General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Bomb Blast in Nashville Christmas Day

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:11 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm
Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:28 pm

When you said that I "empathize with criminals", then who exactly where you referring to?
Did you not say, "I EMPATHIZE with EVERY human being." Or, did you not say "Yes I do", that you empathize with Hitler? Was Hilter a criminal, yes or no? If he was then you must empathize with criminals. Right?
Did I NOT ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGE this when I wrote;
BUT, on further and after inspection you were probably talking about in relation to that OTHER HUMAN BEING your called "hitler" here. Is this correct now??
That's why I asked you what you meant by the statement above, BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEANT. Then you responded with "who exactly where you referring to?" So I answered that. I was referring to criminals such as Hitler (as well as the bomber who endangered others by blowing himself up in the middle of a city block on Christmas day).

In any case, it seems we both agree that you empathize with criminals like Hitler and this bomber. I do not. I guess we disagree on who deserves empathy. So be it.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:26 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Did you not say, "I EMPATHIZE with EVERY human being." Or, did you not say "Yes I do", that you empathize with Hitler? Was Hilter a criminal, yes or no? If he was then you must empathize with criminals. Right?
BUT, on further and after inspection you were probably talking about in relation to that OTHER HUMAN BEING your called "hitler" here. Is this correct now??
That's why I asked you what you meant by the statement above, BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEANT. Then you responded with "who exactly where you referring to?" So I answered that.
WHERE and WHEN did you ANSWER that question?

I think you MEANT to say here, that you RESPONDED to that question, because as far as I can ascertain you have CERTAINLY NEVER ANSWERED that ACTUAL question.
Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:11 pm I was referring to criminals such as Hitler (as well as the bomber who endangered others by blowing himself up in the middle of a city block on Christmas day).

In any case, it seems we both agree that you empathize with criminals like Hitler and this bomber.
What do you mean, "it SEEMS we both agree that you empathize with criminal like ..."?

I VERY CLEARLY STATED that I empathize with EVERY human being. So, this OBVIOUSLY, and NOT SEEMINGLY, includes ALL, so called, "criminals".

Also, WHY EXACTLY was THAT bomber a, so called, "criminal"?

Was it because of that ONE marijuana charge/conviction or for some other reason?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:26 pm I do not. I guess we disagree on who deserves empathy. So be it.
LOL Did you REALLY NOT READ when I have informed you, on a couple of occasions, that it appears that we use the 'empathize' word VERY DIFFERENTLY?

Also, to me, IF EVERY one had True EMPATHY for EVERY one else, then ABSOLUTELY NO one would WANT to commit suicide in the first place.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:44 pm

That's why I asked you what you meant by the statement above, BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEANT. Then you responded with "who exactly where you referring to?" So I answered that.

I think you MEANT to say here, that you RESPONDED to that question, because as far as I can ascertain you have CERTAINLY NEVER ANSWERED that ACTUAL question.
Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:11 pm I was referring to criminals such as Hitler (as well as the bomber who endangered others by blowing himself up in the middle of a city block on Christmas day).

In any case, it seems we both agree that you empathize with criminals like Hitler and this bomber.
What do you mean, "it SEEMS we both agree that you empathize with criminal like ..."?

I VERY CLEARLY STATED that I empathize with EVERY human being. So, this OBVIOUSLY, and NOT SEEMINGLY, includes ALL, so called, "criminals".

Was it because of that ONE marijuana charge/conviction or for some other reason?
He's a criminal because he blew up an entire city block, endangering others in the name of taking his life! That's pretty criminal, isn't it?

LOL Did you REALLY NOT READ when I have informed you, on a couple of occasions, that it appears that we use the 'empathize' word VERY DIFFERENTLY?
Empathy: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner
That's what I mean by empathy, what do you mean by empathy?
Also, to me, IF EVERY one had True EMPATHY for EVERY one else, then ABSOLUTELY NO one would WANT to commit suicide in the first place.
First off, I empathize with people who aren't completely abhorrent criminals. If they do abhorrent criminal actions, then I cease to empathize with them. So what difference does it make if abhorrent criminals commit suicide? What difference does it make to all the good people in this world if I empathize with them but not with criminals? In fact, what difference does it make to you if I don't empathize with such criminals as Hitler and this moron who committed suicide by blowing up an entire city block? Does it mean that much to you that I need to empathize with complete assholes?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

What if...it was just a dramatic way of committing suicide?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm

He's a criminal because he blew up an entire city block, endangering others in the name of taking his life! That's pretty criminal, isn't it?
So, you will not empathize at all with this one in this situation but would you then empathize with this one if they blew them self up in an empty paddock?

