Bomb Blast in Nashville Christmas Day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Bomb Blast in Nashville Christmas Day

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:43 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:36 am Just to be clear, I don't empathize with abhorrent criminals like this guy who decided to commit suicide in a way that would endanger the lives of others in the process. I don't empathize with abhorrent criminals. You seem hell-bent on blaming me for all these problems you perceive. Why is that? :?:
When did that one become a, so called, "criminal"?

Did you REALLY NOT UNDERSTAND what I was getting to, pointing out, and highlighting in regards to this?
He became criminal when he decided to commit suicide in a way that would endanger others. It's really that simple.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I mean, I apologize if this is all a misunderstanding and that I am part to blame. But acts like what this guy did piss me off. They tend to freak ordinary people out and make those of us who have mental illnesses (I have bipolar disorder) look like we're a problem to society. I tend to want to disown those who commit abhorrent criminal acts. Note, however, all unlawful crimes are not abhorrent. If it's somebody stealing bread to feed their family, then, no, I don't blame them. But blowing himself up in a way that could take others with him is not a necessity for living. Far from it. and therefore doing it in a way that would potentially harm others and endanger their lives is an abhorrent crime to me.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:42 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:33 am

Where did I say I don't empathize with any human beings who blow themselves up?
WHY did you add the 'any' word here for?
Because it's a critical word in understanding my position.
But what you wrote CHANGED my position.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am I don't empathize with people who commit abhorrent crimes.
From what I have observed and ascertained is that it appears, to me, you use the 'empathy' word as though it means something very similar to the 'sympathy' word.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am Whether they commit suicide in the process of doing it is not important.
Ah, well this Truly CHANGES EVERY thing now.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am I do empathize with people who struggle with life and are having a difficult time.
Okay. And here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of WHY some people who "struggle with life and have such a difficult time" resort to committing suicide'.

A very huge part of WHY some human beings would prefer to kill themselves, rather than live in this human constructed 'world' is because of the VERY BEHAVIOR that you are SHOWING here "gary childress".
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am If someone blows themselves up out in the middle of nowhere without endangering lives, then I feel for them. Suicide is a difficult decision to grapple with. But if they cross the line and do something vile, then I no longer empathize with them.
Okay. So, once again, you empathize with a human being, but only up until they do what you JUDGE and CLASS as being "vile" or "abhorrent".

Some would question with you WHY you would do such a thing as empathize with these people up until they commit vile and abhorrent criminal offences?

Some even perceive that you are helping and supporting these people to do such vile and abhorrent criminal acts.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:48 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:36 am Just to be clear, I don't empathize with abhorrent criminals like this guy who decided to commit suicide in a way that would endanger the lives of others in the process. I don't empathize with abhorrent criminals. You seem hell-bent on blaming me for all these problems you perceive. Why is that? :?:

Did you REALLY NOT UNDERSTAND what I was getting to, pointing out, and highlighting in regards to this?
He became criminal when he decided to commit suicide in a way that would endanger others. It's really that simple.
But it took you quite some time to get HERE.

Now, from the time that human being decided to commit suicide up until they did it, you were saying that you were empathizing with them all this time.

Also, when a human being decides to commit suicide in a way that they make a recording to warn others to get out of the way of danger, then are they a criminal or a they a considerate and thoughtful human being?

They were, after all, obviously thinking of others BEFORE them 'self'?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:50 am

Now, from the time that human being decided to commit suicide up until they did it, you were saying that you were empathizing with them all this time.

Also, when a human being decides to commit suicide in a way that they make a recording to warn others to get out of the way of danger, then are they a criminal or a they a considerate and thoughtful human being?

Still reckless. He should know better. I'm sorry. I do not empathize with him.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:47 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:42 am

WHY did you add the 'any' word here for?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am I don't empathize with people who commit abhorrent crimes.
From what I have observed and ascertained is that it appears, to me, you use the 'empathy' word as though it means something very similar to the 'sympathy' word.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am Whether they commit suicide in the process of doing it is not important.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am I do empathize with people who struggle with life and are having a difficult time.
Okay. And here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of WHY some people who "struggle with life and have such a difficult time" resort to committing suicide'.

A very huge part of WHY some human beings would prefer to kill themselves, rather than live in this human constructed 'world' is because of the VERY BEHAVIOR that you are SHOWING here "gary childress".
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am If someone blows themselves up out in the middle of nowhere without endangering lives, then I feel for them. Suicide is a difficult decision to grapple with. But if they cross the line and do something vile, then I no longer empathize with them.
Okay. So, once again, you empathize with a human being, but only up until they do what you JUDGE and CLASS as being "vile" or "abhorrent".

