Bomb Blast in Nashville Christmas Day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Bomb Blast in Nashville Christmas Day

Post by Gary Childress »

Apparently, it's pick on Gary day. But whatever.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:27 am Apparently, it's pick on Gary day. But whatever.
don't worry about veg, she's just on one of her regular anti-'murican tears
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:42 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:33 am

Where did I say I don't empathize with any human beings who blow themselves up?
WHY did you add the 'any' word here for?
Because it's a critical word in understanding my position. I don't empathize with people who commit abhorrent crimes. Whether they commit suicide in the process of doing it is not important. I do empathize with people who struggle with life and are having a difficult time. If someone blows themselves up out in the middle of nowhere without endangering lives, then I feel for them. Suicide is a difficult decision to grapple with. But if they cross the line and do something vile, then I no longer empathize with them.
Gary, I don’t doubt your empathy for human beings who are not abhorrent criminals.

As regards the suicide being referenced here, I would certainly agree that the destruction of property and the injuries incurred by 3 people were crimes. Suicide is also a crime in its own right.

But why did the perpetrator decide to warn people of the impending danger? This is not the action of an abhorrent criminal. This is the action of someone who has concern for the safety of bystanders.

Not being able to know the mind of the bomber, I allow that this person was a tormented individual who tragically ended his life in dramatic fashion but not without consideration of the innocents around him.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:58 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:42 am

WHY did you add the 'any' word here for?
Because it's a critical word in understanding my position. I don't empathize with people who commit abhorrent crimes. Whether they commit suicide in the process of doing it is not important. I do empathize with people who struggle with life and are having a difficult time. If someone blows themselves up out in the middle of nowhere without endangering lives, then I feel for them. Suicide is a difficult decision to grapple with. But if they cross the line and do something vile, then I no longer empathize with them.
Gary, I don’t doubt your empathy for human beings who are not abhorrent criminals.

As regards the suicide being referenced here, I would certainly agree that the destruction of property and the injuries incurred by 3 people were crimes. Suicide is also a crime in its own right.

But why did the perpetrator decide to warn people of the impending danger? This is not the action of an abhorrent criminal. This is the action of someone who has concern for the safety of bystanders.

Not being able to know the mind of the bomber, I allow that this person was a tormented individual who tragically ended his life in dramatic fashion but not without consideration of the innocents around him.
He may have been a tormented individual, however, I see no excuse in such an irresponsible action. He endangered others and wrought a considerable amount of destruction, knocking out phone services for almost the entire state, including emergency services. It's not the sort of behavior that society can sustain itself on and so I see no reason to condone it or even feel pity for such an individual.

I myself have had suicidal ideations before and am diagnosed bipolar with psychotic features. I recently found out a good friend of mine back home took his own life. He didn't blow up a city block in the process. I still mourn his passing. I don't have to empathize with one irresponsible dumbass to know that suicide is very real and very tragic. To me the Nashville bomber just makes the rest of us with mental illnesses look like we're a problem for society. Stuff like that irks me.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

But those of us who have a mental illness are a problem for society, not just because suicide can harm more than the perpetrator, but because of our disturbed judgment and our erratic behavior.

Do you think this fellow should have killed himself in a vacant field or at home with a gun or rope?

What kind of problem do you think this guy was for society—a clinical one, a criminal one, both, or something else?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:33 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am

If someone commits suicide because I don't like people that do heinous acts, then I'm sorry.
LOL I do NOT thinks ANY one decides or even does commit suicide just because "gary childress" does or does NOT like some action.

I think you will find the reason WHY some human beings want to commit suicide and do commit suicide goes far DEEPER than this.

In fact is is because of YOUR OWN "actions" WHY some people want to and do commit suicide.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am It's like saying someone may have committed suicide because you said they made others want to commit suicide.
It would only be like this if you first statement and claim had ANY truth to it.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am How would you like that?
I would NEITHER like NOR dislike that.

I would just take as the absurd, ridiculous, and DETRACTING comment that it ACTUALLY IS.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am Would you change your outlook?
EVERY thing in a sense does change one's outlook.

EXACTLY how and what to, is some thing else we could DELVE into. If ANY one's to.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am If someone commits suicide for some absurd reason, then I wish they hadn't but I'm not going to feel guilty about it.
And what happens if someone commits suicide for a good reason, then are you going to feel guilty about it?

Or, whatever if human beings are committing suicide for the perfectly acceptable reason that they do, which is partly caused by some of the behaviors that you ACTUALLY DO?
Oh. Fuck off. You've spent a considerable part of this conversation trying to blame me for why people commit suicide.
If that is what you are seeing, then you are NOT reading, thee actual words that I am writing.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am Do I need to show you your quotes.
If you want to make CLAIMS, then I suggest you do SHOW my quotes WHERE you BELIEVE I am saying such CLAIMS.

