General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Schizophrenia

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:45 am
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:40 am
commonsense wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:09 am

Just wondering. Could they be high functioning schizophrenics?
Schizophrenics are extreme in being delusional and they are not functional depending on the level of disease.
If functionality depends on the level of disease, wouldn’t it follow naturally that there are levels of functionality?
Sure, yes.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

DEFINE: Schizophrenia - as I once insisted to a professional. (a psychiatrist)

..if the universe is determined then who am i to attempt to change my mind of taking some valium and drinking a bottle and a half of shiraz Y U all contemplate on the con_template I afore insisted.

..HEY, you might even get a poem out of it - an atto - or some 1 with actual talent!

..this kids a friend of ya
..this schizophrenia

..oh how this kid fought different
thoughts
..oh how this kid was taught an awfall lot
..didn't conform did he?
..spoke about a voice or two distant to epiphany too subliminally
..BUT who R we, for we R the voices of MEDIOCRITY
--- WE R THE ONES
--- we went to UNI to VERSE our intent of UNITY
--- and insist on CON_FORM_IT_Y?
--- WE bleed the minds of inconsistency
--- PHARMA has our answer
--- EAT this PILL - we promise it's not a experiment that might make you #:P_ill
- or some kind of dill
- just think like US, for we are the t_RUST.
- ultimately you must choose are you a SAP or a FOOL?
- or...can U suck moolah from the S.Y.STEM and be a SAGE.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:58 am Some people are delusional yet being healthy.
Most people are delusional. Most people are religious.
That has to do with conspiracy theory. Schizophrenia is a disease.
It's a profound and debilitating disease.
It's treatment is severe.
And long term consequences dire.

My brother was diagnosed over 40 years ago.
He's had basically no life.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:21 am
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:58 am Some people are delusional yet being healthy.
About 90% of people I know are atheist. Not sure if I should call them deluded - but certainly short-sighted.

Sculptor wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:21 am It's a profound and debilitating disease.

May I ask, and I think the answer surely must be certain to a degree - how much did your brother talk about that great 'delusion' of religious (theist) talk?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:38 am DEFINE: Schizophrenia - as I once insisted to a professional. (a psychiatrist)
Schizophrenia is defined by its criteria in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-V):

To read what defines schizophrenia is to google dsm 5.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:16 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:38 am DEFINE: Schizophrenia - as I once insisted to a professional. (a psychiatrist)
Schizophrenia is defined by its criteria in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-V):

..and IF there is a God, could such an entity create a 'disordered mental' appreciation of 'normal' reality?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:48 pm

..and IF there is a God, could such an entity create a 'disordered mental' appreciation of 'normal' reality?
If such an entity would be responsible for creating mental diseases, then one could surmise that an abnormal appreciation of normal phenomena would arise from the same source.

It’s like this: if hundreds of thousands of people believe the 2020 election for US president was stolen, and billions of people do not, then the theft is fantasyland and the people living there have lost their grip on reality.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I understand a major psychopathy such as is schizophrenia is characterised by lack of insight into delusions and hallucinations.

It's true that many if not most people who believe unlikely conspiracy theories also lack insight into , for instance, their own confirmation bias. However these people don't also hallucinate due to pathological imbalance of their brain chemistry.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:19 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:48 pm

If such an entity would be responsible for creating mental diseases, then one could surmise that an abnormal appreciation of normal phenomena would arise from the same source.
Nah. It wouldn't be a disease - at best it would be the individuals (in this case someone about to be deemed schizophrenic) lack of comprehension and indeed analysis of what was being done, to said individual. Beyond that, THEN having to deal with people that studied at UNI and all their books, on what 'hearing a voice' or 'seeing reality morph' entails ---> SCHIZOPHRENIA (no compromise to actually listen to ANY amount of logic behind what HE\SHE is actually stating)

commonsense wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:19 pmIt’s like this: if hundreds of thousands of people believe the 2020 election for US president was stolen, and billions of people do not, then the theft is fantasyland and the people living there have lost their grip on reality.
NO. It has fuck all to do with anything like that.
bahman

Post by bahman »

I am a spiritual peson and have good reasons for my belief. Most religious people are however wrong because of the work of Satan.
That has to do with conspiracy theory. Schizophrenia is a disease.
It's a profound and debilitating disease.

Sorry to hear that.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:03 pm I am a spiritual peson and have good reasons for my belief. Most religious people are however wrong because of the work of Satan.
..if you still BELIEVE in a 'satan' you really are a sad git.
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:21 am
bahman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:03 pm I am a spiritual peson and have good reasons for my belief. Most religious people are however wrong because of the work of Satan.
..if you still BELIEVE in a 'satan' you really are a sad git.
:mrgreen:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I analyse minds. If you think I am not going to analyse the mind of someone that has studied wot he/she thought was a MIND abnormal (a psychiatrists forte), ...well think again.

...and who would I be to not portray my analysis of said professionals of MINDS.

..pathetic. short-sighted - knowing far less than me about physiscs (doesn't say much)

..a pathetic pathogen of mind that indeed should have more in-sight to what they have endeavoured to study.

OTHER_WISE - pursue something a tad less conscious than a human.

(that's right - they didn't investigate the hi.story of the subject ....it's like we all came from the same point of 4D space and whatever shit was thrown at 'it')
Atla

Post by Atla »

Most schizophrenics are excessively paranoid, to the point where they can think that the picture on the wall or the gnome in the corner of the room are out to get them. But this is usually caused by very serious brain functionality problems.

But the thing with conspiracy theorists is, yes 80-90% of them are just crazy, but the other 10-20% of them are simply way more informed and perceptive than the average idiot. The latter group is seen as dangerous and must be silenced. 9/11 is a very good example for this. So the average idiots are programmed to view all conspiracy theorists the same.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Atla wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:50 pm Most schizophrenics are excessively paranoid, to the point where they can think that the picture on the wall or the gnome in the corner of the room are out to get them. But this is usually caused by very serious brain functionality problems.

But the thing with conspiracy theorists is, yes 80-90% of them are just crazy, but the other 10-20% of them are simply way more informed and perceptive than the average idiot. The latter group is seen as dangerous and must be silenced. 9/11 is a very good example for this. So the average idiots are programmed to view all conspiracy theorists the same.
conspiracy_theories.png
conspiracy_theories.png (105.52 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
jet_fuel.png
jet_fuel.png (67.57 KiB) Viewed 2135 times