Did that one warn others to get away because of what is about to occur?

That one is completely dead so whether it was criminal or not has NO REAL bearing on ANY thing. If one kills them self but does what you consider "endanger others", then is that, so called, "criminal", to you?
Empathy: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner
I mean the same, and what can be CLEARLY SEEN is that by 'empathizing' with another one does NOT necessarily have to agree at all with what they are doing or have done.
First off, I empathize with people who aren't completely abhorrent criminals.
LOL Okay.

Obviously you do NOT have ANY True empathy skills AT ALL.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm If they do abhorrent criminal actions, then I cease to empathize with them.
LOL Okay.

You OBVIOUSLY do NOT YET FULLY UNDERSTAND 'empathy', itself. But, this speaks for itself, as 'empathy' involves UNDERSTANDING, itself.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm So what difference does it make if abhorrent criminals commit suicide?
But, as in the case is a PRIME EXAMPLE, and according to your own, so called, "logic", this person is NOT a, so called, "criminal" until AFTER they are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY blown up and DEAD.

What can ALSO be CLEARLY SEEN here is that it is ABHORRENTLY HORRIBLE and EXTREMELY JUDGMENTAL PEOPLE like 'YOU', "gary childress", WHY some other human beings do NOT want to continue living in this ABHORRENTLY HORRIBLE human being created 'world', ANYMORE.

It is because of people like 'you', "gary childress", and your COMPLETE lack of empathy and understanding, WHY some human beings end up wanting to kill themselves and others and WHY adults keep doing the wrong that they do.

In other words, it is because of your abhorrent WRONG behaviors that this 'world' is the way it is.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm What difference does it make to all the good people in this world if I empathize with them but not with criminals?
Thank you for the ABSOLUTE BLINDNESS and IGNORANCE SHOWN here, by 'you'.

This is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of EXACTLY WHY the 'world' was in the ABSOLUTE MESS it was, in the days of when this was being written.

You just made the CLAIM that there are 'good people', now will you provide a definition for 'good people', and them provide examples of 'good' and 'bad' people?

By the way what difference it makes is 'you' are a 'PART OF THE PROBLEM', and thus thee 'CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM'. By your VERY OWN BEHAVIORS you are the 'bad person' CAUSING and CREATING the 'problems' of this 'world'.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm In fact, what difference does it make to you if I don't empathize with such criminals as Hitler and this moron who committed suicide by blowing up an entire city block? Does it mean that much to you that I need to empathize with complete assholes?
You can empathize with assholes' if you like. But if you had ANY empathy OR understanding at all, then you would ALREADY KNOW that 'assholes' are NOT human beings with thoughts AND emotions.

By the way, if you still have NOT YET WORKED IT OUT, IF you did learn HOW TO have ACTUAL EMPATHY, then people would NOT grow up to do what you call "criminal" acts. This is the DIFFERENCE it would ACTUALLY MAKE in the 'world'.

But you are FREE to continue on with your EXTREMELY JUDGMENTAL and UNEMPHATIC ways as much as you. You will, however, just continue to get what you sow, which is what you claim here you DO NOT WANT.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:53 pm

So, you will not empathize at all with this one in this situation but would you then empathize with this one if they blew them self up in an empty paddock?

That one is completely dead so whether it was criminal or not has NO REAL bearing on ANY thing. If one kills them self but does what you consider "endanger others", then is that, so called, "criminal", to you?
I mean the same, and what can be CLEARLY SEEN is that by 'empathizing' with another one does NOT necessarily have to agree at all with what they are doing or have done.
LOL Okay.

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm If they do abhorrent criminal actions, then I cease to empathize with them.
LOL Okay.

