Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Bomb Blast in Nashville Christmas Day

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:33 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:09 am

Okay.

By the way, are they REALLY "absurd" or are they accusations that you REALLY do NOT want to LOOK AT and DISCUSS?
If someone commits suicide because I don't like people that do heinous acts, then I'm sorry.
LOL I do NOT thinks ANY one decides or even does commit suicide just because "gary childress" does or does NOT like some action.

I think you will find the reason WHY some human beings want to commit suicide and do commit suicide goes far DEEPER than this.

In fact is is because of YOUR OWN "actions" WHY some people want to and do commit suicide.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am It's like saying someone may have committed suicide because you said they made others want to commit suicide.
It would only be like this if you first statement and claim had ANY truth to it.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am How would you like that?
I would NEITHER like NOR dislike that.

I would just take as the absurd, ridiculous, and DETRACTING comment that it ACTUALLY IS.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am Would you change your outlook?
EVERY thing in a sense does change one's outlook.

EXACTLY how and what to, is some thing else we could DELVE into. If ANY one's to.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 am If someone commits suicide for some absurd reason, then I wish they hadn't but I'm not going to feel guilty about it.
And what happens if someone commits suicide for a good reason, then are you going to feel guilty about it?

Or, whatever if human beings are committing suicide for the perfectly acceptable reason that they do, which is partly caused by some of the behaviors that you ACTUALLY DO?
Oh. Fuck off. You've spent a considerable part of this conversation trying to blame me for why people commit suicide. Do I need to show you your quotes. I've also made it clear now why I don't empathize with people who do heinous things. And you're still feeding me shit. Do you seriously believe that anyone is going to commit suicide because I wouldn't empathize with them if they do something heinous--any more than your telling someone they make others commit suicide might make them commit suicide. Or is this special pleading day now?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

age, help me out here

some guy, let's call him joe, eats drano...he lost his job, his wife left him, he has ass cancer, whatever...he's decided life ain't worth livin' and he eats drano, and dies

gary doesn't know joe, has never laid eyes on joe...you really don't mean to say gary is somehow responsible for joe offin' himself, right?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

He seems to be saying that because I don't empathize with the Nashville bomber, my attitude is what makes people commit suicide.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I basically told him my attitude causing someone to commit suicide is as absurd as him telling someone that they make people commit suicide might make someone commit suicide. To which he is special pleading that his behavior is substantially different than mine. I've already said that I empathize with people who have it difficult in life and that suicide is a difficult thing to grapple with. But that I don't empathize with someone who does something endangering the lives of countless (sorry, many) others. No idea what I'm supposed to say at this point.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

OH wait. I think this might be where I get on my knees and beg Age to forgive me. Sorry, Age. Mean it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:56 am He seems to be saying that because I don't empathize with the Nashville bomber, my attitude is what makes people commit suicide.
yeah, that's what it sounds like age is sayin'

but that's flat-out crazy talk

I want age to explain it to me
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:06 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:56 am He seems to be saying that because I don't empathize with the Nashville bomber, my attitude is what makes people commit suicide.
yeah, that's what it sounds like age is sayin'

but that's flat-out crazy talk

I want age to explain it to me
Good luck. I'm pretty much finished with him.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I thought you were the one who claims to be full of empathy and kindness towards your fellow humans...
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:03 am
I thought you were the one who claims to be full of empathy and kindness towards your fellow humans...
Not people who knowingly endanger the lives of others for no good reason. Do you empathize with the Nashville bomber?
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:16 am
Not people who knowingly endanger the lives of others for no good reason. Do you empathize with the Nashville bomber?
I don't know anything about him. Yanks are always blowing up or shooting each other. Why would I take any interest?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 am

I don't know anything about him. Yanks are always blowing up or shooting each other. Why would I take any interest?
He apparently committed suicide by detonating a bomb that wrecked a city block in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. No one was killed (possibly because he played a recording that told people to evacuate) but some were injured nonetheless, including one guy who apparently lost his hearing. Not sure if it's for the rest of his life or not but I don't empathize with that kind of behavior.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:36 am

He apparently committed suicide by detonating a bomb that wrecked a city block in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. No one was killed (possibly because he played a recording that told people to evacuate) but some were injured nonetheless, including one guy who apparently lost his hearing. Not sure if it's for the rest of his life or not but I don't empathize with that kind of behavior.
Nice of him to tell people to evacuate. So, you only have 'empathy' for old farts in care facilities then? That's not empathy. Empathy isn't a choice. You either have it or you don't.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 am

Nice of him to tell people to evacuate. So, you only have 'empathy' for old farts in care facilities then? That's not empathy. Empathy isn't a choice. You either have it or you don't.
I don't understand someone who does something like that (endangers others like that), I'm not sensitive to those kinds of feelings and I don't share those kinds of feelings. So I don't empathize with him, no. Why should I?
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:49 am

I don't understand someone who does something like that (endangers others like that), I'm not sensitive to those kinds of feelings and I don't share those kinds of feelings. So I don't empathize with him, no. Why should I?
FFS. Your comprehension seems to be very limited so I think I've wasted enough energy on you.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:09 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:49 am

FFS. Your comprehension seems to be very limited so I think I've wasted enough energy on you.
What am I not comprehending?