Bomb Blast in Nashville Christmas Day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Bomb Blast in Nashville Christmas Day

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:09 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:09 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:49 am

I don't understand someone who does something like that (endangers others like that), I'm not sensitive to those kinds of feelings and I don't share those kinds of feelings. So I don't empathize with him, no. Why should I?
FFS. Your comprehension seems to be very limited so I think I've wasted enough energy on you.
What am I not comprehending?
That EMPATHIZING with "others" NEVER means condoning, accepting, agreeing with, nor supporting some of the behaviors that they do or that they want to do.

'Empathizing' , itself, figuratively speaking, just means "putting oneself into the shoes of "others", and, literally, MEANS just seeing things from 'their' perspective, which just MEANS UNDERSTANDING the thoughts AND internal feelings of them, which can ONLY be Truly ascertained without ABSOLUTELY ANY preconceived view and ideas, nor ANY judgments, AT ALL.

If the reason WHY some human beings feel like NOT wanting to live in this 'life' anymore is because they do not feel FULLY understood, then you behavior of NOT YET have gained understanding, itself, of "others", then IS what is helping contribute to the SO MANY human beings wanting to take or end their own lives.

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:58 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:42 am

WHY did you add the 'any' word here for?
Because it's a critical word in understanding my position. I don't empathize with people who commit abhorrent crimes. Whether they commit suicide in the process of doing it is not important. I do empathize with people who struggle with life and are having a difficult time. If someone blows themselves up out in the middle of nowhere without endangering lives, then I feel for them. Suicide is a difficult decision to grapple with. But if they cross the line and do something vile, then I no longer empathize with them.
Gary, I don’t doubt your empathy for human beings who are not abhorrent criminals.

As regards the suicide being referenced here, I would certainly agree that the destruction of property and the injuries incurred by 3 people were crimes. Suicide is also a crime in its own right.

But why did the perpetrator decide to warn people of the impending danger? This is not the action of an abhorrent criminal. This is the action of someone who has concern for the safety of bystanders.

Not being able to know the mind of the bomber, I allow that this person was a tormented individual who tragically ended his life in dramatic fashion but not without consideration of the innocents around him.
Not being able to know the (incorrectly worded) "mind", of the, so called, "bomber" is only the case AFTER that human being is not around anymore. However, and obviously, BEFORE a human being takes their own life and/or the lives of "others", then the thoughts AND internal feelings within ANY and EVERY human body is able to be KNOWN. Only through 'empathy' these thoughts AND emotions in "others" can become KNOWN. And, True 'empathy', that is; having the ability to FULLY UNDERSTAND "another", can only take place from a completely Truly OPEN, and thus NON judgmental, perspective.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:58 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am

Because it's a critical word in understanding my position. I don't empathize with people who commit abhorrent crimes. Whether they commit suicide in the process of doing it is not important. I do empathize with people who struggle with life and are having a difficult time. If someone blows themselves up out in the middle of nowhere without endangering lives, then I feel for them. Suicide is a difficult decision to grapple with. But if they cross the line and do something vile, then I no longer empathize with them.
Gary, I don’t doubt your empathy for human beings who are not abhorrent criminals.

As regards the suicide being referenced here, I would certainly agree that the destruction of property and the injuries incurred by 3 people were crimes. Suicide is also a crime in its own right.

But why did the perpetrator decide to warn people of the impending danger? This is not the action of an abhorrent criminal. This is the action of someone who has concern for the safety of bystanders.

Not being able to know the mind of the bomber, I allow that this person was a tormented individual who tragically ended his life in dramatic fashion but not without consideration of the innocents around him.
He may have been a tormented individual, however, I see no excuse in such an irresponsible action.
But there are NO, and there NEVER could ANY, 'excuse' for ANY irresponsible OR wrong behavior. So, you saying that you see "no excuse" is just PLAIN OBVIOUS. If ANY one even 'tried to' suggest that there was AN 'excuse' for ABSOLUTELY ANY WRONG doing, then this would be CLEARLY WRONG, in and of itself.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm He endangered others and wrought a considerable amount of destruction, knocking out phone services for almost the entire state, including emergency services.
And, once again, absolutely NO concern at all that a fellow human being wanted to end their life, for some 'REASON'.

