Skepick's and tillingborn's mental mastication thread.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

tillingborn

Skepick's and tillingborn's mental mastication thread.

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick; if you have anything to say to me, do so here.
FlashDangerpants

Re: Skepick's and tillingborn's mental masturbation thread.

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Lol, has the troll of infinite vendettas gone and got himself yet another dance partner?

That boy is such a robo-slut
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Yeah. Can't believe I fell for it.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Meh, just play along until you get bored. He never actually believes a thing that he writes anyway, all his bullshit is for performance.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:28 am Meh, just play along until you get bored. He never actually believes a thing that he writes anyway, all his bullshit is for performance.
You could perhaps tell us how we might determine whether anybody "actually believes" anything they say? Why not use you as an example?

Do you actually believe anything you say? Performatively, what would be different if you didn't?

All your bullshit is for performance too, but I figure you meant that as a pejorative rather than a fact when aimed at me ;)

Actions speak louder than words or some such ancient wisdom.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:02 am Skepdick; if you have anything to say to me, do so here.
I don't have anything to say. I asked you a question. You keep avoiding; and now you are starting a new threads instead of just answering it.
Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:45 am I asked if you do this for merely aesthetic reasons, or if there is more to it.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:19 am Lol, has the troll of infinite vendettas gone and got himself yet another dance partner?

That boy is such a robo-slut
Whether I am a "troll" or not is entirely determined by your behaviour, not mine.

If you react to me with emotion - then I am a troll (from your PoV). Presumably because my questions have exhausted your vocabulary.
If you react to me with reason - then i am not a troll (from your PoV). Presumably because you have more to say.
All human beings carry about a set of words which they employ to justify their actions, their beliefs, and their lives. These are the words in which we formulate praise of our friends and contempt for our enemies, our long-term projects, our deepest self-doubts and our highest hopes… I shall call these words a person's “final vocabulary”. Those words are as far as he can go with language; beyond them is only helpless passivity or a resort to force. (Contingency, Irony, and Solidarity p. 73)
Seeming as you think I am "trolling" you, perhaps that's a signal you've run out of things to say?

Most reasonable human beings figure that coincides with the limits their knowledge/understanding, rather than attack their interlocutor. If you care about civility/charity anyway.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:37 amI asked if you do this for merely aesthetic reasons, or if there is more to it.
Go back and check the context, shit for brains, and then ask yourself why anyone should bother explaining a feature of themselves that you have invented. Feel free to ask questions about anything I have actually said.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:12 pm Go back and check the context, shit for brains, and then ask yourself why anyone should bother explaining a feature of themselves that you have invented.
I can't check "the context" retard. The context is in your head. It's not in the symbols you write. I can INFER a context, but that's not the same as verifying my inference against the contents of your head. That is literally the difference between abduction and induction.

I haven't invented any features. I ASKED whether there is more to it, or if it's just aesthetics.

Because in so far as I can tell you are using the term "aesthetics" as a thought-terminating cliché.
tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:12 pm Feel free to ask questions about anything I have actually said.
That is what I am doing.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:16 pm
tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:12 pm Feel free to ask questions about anything I have actually said.
That is what I am doing.
No it isn't.
tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:58 am
Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:50 am
tillingborn wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:41 pm If you had to sum up David Hume in a couple of sentences, that's a pretty good job. If you stick with philosophy long enough what you will find is that after thousands of years and billions of thoughts, the people who think their ideas are unique are just ignorant. The people whose ideas really are unique are mental.
Oh. You are still pursuing ideas for their uniqueness?
Seriously? Do you really think that is implied in what I said?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:21 pm No it isn't.
That is an uncharitable interpretation.

What are you doing on a Philosophy forum if you don't give a shit about charity?
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:22 pm
tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:21 pmNo it isn't.
Fuck off then.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:26 pm
Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:22 pm
tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:21 pmNo it isn't.
Fuck off then.
I guess uncharitable people will never believe that I am charitable ;)
Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 am Whether I am a "troll" or not is entirely determined by your behaviour, not mine.

If you react to me with emotion - then I am a troll (from your PoV). Presumably because my questions have exhausted your vocabulary.
If you react to me with reason - then i am not a troll (from your PoV). Presumably because you have more to say.
All human beings carry about a set of words which they employ to justify their actions, their beliefs, and their lives. These are the words in which we formulate praise of our friends and contempt for our enemies, our long-term projects, our deepest self-doubts and our highest hopes… I shall call these words a person's “final vocabulary”. Those words are as far as he can go with language; beyond them is only helpless passivity or a resort to force. (Contingency, Irony, and Solidarity p. 73)
Seeming as you think I am "trolling" you, perhaps that's a signal you've run out of things to say?

Most reasonable human beings figure that coincides with the limits their knowledge/understanding, rather than attack their interlocutor. If you care about civility/charity anyway.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:27 pmMost reasonable human beings figure that coincides with the limits their knowledge/understanding, rather than attack their interlocutor. If you care about civility/charity anyway.
Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pmAnd I can go on ad-infinitum attacking every single concept, feeling or idea you've ever have in your head.

And you aren't going to like it.
And now you're whining that I'm not being charitable.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:31 pm And now you're whining that I'm not being charitable.
Correct. That I can does not mean that I want to; or that I will.

It's entirely on you to detect and signal when we've crossed over your boundary. Because I am not a mind-reader.

Charity implies trust. So keep demonstrating how uncharitable you are...