You OBVIOUSLY do NOT YET FULLY UNDERSTAND 'empathy', itself. But, this speaks for itself, as 'empathy' involves UNDERSTANDING, itself.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm So what difference does it make if abhorrent criminals commit suicide?
But, as in the case is a PRIME EXAMPLE, and according to your own, so called, "logic", this person is NOT a, so called, "criminal" until AFTER they are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY blown up and DEAD.

What can ALSO be CLEARLY SEEN here is that it is ABHORRENTLY HORRIBLE and EXTREMELY JUDGMENTAL PEOPLE like 'YOU', "gary childress", WHY some other human beings do NOT want to continue living in this ABHORRENTLY HORRIBLE human being created 'world', ANYMORE.

It is because of people like 'you', "gary childress", and your COMPLETE lack of empathy and understanding, WHY some human beings end up wanting to kill themselves and others and WHY adults keep doing the wrong that they do.

In other words, it is because of your abhorrent WRONG behaviors that this 'world' is the way it is.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm What difference does it make to all the good people in this world if I empathize with them but not with criminals?

This is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of EXACTLY WHY the 'world' was in the ABSOLUTE MESS it was, in the days of when this was being written.

You just made the CLAIM that there are 'good people', now will you provide a definition for 'good people', and them provide examples of 'good' and 'bad' people?

By the way what difference it makes is 'you' are a 'PART OF THE PROBLEM', and thus thee 'CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM'. By your VERY OWN BEHAVIORS you are the 'bad person' CAUSING and CREATING the 'problems' of this 'world'.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:05 pm In fact, what difference does it make to you if I don't empathize with such criminals as Hitler and this moron who committed suicide by blowing up an entire city block? Does it mean that much to you that I need to empathize with complete assholes?
You can empathize with assholes' if you like. But if you had ANY empathy OR understanding at all, then you would ALREADY KNOW that 'assholes' are NOT human beings with thoughts AND emotions.

By the way, if you still have NOT YET WORKED IT OUT, IF you did learn HOW TO have ACTUAL EMPATHY, then people would NOT grow up to do what you call "criminal" acts. This is the DIFFERENCE it would ACTUALLY MAKE in the 'world'.

But you are FREE to continue on with your EXTREMELY JUDGMENTAL and UNEMPHATIC ways as much as you. You will, however, just continue to get what you sow, which is what you claim here you DO NOT WANT.
Look, if you empathize with abhorrent criminals, that's fine. I don't. I've already told you that I empathize with everyone except abhorrent criminals so don't try to guilt me into believing that I cause people to kill themsleves. What an utterly DEPRAVED thing to tell an honest law-abiding person, "you cause people to kill themselves".
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

BTW, speaking of reaping what you sow. You'll notice that I was civil with you up until you started accusing me of not empathizing with people because they commit suicide. See below:

Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:04 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:00 am
Age wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:42 pm

I thought the darwin awards went to those who killed themselves doing stupid things,
accidentally.

Did that one forget to get out of the vehicle?
I'm not 100% sure. As far as I know, it generally refers to people who just take themselves out of the gene pool doing really stupid stuff.
The Darwin Awards are a tongue-in-cheek honor originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions around 1985. They recognize individuals who have supposedly contributed to human evolution by selecting themselves out of the gene pool from dying or becoming sterilized via their own actions.

The project became more formalized with the creation of a website in 1993, followed by a series of books starting in 2000 by Wendy Northcutt. The criterion for the awards states: "In the spirit of Charles Darwin, the Darwin Awards commemorate individuals who protect our gene pool by making the ultimate sacrifice of their own lives. Darwin Award winners eliminate themselves in an extraordinarily idiotic manner, thereby improving our species' chances of long-term survival."[1]

Accidental self-sterilisation also qualifies; however, the site notes: "Of necessity, the award is usually bestowed posthumously." The candidate is disqualified, though, if "innocent bystanders" are killed in the process, as they might have contributed positively to the gene pool. The logical problem presented by award winners who may have already reproduced is not addressed in the selection process due to the difficulty of ascertaining whether or not a person has children; the Darwin Award rules state that the presence of offspring does not disqualify a nominee
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards
I stand corrected. There is nothing in there about one's dying accidentally via an 'act of stupidity'.