See, although there is NEVER an 'excuse' for ANY wrong doing, there is ALWAYS a 'reason' for ALL doing.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm It's not the sort of behavior that society can sustain itself on and so I see no reason to condone it or even feel pity for such an individual.
LOL ONCE AGAIN, having empathy for another, NEVER involves condoning the WRONG DOING being done or about to be done by ANY one.

Empathy involves gaining the UNDERSTANDING of WHY the "other" wants to do and does do what they do, but NEVER condoning NOR accepting the WRONG, which is done or is about to be done, by ANY one.

Also, you NOT being able to even feel 'pity' for an individual AFTER they have committed this sort of 'behavior' is WHY other human beings will NEVER be FULLY and Truly OPEN with ones like 'you'. So, once again, it is your behavior, like here now, WHY human beings end up wanting to and actual do end their lives and/or the lives of 'others".

And, talking about what a society can and can NOT sustain itself on, then a society can NOT sustain itself on is if there is NO understanding of each other, if people are judging each other, and if people can NOT empathize with each and EVERY one of them.

Would you, or even could you, feel 'pity' for those who have ended up wanting to kill themselves and/or "others" as well?

See, if 'you', adult human beings, ACTUALLY DID feel 'pity', or just 'compassion', for the suffering and misfortune for ALL "others" who want to do WRONG, BEFORE they do WRONG, then 'you' could actually PREVENT, and thus completely STOP, ALL human beings from DOING WRONG, EVER AGAIN.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm I myself have had suicidal ideations before and am diagnosed bipolar with psychotic features.
Okay.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm I recently found out a good friend of mine back home took his own life.
Okay.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm He didn't blow up a city block in the process.
Okay. There are NOT that many members of the human being species that do blow up, so called, "city blocks", so that a, so called, "good friend of yours" did not is really NOT all that note worthy, well to me anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm I still mourn his passing.
WHY did that 'one' take their own life?

And, if you do NOT REALLY KNOW WHY, then could that be an indication or sign that 'you' were REALLY NOT that "good a friend" of 'theirs', after all?

Did that one EXPLAIN to 'you', PRIOR to taking their own life, WHAT they want to do, and WHY they WANTED to do it?

If no, then WHY did they feel that they could NOT explain to you and tell you these things?

What were they FEARING to NOT just be Truly OPEN and Honest with another member of the human being species?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm I don't have to empathize with one irresponsible dumbass to know that suicide is very real and very tragic.
Do you KNOW WHY you would even wonder or even express such a thing as this?

By the way, you do NOT 'have to' do absolutely ANY thing in this 'life'. You CHOOSE what you want to do and what you do NOT want to do.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm To me the Nashville bomber just makes the rest of us with mental illnesses look like we're a problem for society. Stuff like that irks me.
But WHY would 'you' SEE such a thing as this? I NEVER see ANY 'mental illness' a 'problem', AT ALL. But, then again, to 'you' I might NOT be 'one' of the rest of 'us'.

To me, WHY EVERY mental illness exists and WHERE EVERY one of them came from is ALREADY KNOWN, and therefore there is, literally, NO 'problem' at all anywhere here. By the way, EVERY adult human being HAS a mental illness anyway. So, seeing adults as being thee 'problem' for society, itself, might just be a case of an unconscious KNOWING within.

Also, that human being who took their life appears to FINALLY have a NAME for them 'self', as you are NAMING, and have thus NAMED that 'one', - thee "Nashville bomber", who may be known forever more, and who, by the way, WARNED "others" of the IMPENDING DANGER about to come.

Have you ever considered that that 'one' just WANTED what EVERY ONE else does, and that is; to just be KNOWN and ACCEPTED for who they Truly ARE (or WERE as the case may be)?

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:01 am
Age wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:17 am
henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:51 am age, help me out here

some guy, let's call him joe, eats drano...he lost his job, his wife left him, he has ass cancer, whatever...he's decided life ain't worth livin' and he eats drano, and dies

gary doesn't know joe, has never laid eyes on joe...you really don't mean to say gary is somehow responsible for joe offin' himself, right?
This IS RIGHT.

I would NEVER say, and have NEVER MEANT to say, that one human being labeled "gary" here is nor would be somehow responsible for that human being labeled "joe", here, for killing them 'self'. Especially considering in the example they do NOT even know of each other. In fact if I recall correctly, I have NEVER even said ANY thing that would even imply what you are asking here. But I might be WRONG, and stand to be CORRECTED, if I have written ANY thing like that.

