III. Your selfishness has no room in this century, not only are you too self absorbed to know what all "this" is, you don't even know what's in your own psyche, or the meaning of the words you speak. You're a repub parrot, a coward that's so self-righteous you can't get your fat ass off your lazy-boy lounge and tighten your belt because it's necessary in these times. You just want, want, want, desire, desire, desire, like all the other brain dead repubs. The earth and her resources are finite my absent minded friend. Our population has reached a tipping point, just like the planet. And here's the truth of it: Largely the current humans on mother earth are the stupidest animals alive, they can't manage jack shit. More is not the answer, equilibrium is the answer, The Spheres Must Balance! Dumb-ass!

And I'm sure, the apparent has just flown over your air-head.

Edit: type-o
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Wed May 11, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

SpheresOfBalance

promethean75 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:50 pm "equilibrium is the answer, The Spheres Must Balance!"

Then we will call you Cygnus... the god of balance you shall be

https://genius.com/Rush-cygnus-x-1-book ... res-lyrics
Thanks promethean75,

But I own all their studio albums and many of the live.
But I do appreciate the gesture.

Peace my friend!
And ...keep on rockin'...
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Always.

Be excellent, my friend.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

told him so...
henry quirk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:52 pm(next up: snippin' you outta my forum view)
EA379BD6-93B5-4157-ADD4-B03DB3741474.png
EA379BD6-93B5-4157-ADD4-B03DB3741474.png (58.77 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

and in she goes...
DD4AE0EA-7DC8-4058-8E90-C5843117DB9C.png
DD4AE0EA-7DC8-4058-8E90-C5843117DB9C.png (44.58 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I didn't miss the SOB when he was gone and I ain't gonna miss him now that he's back...
F00514E4-FF70-4838-8482-CBB44A1D58A5.png
F00514E4-FF70-4838-8482-CBB44A1D58A5.png (62.22 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:17 am and in she goes...
DD4AE0EA-7DC8-4058-8E90-C5843117DB9C.png
What's this for? I haven't responded to any of your posts for ages, my little caveman...
SpheresOfBalance

I love being on peoples ignore list, it means my bite, hit the bone; my sting, made their ears ring.

Look, I'm a stickler for kicking exclusivity in the teeth, and I herald inclusivity, I'm its hero. So if your exclusive in your thinking, watch out because I bite. I'm gonna bite your thinking, your arguments, as antiquated as they are.

Your argument is not why I'm here, unless you're reasonable in your approach, but changing people that have the wrong exclusive viewpoint is why I'm here. And yes, I've been told that it's easier to catch flies with honey than vinegar. So why then do I spit out so much venom? Because the really fucked up people just make me so mad that they screw others over because of their exclusive me, me, me self serving vision of this life, this precious gift. I've always taken up for the underdog, the one that just wants to live and let live, to enjoy this precious gift of life. These bully's just have to learn what all this is (<-- the universe) and what's more important is what's between their ears, (<-- it's true, many don't have a clue). They really can't see past their own nose.

The Goatboy is why I took the initiative to sign up with this forum. I really didn't like how he was threatening ArisingUK of which they apparently were clueless, with his A.S.L. crap that dates back to the early days of the internet in the compuserve and AOL chat rooms. Originally it was Age, Sex, & Location. I could tell that he was attempting to imply that he'd visit ArisingUK, because he knew they'd beaten him on some point. An obvious threat to violence. And I knew that in reality some people had been killed due someone getting angry at them for saying the wrong thing. So I joined to smack him around a little for being such a poor sport to imply he'd physically abuse ArisingUK for besting him.

Of course I had been majoring in philosophy and minoring in psychology at university so that helped, I was protecting my ground, that which I felt was solid, meaningful and could help me with the solutions to my particular problems, misunderstandings, ignorance: THE TRUTH OF THINGS! To erase the ambiguity, to be clear, to erase the doubt, to be as certain as I possibly could be. Before I die I want to certainly know the truth of this shit hole in which I was thrown, yep, for all you familiar with the Doors, ...like a dog without a bone... I just didn't realize that philosophy wouldn't answer as many questions as it would beg. Actually that reminds me of another lyric by Rush: ...if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice... which translates in philosophy, at least in my mind, to: if you find that your questions simply lead to more questions, you still have answered the initial questions. So now we're getting somewhere... :wink: :lol:

Though I doubt we'll ever get there, as we've created far too many contradicting terms...

Peace to all those who genuinely understand and pursue the following lyrics as an agenda:

...in our lives we've all drank of the water, and heard the ocean calling out our names, some will seek and find their life's meaning, and some will turn their heads the other way...
...........................................................................--Ambrosia--
..................................................................--from the album Ambrosia--