That way then we can SEE what you are SEEING, and then I can SHOW WHERE and WHY what you are "seeing" is WRONG. So, until you do SHOW my quotes, then ALL this WRONG ASSUMING and SEEING is ALL happening within 'you'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am I've also made it clear now why I don't empathize with people who do heinous things.
And, you NON responses to some of my clarifying questions SHOWS that you are NOT ACTUALLY able to KNOW when to just STOP empathizing with others.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am And you're still feeding me shit.
If that is what you call highlighting and pointing out Truths, then so be it.

But what is CLEAR is if someone sees 'just being told Truths' as "being fed shit", then, OBVIOUSLY, they will NOT SERIOUSLY LOOK AT what is being 'fed' to them.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am Do you seriously believe that anyone is going to commit suicide because I wouldn't empathize with them if they do something heinous--any more than your telling someone they make others commit suicide might make them commit suicide. Or is this special pleading day now?
I do NOT believe ANY thing (except of course for the One thing only that I have expressed previously). So, I OBVIOUSLY do NOT "seriously believe" what you said and are 'trying to' claim here.

Now. I have NOT even said NOR even suggested ANY thing like you are 'trying to' say and claim, SO, I do NOT even think it, let alone believe it.

When, and if, you learn to read what I ACTUALLY WRITE, then you MIGHT learn how to UNDERSTAND what I am ACTUALLY SAYING and am ACTUALLY MEANING.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:51 am age, help me out here

some guy, let's call him joe, eats drano...he lost his job, his wife left him, he has ass cancer, whatever...he's decided life ain't worth livin' and he eats drano, and dies

gary doesn't know joe, has never laid eyes on joe...you really don't mean to say gary is somehow responsible for joe offin' himself, right?
This IS RIGHT.

I would NEVER say, and have NEVER MEANT to say, that one human being labeled "gary" here is nor would be somehow responsible for that human being labeled "joe", here, for killing them 'self'. Especially considering in the example they do NOT even know of each other. In fact if I recall correctly, I have NEVER even said ANY thing that would even imply what you are asking here. But I might be WRONG, and stand to be CORRECTED, if I have written ANY thing like that.

My ACTUAL words are written CLEARLY in previous posts, so if ANY one wants to SHOW PROOF countering what I just said here, then please feel absolutely FREE to bring it forward so that we can LOOK AT 'it', and then DISCUSS 'it'.

I OBVIOUSLY may have written INCORRECTLY and may have said some thing that I did NOT actually MEAN, but until those words are literally brought FORWARD, then I do NOT know WHY the one labeled "gary childress" here is thinking, assuming, or believing and saying and claiming what they are here.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:56 am He seems to be saying that because I don't empathize with the Nashville bomber, my attitude is what makes people commit suicide.
Thank you for using the right and correct word 'seems' here.

This maybe what it SEEMS to you, but this is NOT what I am saying.

So, I could now tell you what I am ACTUALLY SAYING. But I much prefer to WAIT for you to bring forward my previously written ACTUAL WORDS to SEE exactly WHY what you say here SEEMS to be what I said, to you.

When, and IF, you SHOW 'us' my INCORRECTLY WRITTEN WORDS, then I am ABLE to SEE WHERE and HOW I NEED to change the way I write, so that I can be better understood, by 'you', human beings.

The BEST way for 'me' to learn how to communicate better is by 'you' SHOWING 'me' WHERE and WHY my ACTUAL WORDS give 'you' the WRONG IMPRESSION.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:04 pm But those of us who have a mental illness are a problem for society, not just because suicide can harm more than the perpetrator, but because of our disturbed judgment and our erratic behavior.

Do you think this fellow should have killed himself in a vacant field or at home with a gun or rope?

What kind of problem do you think this guy was for society—a clinical one, a criminal one, both, or something else?
Not sure Y U R bothered by this. G N_ASH_V_ILL_e

We R in a 'virtual' world under the ultimate control of God. He is avin anuva larf with this one.

(of course, I must be mentally ill to consider such a thing! :D ) Get Heave_N

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:01 am I basically told him my attitude causing someone to commit suicide is as absurd as him telling someone that they make people commit suicide might make someone commit suicide.
When you are THINKING the way you are here, then WHAT you are THINKING is OBVIOUSLY 'absurd'. But WHAT you are THINKING is NOT what I have been SAYING, nor MEANING.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:01 am To which he is special pleading that his behavior is substantially different than mine.
Considering that the first part was WRONG, then this could mean that this part is WRONG as well.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:01 am I've already said that I empathize with people who have it difficult in life and that suicide is a difficult thing to grapple with. But that I don't empathize with someone who does something endangering the lives of countless (sorry, many) others. No idea what I'm supposed to say at this point.
I suggest STOP saying/speaking, and just START LOOKING and LISTENING, to the ACTUAL WORDS that are ACTUALLY BEING WRITTEN, and SAID.