My ACTUAL words are written CLEARLY in previous posts, so if ANY one wants to SHOW PROOF countering what I just said here, then please feel absolutely FREE to bring it forward so that we can LOOK AT 'it', and then DISCUSS 'it'.

I OBVIOUSLY may have written INCORRECTLY and may have said some thing that I did NOT actually MEAN, but until those words are literally brought FORWARD, then I do NOT know WHY the one labeled "gary childress" here is thinking, assuming, or believing and saying and claiming what they are here.
I think the idea of you blamin' gary for another suicidin' comes from
But I am NOT 'blaming' the one human being labeled "gary" here for ANY suicide at all?

What I am actually 'saying' is that the 'behavior', which the one labeled "gary" is SHOWING here, which is the EXACT SAME 'behavior', which ALL adult human beings SHOW in varying different levels, is what is contributing to, and thus a 'reason' WHY, some human beings end up wanting to kill themselves.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:01 am -- forgive me, age -- the odd way way you write...your posts are hard on the eye, hard to decipher...
you NEVER have to ask for forgiveness, from 'me', just for expressing a Truly Honest opinion or view. In fact I am seeking out views, I desire them, and 'I' actually thrive on them. So, the MORE Truly Honest and OPEN you are, then the LESS you have to be 'forgiven' for.

And, you are EXACTLY Right and Correct anyway. The way I, purposely, write would and could appear to be VERY ODD INDEED, to 'you' readers in the days of when this is being written. But this is because I am NOT necessarily writing for these people. The audience that I am writing for may well be NOT necessarily the audience that is first ASSUMED.

The reason my posts are "hard on the eye" and/or "hard to decipher", in the days of when this is being written, is because of the INTENDED MESSAGES that lay 'deep' WITHIN 'My words', which are intended to be "hard to SEE" on first glance, but are "STRIKINGLY BRILLIANT, BRIGHT, and SHINING A LIGHT" on deeper and further retro and intro INspection.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:06 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:33 am

LOL I do NOT thinks ANY one decides or even does commit suicide just because "gary childress" does or does NOT like some action.

I think you will find the reason WHY some human beings want to commit suicide and do commit suicide goes far DEEPER than this.

In fact is is because of YOUR OWN "actions" WHY some people want to and do commit suicide.

It would only be like this if you first statement and claim had ANY truth to it.

I would NEITHER like NOR dislike that.

I would just take as the absurd, ridiculous, and DETRACTING comment that it ACTUALLY IS.

EVERY thing in a sense does change one's outlook.

EXACTLY how and what to, is some thing else we could DELVE into. If ANY one's to.

And what happens if someone commits suicide for a good reason, then are you going to feel guilty about it?

Or, whatever if human beings are committing suicide for the perfectly acceptable reason that they do, which is partly caused by some of the behaviors that you ACTUALLY DO?
Oh. Fuck off. You've spent a considerable part of this conversation trying to blame me for why people commit suicide.
If that is what you are seeing, then you are NOT reading, thee actual words that I am writing.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am Do I need to show you your quotes.
If you want to make CLAIMS, then I suggest you do SHOW my quotes WHERE you BELIEVE I am saying such CLAIMS.

That way then we can SEE what you are SEEING, and then I can SHOW WHERE and WHY what you are "seeing" is WRONG. So, until you do SHOW my quotes, then ALL this WRONG ASSUMING and SEEING is ALL happening within 'you'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am I've also made it clear now why I don't empathize with people who do heinous things.
And, you NON responses to some of my clarifying questions SHOWS that you are NOT ACTUALLY able to KNOW when to just STOP empathizing with others.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am And you're still feeding me shit.
If that is what you call highlighting and pointing out Truths, then so be it.

But what is CLEAR is if someone sees 'just being told Truths' as "being fed shit", then, OBVIOUSLY, they will NOT SERIOUSLY LOOK AT what is being 'fed' to them.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am Do you seriously believe that anyone is going to commit suicide because I wouldn't empathize with them if they do something heinous--any more than your telling someone they make others commit suicide might make them commit suicide. Or is this special pleading day now?
I do NOT believe ANY thing (except of course for the One thing only that I have expressed previously). So, I OBVIOUSLY do NOT "seriously believe" what you said and are 'trying to' claim here.

Now. I have NOT even said NOR even suggested ANY thing like you are 'trying to' say and claim, SO, I do NOT even think it, let alone believe it.

