What do U recommend philosophically delving into RE TV series or films?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: What do U recommend philosophically delving into RE TV series or films?

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:24 am Thanks gaffo - will have a look at some of those.
I watched Snowtown which as you likely know is based on a true story of bodies in found in barrels in an abandoned bank in a town called Snowtown - North not far from me. I think it starts in the shithole suburb Elizabeth - and that scene you posted is likely there.
Elizabeth a suburb that was created as a place for 'poms' English immigrants to be settled, is now 'Bogan' central decent people living among meth morons.

I just booted the computer to watch it again.

btw - blue ray is bollocks. Unless you like a physical package and are a collector of such things - files *.mkv - don't need DVD or blue-ray or any disk - that's ancient tech really for Mums and Dads - or above.

If the streaming sites that I eventually decided to support don't have a film or series I am interested in, I torrent - the files go to my PC, and a tip to anyone with a smart TV that supports DLNA protocol - put PS3 Media player on your PC - and load up the folders MOVIES\TV SERIES woteva - and stream directly from the PC HD to the TV.

As far as pre 80s, not really into it...quite the opposite in fact, I think things have improved vastly by way of story plot lines, depth and of course quality visually CGI. The market is overloaded with CRAP, it's just a case of finding the good stuff.

I just watched on AMA.PRIME, 'I care a lot' - holy crap - in the end I was slightly disappointed but it was very enjoyable.
i know about mkv files. not that it is relivent but just ofr histories sake i did have a YT channel called "Z cChannel" (reference to the original here in the US - in California in the 70's/80's there was a cable tv channel called the z channal - i remember watching Galipoli as a kid in 1980 in that chanel in Irvine CA) anyway my z channel - whcih had all the shows of Callan, Gideons Way,Danger UXB, the Human Jungle, the Senator -noneof which i had heard of as an american and i viewed yr earlier before yt removed them -i baught the dvd of and encoded them via "handbrake" to then upload to my channel - in fully copryriech voilation - to allow esposure to persens that did not kow of those shows - like i did not kow of yr prior) - anyway i had my channel "the z channel" (BTW the person that created the original z channel went off his rails and killed himself and wife too?? - thier is a documentary about this by his duaghter - which i did not know about nor have i scene but interestd in watchign the particulars of if via a free link).

MY YT channal got 350 subs - all non-profit - i love good films tv shows - have no interest in moony outside of food and shelter. anyway as aid i got 350 subs and 6 months until the third strike - and my channal from Sept 16- march 2017 are memoved.

My identity was removed from yt - so "gaffo" was removed from all of yt - all p[osts from even yrs ago vanished. i thought of re-creating my channal on Daily Motion - thre France is not so subverviant to copyreich bullshit - but never got aroudn to it - TY baciscally kick the shit out of me and i was too lazy to re-create my channel on DM.

oh well.

its all pearls before swine anyway so why bother at this point?

Nobody cares about old shows like The Human Jungle, Callan, Gideon's Way, Danger UXB, or The Senator, too slow - not apt for today;'s short attention span babies - so fuck it.

pearls before swine. as siad above.

two other series i encoded - Coditiz and Secret Army - were tagged by the BBC the minute of the first upload so blocked to uploading to my chhannel at the time. so never up there the 6 months of my chennel - sad though both shows are worthy to be know about - which americans do not know about.

BTW another posted The Sandbaggers on his channel for a couple of weeks (removed in a matter ot days of course copyreich and all that)yrs ago - i watched and like and then bought the dvd set of that show for myself.

YT no long allows such discovery, copy cock blockign rieching all now so i can not find shows on that site like i used to be able to - oh well. ;-//.