One and a very huge reason WHY human beings commit suicide in all of the different ways that they do is because they are NOT being LISTENED to, and being HEARD.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:06 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:56 am He seems to be saying that because I don't empathize with the Nashville bomber, my attitude is what makes people commit suicide.
yeah, that's what it sounds like age is sayin'
I am NOT sure EXACTLY WAY what I have ACTUALLY SAID 'sounds' ANY thing like that way to 'you' two. But, maybe either or both of you will let 'me' AND "others" KNOW.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:06 am but that's flat-out crazy talk
CERTAINLY IS. I am so GLAD that I NEVER talked like that.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:06 am I want age to explain it to me
Did I, EXPLAIN 'it' in that previous post?

Also, IF ANY one REALLY wants 'it' explained to them, then I suggest that they make what 'it' ACTUALLY IS, absolutely CLEAR and KNOWN.

As has been CLEARLY EVIDENCED and PROVEN already now, what is ACTUALLY SAID and ACTUALLY CLEARLY WRITTEN can be MIS/INTERPRETED, and in so many different ways. So, unless what 'it' IS, is being CLEARLY EXPLAINED, then what 'it' IS is ACTUALLY ONLY being ASSUMED, which obviously could be WRONG and which can lead to MISINTERPRETATION all to EASILY and VERY SIMPLY.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:17 am
henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:51 am age, help me out here

some guy, let's call him joe, eats drano...he lost his job, his wife left him, he has ass cancer, whatever...he's decided life ain't worth livin' and he eats drano, and dies

gary doesn't know joe, has never laid eyes on joe...you really don't mean to say gary is somehow responsible for joe offin' himself, right?
This IS RIGHT.

I would NEVER say, and have NEVER MEANT to say, that one human being labeled "gary" here is nor would be somehow responsible for that human being labeled "joe", here, for killing them 'self'. Especially considering in the example they do NOT even know of each other. In fact if I recall correctly, I have NEVER even said ANY thing that would even imply what you are asking here. But I might be WRONG, and stand to be CORRECTED, if I have written ANY thing like that.

My ACTUAL words are written CLEARLY in previous posts, so if ANY one wants to SHOW PROOF countering what I just said here, then please feel absolutely FREE to bring it forward so that we can LOOK AT 'it', and then DISCUSS 'it'.

I OBVIOUSLY may have written INCORRECTLY and may have said some thing that I did NOT actually MEAN, but until those words are literally brought FORWARD, then I do NOT know WHY the one labeled "gary childress" here is thinking, assuming, or believing and saying and claiming what they are here.
I think the idea of you blamin' gary for another suicidin' comes from -- forgive me, age -- the odd way way you write...your posts are hard on the eye, hard to decipher...

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:16 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:03 am
I thought you were the one who claims to be full of empathy and kindness towards your fellow humans...
Not people who knowingly endanger the lives of others for no good reason.
Is broadcasting a message explaining to others to get out of the way, as danger is about to come, actually "endangering" others, and, for no good reason?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:16 am Do you empathize with the Nashville bomber?
You still appear to NOT have comprehended absolutely ANY that I have questioned you about, for CLARITY, in regards to WHEN EXACTLY did you CHOSE to START and to STOP empathizing with a fellow human being, who felt that death would be much better than living is, in this human being created 'life'?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:36 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:16 am

Not people who knowingly endanger the lives of others for no good reason. Do you empathize with the Nashville bomber?
I don't know anything about him. Yanks are always blowing up or shooting each other. Why would I take any interest?
He apparently committed suicide by detonating a bomb that wrecked a city block in downtown Nashville, Tennessee.
From the words that you have been writing so far you appear to be more concerned because some bricks, mortar, and material things got 'wrecked'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:36 am No one was killed (possibly because he played a recording that told people to evacuate) but some were injured nonetheless, including one guy who apparently lost his hearing. Not sure if it's for the rest of his life or not but I don't empathize with that kind of behavior.
Are you still NOT YET aware that 'empathizing' does NOT necessarily involve condoning, agreeing with, and nor supporting AT ALL the behaviors of the "other"?

You still appear to be using a different definition of the word 'empathize' from the one that 'you', "gary childress", provided here.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:49 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:36 am

He apparently committed suicide by detonating a bomb that wrecked a city block in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. No one was killed (possibly because he played a recording that told people to evacuate) but some were injured nonetheless, including one guy who apparently lost his hearing. Not sure if it's for the rest of his life or not but I don't empathize with that kind of behavior.
Nice of him to tell people to evacuate. So, you only have 'empathy' for old farts in care facilities then? That's not empathy. Empathy isn't a choice. You either have it or you don't.
I don't understand someone who does something like that (endangers others like that), I'm not sensitive to those kinds of feelings and I don't share those kinds of feelings. So I don't empathize with him, no. Why should I?
Maybe WHEN you change YOUR OWN DEFINITION for the word 'empathize', then you will UNDERSTAND MORE.

Also, one reason your fellow human beings do some 'things' like 'that' is because they do NOT YET feel 'UNDERSTOOD'. So, again, the mis/behavior you are SHOWING here, that is; 'NOT understanding' "others", is contributes to some human beings doing the VERY 'things', which you DETEST and will not even try to UNDERSTAND.