But, in recognizing and saying this, I would NOT say nor suggest that one just committing 'suicide', which some would classify are ALL 'acts of stupidity' is an 'act of stupidity' at all. That is; I found that if one does not want to live anymore, then it would be far more an 'act of stupidity' to just keep living. However, in saying this, the Truly sad and unfortunate Truth that ANY human being does not want to live ANY more is a HUGE blight on human society, itself.

If adult human beings have created a 'world' in which some human beings do not want to live in it anymore, then this is an OBVIOUS SIGN that something NEEDS to be changed. Therefore, the True 'act of STUPIDITY' here is what is 'it', which you adult human beings are doing, that is causing some of your OWN fellow beings to want to commit suicide so as to not have to bear living with in this human created 'world' anymore?

From what I have observed, laughing AT people and ridiculing them causes them to feel 'left out' and 'alone'. And, what is Truly STUPID and Truly SAD here is that there are some people who feel so ALONE and feel that there is absolutely NO hope anymore, that they would prefer to die all the while feeling that they could not be listened to or could not be heard by anyone. They have obviously felt so alone that they could not turn to absolutely ANY one else. So, they have preferred to kill themselves and be dead rather than to live in this one and only Life, alone.

And what makes this even more sad and depressing is that 'you', human beings have made up some, so called, "prize" for these VERY SAD and LONELY people, and have REWARDED them with the title of being "STUPID".

Do 'you', adult human beings, ever really just STOP and consider the consequences from some of the things that you ALL do?

Laughing AT a human being because they were doing something REALLY STUPID, and then they 'accidentally' died from doing that, is one thing. But laughing AT your fellow human being because they did not want to SUFFER anymore and could NOT handle just wanting to live anymore in this 'world', SHOWS just how callous and cruel human beings have Truly become.

What makes this even the more worse is that when 'you', adult human beings, are laughing AT these people and behaving like this 'you' are teaching your children that it is PERFECTLY FINE and ACCEPTABLE to laugh AT and RIDICULE people, even when they are "on their last legs" or "at the end of their tether" and have even killed themselves.

If 'you' are going to "reward people for 'eliminating themselves", then no wonder more and more people commit suicide every year.

And also, if you are going to ridicule people for doing 'stupid things', which EVERY one does anyway, then no wonder more and more people are going to WANT to commit suicide every year.

Laughing WITH each other at the stupid things we ALL do is one thing. But laughing AT, and RIDICULING, people for the stupid things that they do is ANOTHER 'thing', which the consequences of this mis/behavior should be OBVIOUS, by now, in the days of when this is being written.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:12 am
Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:53 pm

LOL Okay.

LOL Okay.

Look, if you empathize with abhorrent criminals, that's fine. I don't.
I empathize with human beings, and with ALL of them.

You OBVIOUS do NOT.

This is fine, and TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE, especially considering who and what 'you' ARE.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:12 am I've already told you that I empathize with everyone except abhorrent criminals so don't try to guilt me into believing that I cause people to kill themsleves. What an utterly DEPRAVED thing to tell an honest law-abiding person, "you cause people to kill themselves".
LOL And the absolute IGNORANCE is BLINDING.

Also, did you FORGET that that HUMAN BEING, which we have been talking about, only became a, so called, "abhorrent criminal", ONLY AFTER the FACT that that one WAS DEAD.

Therefore, according to YOUR OWN, so called, "logic", you were EMPATHIZING with that one up to when they did the, so called, "abhorrent criminal act" and they had ALREADY killed them 'self'. So, what does that make 'you'?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:31 am BTW, speaking of reaping what you sow. You'll notice that I was civil with you up until you started accusing me of not empathizing with people because they commit suicide. See below:

Age wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:04 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:00 am

I'm not 100% sure. As far as I know, it generally refers to people who just take themselves out of the gene pool doing really stupid stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards
I stand corrected. There is nothing in there about one's dying accidentally via an 'act of stupidity'.