Some would question with you WHY you would do such a thing as empathize with these people up until they commit vile and abhorrent criminal offences?

Some even perceive that you are helping and supporting these people to do such vile and abhorrent criminal acts.
Again, I've tried being nice but you come back with absurd accusations against me. I give up. I really do.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:55 am

WHEN?

BEFORE the, so called, "reckless" behavior, or AFTER the, so called, "reckless" behavior?

If it is AFTER, then this one is ALREADY DEAD.

But, if it is BEFORE, then WHEN BEFORE?

A minute BEFORE the 'action'? An hour BEFORE the 'action'? A week BEFORE, a year BEFORE? When they were a child? At infancy? At birth?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:58 am

Again, I've tried being nice but you come back with absurd accusations against me. I give up. I really do.
Okay.

By the way, are they REALLY "absurd" or are they accusations that you REALLY do NOT want to LOOK AT and DISCUSS?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:08 am

WHEN?

BEFORE the, so called, "reckless" behavior, or AFTER the, so called, "reckless" behavior?

A minute BEFORE the 'action'? An hour BEFORE the 'action'? A week BEFORE, a year BEFORE? When they were a child? At infancy? At birth?
When he decided to do what he did. It obviously took a great deal of preparation and premeditation. At that point, I don't empathize with him anymore. People get rightly worried when some people do stuff like that and I will not condone it...at all.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:09 am

Okay.

By the way, are they REALLY "absurd" or are they accusations that you REALLY do NOT want to LOOK AT and DISCUSS?
If someone commits suicide because I don't like people that do heinous acts, then I'm sorry. It's like saying someone may have committed suicide because you said they made others want to commit suicide. How would you like that? Would you change your outlook?

If someone commits suicide for some absurd reason, then I wish they hadn't but I'm not going to feel guilty about it.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:11 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:08 am

WHEN?

When he decided to do what he did. It obviously took a great deal of preparation and premeditation. At that point, I don't empathize with him anymore. People get rightly worried when some people do stuff like that and I will not condone it...at all.
There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that definition of 'empathizing', which you PROVIDED, says ANY thing about 'condoning'.

By the way, WITHOUT empathy how could you or ANY one else KNOW when a person decides to do what they intend to do?

In other words, when do you KNOW when to start and when to STOP 'empathizing' with OTHER human beings?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:22 am In other words, when do you KNOW when to start and when to STOP 'empathizing' with OTHER human beings?
When they do heinous acts is when I know to stop empathizing with them.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:09 am

Okay.

If someone commits suicide because I don't like people that do heinous acts, then I'm sorry.
LOL I do NOT thinks ANY one decides or even does commit suicide just because "gary childress" does or does NOT like some action.

I think you will find the reason WHY some human beings want to commit suicide and do commit suicide goes far DEEPER than this.

In fact is is because of YOUR OWN "actions" WHY some people want to and do commit suicide.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am It's like saying someone may have committed suicide because you said they made others want to commit suicide.
It would only be like this if you first statement and claim had ANY truth to it.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am How would you like that?
I would NEITHER like NOR dislike that.

I would just take as the absurd, ridiculous, and DETRACTING comment that it ACTUALLY IS.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am Would you change your outlook?
EVERY thing in a sense does change one's outlook.

EXACTLY how and what to, is some thing else we could DELVE into. If ANY one's to.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am If someone commits suicide for some absurd reason, then I wish they hadn't but I'm not going to feel guilty about it.
And what happens if someone commits suicide for a good reason, then are you going to feel guilty about it?

Or, whatever if human beings are committing suicide for the perfectly acceptable reason that they do, which is partly caused by some of the behaviors that you ACTUALLY DO?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:23 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:22 am In other words, when do you KNOW when to start and when to STOP 'empathizing' with OTHER human beings?
So, BEFORE it was when they DECIDED TO what you call "heinous acts", but NOW it is when they actual DO IT, when you "know" to stop empathizing with them.

Okay.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:35 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:23 am
So, BEFORE it was when they DECIDED TO what you call "heinous acts", but NOW it is when they actual DO IT, when you "know" to stop empathizing with them.

Okay.
I said that's when I know. I can't read minds but when his mind decided to do that before the fact, is when I would stop empathizing with him if I became aware of his plan.