When, and if, you learn to read what I ACTUALLY WRITE, then you MIGHT learn how to UNDERSTAND what I am ACTUALLY SAYING and am ACTUALLY MEANING.
OK. Maybe I am misinterpreting what you are saying. I apologize if I am. I took the following to be one example of where you are blaming me for people committing suicide:
What can ALSO be CLEARLY SEEN here is that it is ABHORRENTLY HORRIBLE and EXTREMELY JUDGMENTAL PEOPLE like 'YOU', "gary childress", WHY some other human beings do NOT want to continue living in this ABHORRENTLY HORRIBLE human being created 'world', ANYMORE.

It is because of people like 'you', "gary childress", and your COMPLETE lack of empathy and understanding, WHY some human beings end up wanting to kill themselves and others and WHY adults keep doing the wrong that they do.

In other words, it is because of your abhorrent WRONG behaviors that this 'world' is the way it is.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

In any case, since you say you are not blaming me for people committing suicide, then I apologize for my misunderstanding. Perhaps my mood wasn't very stable when we were discussing this. And perhaps I am misunderstanding what is meant by 'empathy'. Perhaps I don't have empathy at all or perhaps I do have empathy for the Nashville bomber. I don't think I could ever bring myself to detonate a bomb in a way that would put others in danger like that. And it makes me angry when some people do stuff like that. But I never do anything more than ridicule such behavior in order to communicate disapproval toward any other would be bombers. But maybe I shouldn't do that. Maybe I should be more understanding and kind.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:50 am
Age wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:06 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am

Oh. Fuck off. You've spent a considerable part of this conversation trying to blame me for why people commit suicide.
If that is what you are seeing, then you are NOT reading, thee actual words that I am writing.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am Do I need to show you your quotes.
If you want to make CLAIMS, then I suggest you do SHOW my quotes WHERE you BELIEVE I am saying such CLAIMS.

That way then we can SEE what you are SEEING, and then I can SHOW WHERE and WHY what you are "seeing" is WRONG. So, until you do SHOW my quotes, then ALL this WRONG ASSUMING and SEEING is ALL happening within 'you'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am I've also made it clear now why I don't empathize with people who do heinous things.
And, you NON responses to some of my clarifying questions SHOWS that you are NOT ACTUALLY able to KNOW when to just STOP empathizing with others.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am And you're still feeding me shit.
If that is what you call highlighting and pointing out Truths, then so be it.

But what is CLEAR is if someone sees 'just being told Truths' as "being fed shit", then, OBVIOUSLY, they will NOT SERIOUSLY LOOK AT what is being 'fed' to them.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 am Do you seriously believe that anyone is going to commit suicide because I wouldn't empathize with them if they do something heinous--any more than your telling someone they make others commit suicide might make them commit suicide. Or is this special pleading day now?
I do NOT believe ANY thing (except of course for the One thing only that I have expressed previously). So, I OBVIOUSLY do NOT "seriously believe" what you said and are 'trying to' claim here.

Now. I have NOT even said NOR even suggested ANY thing like you are 'trying to' say and claim, SO, I do NOT even think it, let alone believe it.

When, and if, you learn to read what I ACTUALLY WRITE, then you MIGHT learn how to UNDERSTAND what I am ACTUALLY SAYING and am ACTUALLY MEANING.
OK. Maybe I am misinterpreting what you are saying. I apologize if I am. I took the following to be one example of where you are blaming me for people committing suicide:
What can ALSO be CLEARLY SEEN here is that it is ABHORRENTLY HORRIBLE and EXTREMELY JUDGMENTAL PEOPLE like 'YOU', "gary childress", WHY some other human beings do NOT want to continue living in this ABHORRENTLY HORRIBLE human being created 'world', ANYMORE.

It is because of people like 'you', "gary childress", and your COMPLETE lack of empathy and understanding, WHY some human beings end up wanting to kill themselves and others and WHY adults keep doing the wrong that they do.

In other words, it is because of your abhorrent WRONG behaviors that this 'world' is the way it is.
Please NEVER feel like you 'have to' "apologize" to 'me' for ANY thing, and especially for 'misinterpreting what I am saying. To me;
NO one PURPOSELY goes out of their way to 'misinterpret' what "another" is saying. (Although a lot of people put a lot of effort into NOT trying to understand the "other" FULLY.) Anyway,
I found that NO one "should" feel like that 'have to' apologize for some thing that they did NOT intend to do NOR even wanted to or want to happen.
So, I find apologizing for some 'thing' completely unintended NOT necessary AT ALL. And, especially in a forum in like this where we are ALL just TRYING TO get our views better understood but where MISINTERPRETATION is happening CONSTANTLY, in the days of when this is being written.

