Boris Johnson Doing a Great Job

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Boris Johnson Doing a Great Job

Post by Sculptor »

UK is an Island Nation.
NZ has fewer deaths but a smaller population, and lower density. Maybe not comparable?
But Japan's population is twice the size, with a higher population density.
Why has Japan failed to kill as many people as Boris??
Maybe they just do not have the will power?

Japan COVID deaths: 5,554, Deaths per million Population 45
UK COVID deaths: 105,571 Deaths per million Population 1550

Obviously Japan is laggin way behind. With very similar GDPper capita, Japan ought to be doing much better.

What more can Japan do to catch up?
attofishpi

Re: Boris Johnson Doing a Great Job

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:10 pm UK is an Island Nation.
NZ has fewer deaths but a smaller population, and lower density. Maybe not comparable?

Obviously Japan is laggin way behind. With very similar GDPper capita, Japan ought to be doing much better.

Clearly I'm gonna have to straighten U out (again) ol' chum.

How many times have you been to Japan?

- they don't have that GREAT multi-cultural epicentre that the UK has - ergo - FAR less influx of the virus.
- the same can be said of NZ and my new land - that chopped off the influx very early on.

now please rethink things.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:40 am

- they don't have that GREAT multi-cultural epicentre that the UK has - ergo - FAR less influx of the virus.
- the same can be said of NZ and my new land - that chopped off the influx very early on.

You are talking bollocks as usual.
You don't get the facts and figures you need to understand the problem by being a tourist.

Japan has the largest import/export per capita of any country in the region, and far more than the UK could dream of.
3.1 million people visit Japan annually.
Only 9 million visit the UK.

Japan decided to protect itself from the virus, the UK simply did not.

"Influx" as you call it is a CHOICE. A choice the the UK made to maintain for fear of economic loss.
ANY Island is capable of cutting off any inlfux if they have the political will to do so. Japan and NZ cut off the influx and instituted policies of quarantee, test and trace. The UK FAILED to do that.
The UK had a policy "contain/ delay". It gave up on contain when the number of cases was 85, FFS. Japan and NZ moved more smartly.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:40 am

You are talking bollocks as usual.
You don't get the facts and figures you need to understand the problem by being a tourist.

Japan has the largest import/export per capita of any country in the region, and far more than the UK could dream of.
3.1 million people visit Japan annually.
...and therein lies the point of "tourists" - people that GOT CUT OFF after the pandemic.

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 amOnly 9 million visit the UK.
So 3 times the Jap experience - of TOURISTS. But, when you include actual CITIZENS, should i use this word EXPLOITING their right to return from VAST bioethnic (i think i just made a word up - fuk it) a VAST LARGE ethnic range from around the globe - ---

U R gonna be inundated with THE VIRUS.

You are comparing an apple with a lemon.

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 amJapan decided to protect itself from the virus, the UK simply did not.
Er, they did to the best of their ability, but the lefty PC crowd wouldn't have controls - quarantine of returning citizens from ALL these exotic frontiers that make up the UK population these days (sad, I know)

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 am"Influx" as you call it is a CHOICE. A choice the the UK made to maintain for fear of economic loss.
ANY Island is capable of cutting off any inlfux if they have the political will to do so.
My point above addresses that.

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 amJapan and NZ cut off the influx and instituted policies of quarantee, test and trace. The UK FAILED to do that.
The UK had a policy "contain/ delay". It gave up on contain when the number of cases was 85, FFS. Japan and NZ moved more smartly.
Dude, dude. U cannot contain/delay when you have a concentrated population of MULTI-CULTURE - that demands as citizens - TO RETURN HOME.
It's a sheer numbers game.
Oz is struggling with the attempt at quarantening the mere numbers we deal with - UK is another story altogether.