But, in recognizing and saying this, I would NOT say nor suggest that one just committing 'suicide', which some would classify are ALL 'acts of stupidity' is an 'act of stupidity' at all. That is; I found that if one does not want to live anymore, then it would be far more an 'act of stupidity' to just keep living. However, in saying this, the Truly sad and unfortunate Truth that ANY human being does not want to live ANY more is a HUGE blight on human society, itself.

If adult human beings have created a 'world' in which some human beings do not want to live in it anymore, then this is an OBVIOUS SIGN that something NEEDS to be changed. Therefore, the True 'act of STUPIDITY' here is what is 'it', which you adult human beings are doing, that is causing some of your OWN fellow beings to want to commit suicide so as to not have to bear living with in this human created 'world' anymore?

From what I have observed, laughing AT people and ridiculing them causes them to feel 'left out' and 'alone'. And, what is Truly STUPID and Truly SAD here is that there are some people who feel so ALONE and feel that there is absolutely NO hope anymore, that they would prefer to die all the while feeling that they could not be listened to or could not be heard by anyone. They have obviously felt so alone that they could not turn to absolutely ANY one else. So, they have preferred to kill themselves and be dead rather than to live in this one and only Life, alone.

And what makes this even more sad and depressing is that 'you', human beings have made up some, so called, "prize" for these VERY SAD and LONELY people, and have REWARDED them with the title of being "STUPID".

Do 'you', adult human beings, ever really just STOP and consider the consequences from some of the things that you ALL do?

Laughing AT a human being because they were doing something REALLY STUPID, and then they 'accidentally' died from doing that, is one thing. But laughing AT your fellow human being because they did not want to SUFFER anymore and could NOT handle just wanting to live anymore in this 'world', SHOWS just how callous and cruel human beings have Truly become.

What makes this even the more worse is that when 'you', adult human beings, are laughing AT these people and behaving like this 'you' are teaching your children that it is PERFECTLY FINE and ACCEPTABLE to laugh AT and RIDICULE people, even when they are "on their last legs" or "at the end of their tether" and have even killed themselves.

If 'you' are going to "reward people for 'eliminating themselves", then no wonder more and more people commit suicide every year.

And also, if you are going to ridicule people for doing 'stupid things', which EVERY one does anyway, then no wonder more and more people are going to WANT to commit suicide every year.

Laughing WITH each other at the stupid things we ALL do is one thing. But laughing AT, and RIDICULING, people for the stupid things that they do is ANOTHER 'thing', which the consequences of this mis/behavior should be OBVIOUS, by now, in the days of when this is being written.
You were the ONE who said you do NOT empathize with human beings who commit suicide by blowing themselves up.

Also, we are in a philosophy forum discussing things through written words ONLY. If you are, so called, "civil" or "not civil" is of ABSOLUTELY NO concern AT ALL, well to me anyway.

What the actual words REFER TO and MEAN is what Truly CONCERNS me here, in a philosophy forum.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

So he doubles down... :roll:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:26 am
You were the ONE who said you do NOT empathize with human beings who commit suicide by blowing themselves up.
Where did I say I don't empathize with any human beings who blow themselves up?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Just to be clear, I don't empathize with abhorrent criminals like this guy who decided to commit suicide in a way that would endanger the lives of others in the process. I don't empathize with abhorrent criminals. You seem hell-bent on blaming me for all these problems you perceive. Why is that? :?:

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:33 am
WHY did you add the 'any' word here for?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:36 am Just to be clear, I don't empathize with abhorrent criminals like this guy who decided to commit suicide in a way that would endanger the lives of others in the process. I don't empathize with abhorrent criminals. You seem hell-bent on blaming me for all these problems you perceive. Why is that? :?:
When did that one become a, so called, "criminal"?

Did you REALLY NOT UNDERSTAND what I was getting to, pointing out, and highlighting in regards to this?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:42 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:33 am
WHY did you add the 'any' word here for?
Because it's a critical word in understanding my position. I don't empathize with people who commit abhorrent crimes. Whether they commit suicide in the process of doing it is not important. I do empathize with people who struggle with life and are having a difficult time. If someone blows themselves up out in the middle of nowhere without endangering lives, then I feel for them. Suicide is a difficult decision to grapple with. But if they cross the line and do something vile, then I no longer empathize with them.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.