Should Police Officers With Ties to Extremist Groups Be Fired?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Should Police Officers With Ties to Extremist Groups Be Fired?

Post by Gary Childress »

After the Capitol riots, there appears to be mounting pressure to weed out police officers from the force who happen to also belong to extremist groups outside of their work. I'm curious if anyone sees that as unfair or unjust? Is it intruding on police officers' freedom of association outside of work (for example) or is it a public danger to have police officers with extremist beliefs on the force and therefore a background record clear of extremism ought to be part of the requirements for being an officer of the law--just as passing a psychological test might be?

It sort of seems prudent to me at first glance to ensure (for public safety) that police officers be upstanding individuals who will likely act rationally and appropriately in the line of duty and that having extremist beliefs might be something that could impede an officer's ability to carry out the law impartially or appropriately. So it seems, at first glance, like the right thing to do to me.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after ... -ntp-feeds
attofishpi

Re: Should Police Officers With Ties to Extremist Groups Be Fired?

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:28 am Should Police Officers With Ties to Extremist Groups Be Fired?

Mate, I am not bothering to read woteva U posted after the question of the OP.

..it goes without saying. but... STAY IN THE MIDDLE AND FUCK THE EXTREMETIES OF MANS STUPIDITY.

:twisted: ..especially where they have been ENDORSED with power over others. :twisted:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:28 am Should Police Officers With Ties to Extremist Groups Be Fired?

..it goes without saying. but... STAY IN THE MIDDLE AND FUCK THE EXTREMETIES OF MANS STUPIDITY.

:twisted: ..especially where they have been ENDORSED with power over others. :twisted:
Fair enough. You got the gist of it.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:53 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 am

Fair enough. You got the gist of it.
..oh, thanks.