Now, because of one of my intended purposes of WHY I write here in this forum it 'should' be I who apologizes for yours and EVERY one else's MISINTERPRETATIONS of my words here, in the days of when this is being written, for the MISINTERPRETATION of my words is just about ALWAYS because of the EXACT WAY I am writing.

The ultimate message behind ALL of my writing is; If you Truly do want to understand "another" FULLY, then just ask them ALL the CLARIFYING questions NECESSARY, and just from A Truly OPEN perspective.

So, I do write in ways, which lead people to ASSUME and PRESUME things and also KNOWING how much MISINTERPRETATION my words can cause and create.

Now, my words above here, which you quote:

What was ACTUALLY MEANT, but hidden, was;
The words "like 'YOU' are just in reference to those adult human beings WHEN they are being what I class as 'abhorrently horrible' and 'extremely judgmental', which is just ALL of 'us' at some times. And, to 'me', one of those times when we are ALL 'abhorrently horrible' and 'extremely judgmental' is when we are NOT LISTENING to "others" and thus NOT TRYING TO understand "them", FULLY. And what this CAUSES is for some people to feel like life is NOT worth living ANY more.

I am NOT saying and would NEVER say that 'you', "gary childress" have personally made someone commit suicide, and especially as how you come across here. But what I was saying was we ALL at times do NOT show the love, care, and understanding, which ALL human beings NEED in order to NOT want to commit suicide. You have to admit that you would NOT show that human being who committed suicide in that city block by blowing up their van if you knew that they would want to do it ANY empathy at all, correct?

And, if you are NOT showing ANY empathy at all, then you are NOT LISTENING to "them" NOR are you even TRYING TO understand them", which ALL of us are GUILTY OF, at times. We just ALL pick and choose different people to LISTEN to and to NOT LISTEN and just IGNORE COMPLETELY.

Also, we ALL find and SEE different things in different ways. For example, I find if ANY one is NOT Truly and FULLY LISTENING to "another", and so is NOT Truly and FULLY TRYING TO understand the "other" an abhorrently horrible and extremely judgmental behavior, which "like 'YOU', "gary childress", we ALL do to some extent. We ALL do this to some people, some times, and to some other people, ALL of the time.

So, it was that behavior, which you were showing towards people like that one who blew them self up, which could have endangered "others", and which is the behavior that we ALL do, what I was actually referring to. When we are showing this behavior of NOT listening to "others", then we can be seen to be as people "like this" or "like 'YOU', which is what I was referring to and which is just EVERY one of 'us'.

By just writing the word 'YOU' in capital letters and with YOUR name directly afterwards is just, deceivingly, gave the IMPRESSION that what I was saying was directed at 'YOU' personally, and NOT collectively, which is what it Truly was. But, this is WHY I am, seemingly, ALWAYS saying;
'Ask for CLARITY BEFORE ASSUMING absolutely ANY thing.'

Also, what words MEAN to 'me' do NOT necessarily mean the same to some one "else" or even to EVERY one "else". And, these words I have mentioned previously are written in 'single quotation marks'.

Furthermore, the last half of that sentence you quoted was a slight detraction, but also to HIGHLIGHT that human beings NEVER want to just leave 'Life/Existence', Itself, (except in those very rare cases of old age and about to die anyway or when in extreme, and convinced "unbearable" pain), but rather want to leave 'this life' that was/is created ONLY by adult human beings.

So, I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY when I lead 'you' to MISINTERPRETED my True intention AND meaning in the actual words that I have and will use. But just be AWARE that the reason I do this IS PERFECTLY REASONABLE and PERFECTLY JUSTIFIABLE, as it is done in the intention of SHOWING just HOW to create a Truly PEACEFUL 'world' for EVERY one REALLY IS POSSIBLE and ACTUALLY IS VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY INDEED.

This 'world' I am talking about MEANS that there is NO one WANTING to take their OWN life NOR the life of ANY one else, which is what you would Truly would like anyway, right?

