Schizophrenia

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Schizophrenia

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:45 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:38 pm Are there schizophrenics who reject conspiracy theories?
Probably - I have some friends that talk shit - about some stuff - but the joke is - that quite a lot is rather true - like Clinton on the Lolita Express with Epstein pedo sex trafficking - but that is nothing compared to US politics in general.
You can never know what is behind the masks. We just assume so. What is presented to you could be real or false. Unless you have Divine Knowledge and Awareness.
paigetheoracle

Post by paigetheoracle »

Professor Swaran Singh of Warwick University in the UK, said on BBC’s Horizon documentary ‘Why Did I Go Mad?’ that psychosis is about being a Stranger In A Stranger Land, to quote Robert Heinlein. The suburbs are a battleground (Terra incognita), where discrimination and bullying reign because of isolation (the new attacked by the old). It is no different from the body and its reaction to external invaders. It is also seen in domestic abuse, where children are not wanted and abused. Integration of society or the individual is the only cure.

Like him I believe it has nothing to do with race, culture, sex or sexual persuasion. The bullying is about trying to find a weakness in someone's character (what you fear being disclosed about yourself, which you are ashamed of in your personal history). It is trying to dislodge an opponent from their physical or mental stance (belief about themselves or the world they come from / belonged to) as in wrestling or debating. Whether you are in a new country, new neighbourhood or world – it is about trying to move you out again (‘Go back where you come from / belong’). It is about obeying the rules or taking your own limitations back to where they come from (if you want to stay, you must dump your beliefs about how the world works or should work and accept our way, our version of it).

Problems with personal sanity or society’s way of life? This is it in a nutshell. This is the paradigm wars you face every day and the conversion or rejection that goes on, the universe over (‘Are you one of us or one of them?’ ‘Are you with us or against us?’ ‘Do we love (want you) or hate you (not want you here)?’). This is how it relates to conspiracy theory - the depressed underdog.

See also Marius Romme and The Maastricht Approach (Hearing Voices Network) for healing rifts in the psyche
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

paigetheoracle wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:34 pm Professor Swaran Singh of Warwick University in the UK, said on BBC’s Horizon documentary ‘Why Did I Go Mad?’ that psychosis is about being a Stranger In A Stranger Land, to quote Robert Heinlein. The suburbs are a battleground (Terra incognita), where discrimination and bullying reign because of isolation (the new attacked by the old). It is no different from the body and its reaction to external invaders. It is also seen in domestic abuse, where children are not wanted and abused. Integration of society or the individual is the only cure.

Like him I believe it has nothing to do with race, culture, sex or sexual persuasion. The bullying is about trying to find a weakness in someone's character (what you fear being disclosed about yourself, which you are ashamed of in your personal history). It is trying to dislodge an opponent from their physical or mental stance (belief about themselves or the world they come from / belonged to) as in wrestling or debating. Whether you are in a new country, new neighbourhood or world – it is about trying to move you out again (‘Go back where you come from / belong’). It is about obeying the rules or taking your own limitations back to where they come from (if you want to stay, you must dump your beliefs about how the world works or should work and accept our way, our version of it).

Problems with personal sanity or society’s way of life? This is it in a nutshell. This is the paradigm wars you face every day and the conversion or rejection that goes on, the universe over (‘Are you one of us or one of them?’ ‘Are you with us or against us?’ ‘Do we love (want you) or hate you (not want you here)?’). This is how it relates to conspiracy theory - the depressed underdog.

See also Marius Romme and The Maastricht Approach (Hearing Voices Network) for healing rifts in the psyche
Very good analysis, thanks for that. Yet I doubt that only a lonesome Christ would be able to totally resist societal pressures to comply.The desert monks of old aimed to resist bullying pressures to comply with the wider society and its evils.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:58 am Some people are delusional yet being healthy. That has to do with conspiracy theory. Schizopehrian is a disease.
correct.

plent of sane folks beleive in conspiracies, but schizopnenics have an organic desease that allows them to beleive in conspiracies morso than just the otehr folks.

why? i suspect they are afraid of themselves and their thinking - they now someting is "off" and since the desease affects thier ssense of self (90-percetn of the time) - they konw they are not off but all others are in on the plot insead.

