The SUPERPOWER game

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

The SUPERPOWER game

Post by Sculptor »

Some of my younger friends compete with inventing a superpower - usually after a few drinks

Just think up the best and most suitable superpower you would like to have and say what you would do with it.

It has to be a physical power, not a generalised hope such as "end all wars". You have to say how you would do that.
It can be super-physical, such as types of telepathy, telekinesis, etc.
The trick is to find the most seemingly inocuous trait but which can be used to devastating effect.

People then say what they think is the best one and most effective.

Any takers?
commonsense

Re: The SUPERPOWER game

Post by commonsense »

If the mind may be viewed as physical, then I choose clairvoyance.

I would prevent many tragedies and make lots of money on sports betting.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

A strictly physical enhanced power I would wish to have would be super health.

Everything else that I could ever do depends on my ability to overcome any version of kryptonite I encounter.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

With my immunity to radiation I will head over to Chernobyl with a pick axe and sort that shit out pretty quickly. Then I will buy one of those foot xray machines that got banned from show shops about 50 years ago, and use it just as many times as I like.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:33 am Some of my younger friends compete with inventing a superpower - usually after a few drinks

Just think up the best and most suitable superpower you would like to have and say what you would do with it.

It has to be a physical power, not a generalised hope such as "end all wars". You have to say how you would do that.
It can be super-physical, such as types of telepathy, telekinesis, etc.
The trick is to find the most seemingly inocuous trait but which can be used to devastating effect.

People then say what they think is the best one and most effective.

Any takers?
Sure, interface to the "SYSTEM" - God - 'God' - AI or other_wise the dude behind the construct to the entire REAL_IT_Y,

Since it is at THE most finite part of 'time' ;..events binarily Time Emit ,,,, including brain matter ,er ya drop dead the entire CCP from the top ping pong down.
:twisted:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:16 pm If the mind may be viewed as physical, then I choose clairvoyance.

I would prevent many tragedies and make lots of money on sports betting.
Not sure sport betting would be enhanced by clairvoyance. Surely the competitors would have to already know who is going to win?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:01 am With my immunity to radiation I will head over to Chernobyl with a pick axe and sort that shit out pretty quickly. Then I will buy one of those foot xray machines that got banned from show shops about 50 years ago, and use it just as many times as I like.
Your first use is laudable.
Not much of an ambition to see the bones of your foot though.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:01 am With my immunity to radiation I will head over to Chernobyl with a pick axe and sort that shit out pretty quickly. Then I will buy one of those foot xray machines that got banned from show shops about 50 years ago, and use it just as many times as I like.
Maybe you will find out how bad your soles are (both souls)
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:15 pm
In that case I want to change my super ability. I now have the power of HammerTime; the talent to call the normal flow of beggining middle and end to a standstill and replace it with 17 seconds of something a lot like normal time, but almost 700% funkier. An alternative dimension where the result of all causes is the inflation of trousers and the dropping of beats.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:07 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:15 pm
In that case I want to change my super ability. I now have the power of HammerTime; the talent to call the normal flow of beggining middle and end to a standstill and replace it with 17 seconds of something a lot like normal time, but almost 700% funkier. An alternative dimension where the result of all causes is the inflation of trousers and the dropping of beats.
You mean like THIS????
Maybe someone got there first??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lODBVM802H8
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

My superpower would be to fear nothing including death and not feel pain. Then I'd kill myself.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:26 am My superpower would be to fear nothing including death and not feel pain. Then I'd kill myself.
Do you not hope to be able to improve the world?

Maybe that is the only way you can think of doing it.
Surely if less people mean a better world then why stop at just killing you?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:06 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:26 am My superpower would be to fear nothing including death and not feel pain. Then I'd kill myself.

I could care less what other people do.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:05 am

Is that a Freudian slip; did you really mean "I coundn't care less..."?

I have a wish for a superpower where I can very selectively kill people for the greater good.
And do care to use it were I to possess it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:05 am

Is that a Freudian slip; did you really mean "I coundn't care less..."?

I have a wish for a superpower where I can very selectively kill people for the greater good.
And do care to use it were I to possess it.
Forget it. You're just twisting this way out of what I meant. I probably shouldn't have said anything to begin with. But, yes. I think of suicide sometimes and no I don't want others to die. It has nothing to do with others or making the world a better place by people killing themselves.