It is JUST, some 'things' do come about in Truly unexpected ways.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm In any case, since you say you are not blaming me for people committing suicide, then I apologize for my misunderstanding.
Again please do not, as then I feel guilty, for what I am doing here, now. This is; I am SHOWING, through this generation of people, HOW and WHY misinterpretation happens and HOW and WHY it can happen so simply, so quickly, and so easily.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm Perhaps my mood wasn't very stable when we were discussing this.
You just have a REAL HATRED for this person putting "others" in danger, when, to you, it was NOT necessary AT ALL. But just KNOW we ALL have a REAL HATRED of MANY DIFFERENT things that MANY DIFFERENT people do, and/or do NOT do.

But just REMEMBER what we HATE. It is NOT the person we HATE, it is the 'behavior' that we ACTUALLY HATE. Also, REMEMBER that person who did that was once a child, and before that an infant, and before that a NEW BORN BABY. And, do you have 'empathy' for ALL NEW BORN BABIES or for just SOME OF THEM?

If it was and is for the former, then REMEMBER that that person who did that 'behavior' that you DETEST, was once a NEW BORN BABY, which you did EMPATHIZE with, but have CHOSEN NOT TO NOW. 'You' made this CHOICE. REMEMBER it is the 'behavior' you HATE and DETEST, NOT the 'person'. This will ALL become MUCH CLEARER, later on, and very soon, hopefully.

I had a REAL HATRED when people do NOT LISTEN to children, and I MEAN REALLY and Truly LISTEN to them. But, because I NOW KNOW WHY ALL adults do this behavior, and EVERY thing else they do, that HATRED dissipated completely, and so now I can FOCUS, properly AND correctly, on just 'that' what is NEEDED so that I can CHANGE that behavior, which I Truly do NOT LIKE, and which in turn will change the 'world' that we have made it and STILL ARE making it NOW.

Also, IMAGINE if it was because of this person's ACTUAL 'actions/behavior' of taking their OWN LIFE and blowing them self up, while warning "others" to get out of the way of the impending danger, which ACTUALLY is HELPING to Create a MUCH BETTER 'world' for Everyone? Would you then STILL have absolutely NO 'empathy' for that one?

Oh, and by the way and on another matter, if we were to LOOK AT HOW and WHY that one known as "hitler" came about to WANTING to do and DOING what they did, from a Truly OPEN perspective instead of Truly judgmental and HATEFUL perspective, then we could ACTUALLY USE that one to help find a way to PREVENT ANY human child growing up to be like that one EVER again.

See, what happens when we LOOK AT "others", from a judgmental or hateful perspective, then we do NOT even 'try to' understand "them". And, so we become completely CLOSED and BLINDED to the "other", and then we can NOT understand, and it is understanding, which is what is Truly NEEDED for a MUCH BETTER 'world' and, literally, just in order to just learn HOW to Create a MUCH BETTER 'world', for Everyone.

Now, IMAGINE if we just USED these people, in this way, instead of just HATING ON THEM and DISMISSING THEM, COMPLETELY.

Here is an insight into future learnings, what will be UNCOVERED/REVEALED is the PURPOSE of human beings to LEARN, and TEACH, what is Right in Life. And, if this is Correct, then there IS A PURPOSE for human beings, or for being human, (depending on which way you 'want to look'.) And, if a 'thing' HAS A PURPOSE, then there is a Right way to use and a Wrong way to use 'it'. So, if the purpose of being human, or a human being, is to LEARN and TEACH what is Right in Life, then to USE human beings, each other, properly AND correctly, which is; the Right way, then the Right way to USE human beings is to LEARN FROM, and to TEACH TO, EACH and EVERY one, what is ACTUALLY True, Right and Correct in Life.

AND, age, race, religion, gender, culture, nationality, social status, NOR education, et cetera plays ANY role in what CAN BE ACTUALLY LEARNED from One ANOTHER. For 'me', personally, I LEARNED FAR MORE about True Life and True living, itself, from the very youngest than I ever have from ANY older human being. But I have digressed, and have divulged to much already.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm And perhaps I am misunderstanding what is meant by 'empathy'.
What I found is that we ALL 'misunderstand' what is 'meant' when MOST words are used.