Schizophrea i suspect have many genes - and many forms (it shows itself as one form - but i do not tink it is only one form). in identical twin studies it shows only 30 percnt condodance, so per those studies (where there are identical twins) - those forms soe that the gene are epigenetic - there is a environmental trigger to start the iillness. i personally suspect its a virus that folks with the gens for some forms of the illnesss have a lower immunity to assult, and so when exposed to the viri one becomes infected with and thier brian become ill - the other twin never got exposed oo the viirus).

just my opinion, other illnesses like manic depression are much more condordant - 80-perceent, so assumed more in born per "Fate" than schesophrenia.

again i think there are many form some may be forced per fate - but most forms per the studies show it is epigenitic and not fate.

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:19 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:48 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:16 pm

Schizophrenia is defined by its criteria in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-V):

To read what defines schizophrenia is to google dsm 5.
..and IF there is a God, could such an entity create a 'disordered mental' appreciation of 'normal' reality?
If such an entity would be responsible for creating mental diseases, then one could surmise that an abnormal appreciation of normal phenomena would arise from the same source.

It’s like this: if hundreds of thousands of people believe the 2020 election for US president was stolen, and billions of people do not, then the theft is fantasyland and the people living there have lost their grip on reality.
Does this mean that if one person believed and claimed that the earth revolved around the sun, and EVERY one else does not, then that one person is in, so called, "fantasy land", and that person living 'there' has lost their grip on reality?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:18 pm Tell the other fragment of you to get over himself, he isn't that special :)
Mate, if U think someone being fucked over by the sub-atomic REAL_IT_Y is some 'psychotic' other self of ME. U GOT a lot of work ahead just because - AND LET ME BE CLEAR - as I INSISTED to the psychiatrist when he questioned whether I thought I had some "BRAIN INBALANCE" and i stated NO - that indeed there is a GOD FUCKING with me - and I stated to him - then define schizophrenia - that maybe it IS GOD fucking with people's REAL_IT_Y.

He asked - well - I need to put something down on this certificate (which meant for 3 months I could get on with the art that the sage\God insisted I DO)
WHY did sage/God, supposedly, INSIST that you DO art?

What purpose is your art for?
attofishpi wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:45 pm I said well then - there is your answer - maybe God fucking with people's minds DEFINES schizophrenia - he said OK then - and signed off on it, (MUCH TO MY RELIEF)

Let me just make a point of clarity - I WENT TO THE SHRINK FOR MY BENEFIT FINANCIALLY- if U can understand that
Yes I can. 'you' are GREEDY, right?
bahman

Post by bahman »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:56 am
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:58 am Some people are delusional yet being healthy. That has to do with conspiracy theory. Schizopehrian is a disease.
correct.

plent of sane folks beleive in conspiracies, but schizopnenics have an organic desease that allows them to beleive in conspiracies morso than just the otehr folks.

why? i suspect they are afraid of themselves and their thinking - they now someting is "off" and since the desease affects thier ssense of self (90-percetn of the time) - they konw they are not off but all others are in on the plot insead.

Schizophrea i suspect have many genes - and many forms (it shows itself as one form - but i do not tink it is only one form). in identical twin studies it shows only 30 percnt condodance, so per those studies (where there are identical twins) - those forms soe that the gene are epigenetic - there is a environmental trigger to start the iillness. i personally suspect its a virus that folks with the gens for some forms of the illnesss have a lower immunity to assult, and so when exposed to the viri one becomes infected with and thier brian become ill - the other twin never got exposed oo the viirus).

just my opinion, other illnesses like manic depression are much more condordant - 80-perceent, so assumed more in born per "Fate" than schesophrenia.

again i think there are many form some may be forced per fate - but most forms per the studies show it is epigenitic and not fate.
Interesting information.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:20 am
Atla wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:18 pm Tell the other fragment of you to get over himself, he isn't that special :)
Mate, if U think someone being fucked over by the sub-atomic REAL_IT_Y is some 'psychotic' other self of ME. U GOT a lot of work ahead just because - AND LET ME BE CLEAR - as I INSISTED to the psychiatrist when he questioned whether I thought I had some "BRAIN INBALANCE" and i stated NO - that indeed there is a GOD FUCKING with me - and I stated to him - then define schizophrenia - that maybe it IS GOD fucking with people's REAL_IT_Y.

He asked - well - I need to put something down on this certificate (which meant for 3 months I could get on with the art that the sage\God insisted I DO)

attofishpi wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:45 pm I said well then - there is your answer - maybe God fucking with people's minds DEFINES schizophrenia - he said OK then - and signed off on it, (MUCH TO MY RELIEF)

Let me just make a point of clarity - I WENT TO THE SHRINK FOR MY BENEFIT FINANCIALLY- if U can understand that
When you suck some big hairy blokes gizz down your throat for the extra 'tip' ..do you feel greedy? We all got bills to pay, right?

btw. If you don't see any purpose that a sage indeed God might have via my art, you are certainly more of a moron than I previously presumed.

(ps apology in advance RL)

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm

When you suck some big hairy blokes gizz down your throat for the extra 'tip' ..do you feel greedy?
WHY do 'you' ASSUME 'I' do this?
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm We all got bills to pay, right?
No, NOT AT ALL.

And, here is a ANOTHER EXAMPLE of "justification" or "rationalization" for being a GREEDY human being.
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm btw. If you don't see any purpose that a sage indeed God might have via my art, you are certainly more of a moron than I previously presumed.
But WHY would you even begin to ASSUME that I do NOT see ANY purpose that a sage/God might have via your art. I just asked you the question:

You were the one who claimed sage/God INSISTED you do art. I am just CURIOS as to WHY?

If you do NOT know WHY, then so be it.
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm (ps apology in advance RL)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:08 pm

When you suck some big hairy blokes gizz down your throat for the extra 'tip' ..do you feel greedy?
No, NOT AT ALL.

And, here is a ANOTHER EXAMPLE of "justification" or "rationalization" for being a GREEDY human being.
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm btw. If you don't see any purpose that a sage indeed God might have via my art, you are certainly more of a moron than I previously presumed.
But WHY would you even begin to ASSUME that I do NOT see ANY purpose that a sage/God might have via your art. I just asked you the question:

You were the one who claimed sage/God INSISTED you do art. I am just CURIOS as to WHY?

I am pretty certain, you could be the most boring drip on the internet.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:09 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:48 pm

..and IF there is a God, could such an entity create a 'disordered mental' appreciation of 'normal' reality?
If such an entity would be responsible for creating mental diseases, then one could surmise that an abnormal appreciation of normal phenomena would arise from the same source.

It’s like this: if hundreds of thousands of people believe the 2020 election for US president was stolen, and billions of people do not, then the theft is fantasyland and the people living there have lost their grip on reality.
Does this mean that if one person believed and claimed that the earth revolved around the sun, and EVERY one else does not, then that one person is in, so called, "fantasy land", and that person living 'there' has lost their grip on reality?
Yes, but in this case the sun exists in fantasy land, too :mrgreen:

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:17 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:08 pm

No, NOT AT ALL.

I am pretty certain, you could be the most boring drip on the internet.
Okay.

That is one way to NOT answer clarifying questions in relation to your claims.

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:54 am

So, to you, the one who is speaking thee ACTUAL Truth of things is living in, so called, "fantasy land", while ALL the "others" who are BELIEVING 'that', what is NOT TRUE AT ALL, are NOT living in "fantasy land", correct?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:47 am
commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:54 am

So, to you, the one who is speaking thee ACTUAL Truth of things is living in, so called, "fantasy land", while ALL the "others" who are BELIEVING 'that', what is NOT TRUE AT ALL, are NOT living in "fantasy land", correct?
Majority rules.

Is there an ACTUAL TRUTH? If so, HOW is it DETERMINED if not by CONSENSUS?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:04 pm Since the 1990’s there has been a significant upswing in the number of cases of peanut allergy as well as cases of asthma.

The relatively abrupt widespread presence of these problems led to the belief, initially, that the increases were due to over-reporting and over-diagnosis rather than a true increase in the presence of these entities.

Is there an upswing in the incidence of schizophrenia, I wonder.

Schizophrenia is a complex disease, one that is not easily diagnosed. Among many symptoms stand delusions and disorganized thinking.

Judging only from a layman’s point of view, I am beginning to think that conspiracy theories entail delusional and disorganized thinking.

What’s your opinion on the prevalence of schizophrenia, especially in relation to conspiracy theories?
My brother has schizophrenia. From my experience, I do not think a rise in S has had an impact of CT. The simple reason is that whilst S robs you of reason and certainly would make you more susceptible to CTs, it robs you of the ability to be convincing in the spreading of such theories and robs you of the motivation to spread them.
A person with significant S, is rarely capable of making rational connections.

On the other hand it seems to me that CTs are no different from the worlds' religions. CTs are rational and logical systems based on false ideas. The problem of the falsity is simply washed away with the capacity to believe. Once the belief is accepted and embraced the entire theory can be absorbed. Even flat-earthers offer rational explanations for their belief and combing that with the capacity to ignore contrary evidence you have a belief system.
A CT does not work from a position of mental illness. All that is required is a belief. Once the belief is harnessed it can be thoroughly supported with conformational bias.
This is true for all CTs and all religions.