Because I am VERY SLOW and VERY SIMPLE I had the "advantage", that is; WHEN I EVENTUALLY REALIZED just how SLOW and just how SIMPLE I REALLY AM, of then, again, EVENTUALLY REALIZING that I did NOT know what words ACTUALLY MEANT, when all the time previously I THOUGHT that I actually did, even for the most basic of words like 'abuse', let alone the EXTREMELY SOPHISTICATED words like 'empathy'. So, when I hear or see a word, from then on, I had to literally LOOK IT UP in a dictionary to SEE what 'it' ACTUALLY MEANT. I also had the luxury of SEEING and LEARNING just how many words have many different meanings and definitions and how OFTEN people can use one definition while the "other" is using a completely DIFFERENT definition, which was the ONLY 'thing' that was CAUSING and CREATING the CONFUSION, MISINTERPRETATION, CONFLICT, and ultimately the ARGUING and the BICKERING. Which, by the way, happens in this forum MORE TIMES than i can count.

Now, to 'me', which essentially ACTUALLY MEANS NOTHING AT ALL, but anyway; to 'me', the word 'empathy' just means understanding thee "other" from their perspective, which, again to 'me' ONLY, can only be gathered and ascertained by "putting one's self in their shows, or literally in "them", which is just the 'thoughts' and 'feelings' within the body. So, the ONLY True way, I found, for this to happen is to LISTEN to "them" Truly AND FULLY, which can ONLY Truly happen by NOT have ANY preconceived ideas or notions, and NOT having ANY judgmental views AT ALL, which is MUCH HARDER when one has grown up being taught to be VERY JUDGMENTAL of "others", by watching and HEARING their adult 'folk' being VERY JUDGMENTAL "themselves".

Now, some people use the word 'empathy' to mean 'understand the other', in the sense of agreeing with, condoning, and accepting of the behavior of the "other". And, it is PERFECTLY FINE and ACCEPTABLE to use ANY word ANYWAY one likes, just as long as they are prepared to accept that "another" might be using the EXACT SAME word in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WAY, or even sometimes in a COMPLETELY OPPOSING WAY, like the words 'argue' and 'paradox' can be used, which is slightly ironic because of the very nature of philosophical discussions themselves and how 'arguing' and to a lesser extent, and 'paradoxically', how the word 'paradox' are entangled and play out in these types of discussions.

But anyway there is NO actual RIGHT and WRONG in how words are being used and defined. But what I found that makes ANY thing ACTUALLY True, and Right, and Correct is AGREEMENT and ACCEPTANCE, Itself.

We just used the word 'empathy' DIFFERENTLY, and from what 'you' were saying you were ABSOLUTELY Right, from YOUR perspective and YOUR use of the word, and, from what 'i' was saying i was ABSOLUTELY Right, from MY perspective and MY use of the word. Or, more correctly, we BOTH viewed our OWN perspectives as being Right, when in fact we could have BOTH been Wrong from a BIGGER PICTURE perspective and a GREAT NUMBER of AGREEMENT and ACCEPTANCE of usage of that word.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm Perhaps I don't have empathy at all or perhaps I do have empathy for the Nashville bomber.
I NEVER like to SHOW what I am assuming and guessing, and REALLY I do NOT even like to ASSUME absolutely ANY thing AT ALL (because of the very nature of 'ASSUMPTIONS', themselves, that is; from my perspective and usage of that word). But anyway; I would guess that you have a lot of understanding for AND with ANY one who has, by your standards, NOT done ANY 'wrong', in what you class as being 'wrong' anyway. Now, this would OBVIOUSLY include ALL human babies, unless of course you are REALLY HATEFUL racist and HATE the babies of some human beings, (which I doubt VERY MUCH, but I do NOT to STAY absolutely OPEN to absolutely ANY and EVERY thing). Now, if you do have understanding for AND with ALL human new born babies, then this would ALSO include that one, which is generally known as "adolf hitler", as well as this one in this thread discussion here. That is; Until that time you CHOSE to NOT understand them ANYMORE.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm I don't think I could ever bring myself to detonate a bomb in a way that would put others in danger like that.
You and (and I have NO idea what the CORRECT figure is but it might be in the order of some thing like;) 99.99% of the human population. And considering just how short a time that bombs and blowing up things as been around for relative to human beings alleged millions of years of existence, that figure might be much higher.

So, the VAST MAJORITY ALSO could NEVER bring themselves around to wanting to put "others" in danger. BUT, OBVIOUSLY, some thing has happened to cause just a TINY MINORITY to want to do such a thing. Now, they are EITHER born GOING TO WANT TO DO THIS, or they have LEARNED TO WANT TO DO THIS. I ALREADY KNOW what thee ANSWER IS, which IS OBVIOUS when ALL is LOOKED AT. But, from mine and "others" perspective of the word 'empathy' we might 'empathize' FULLY with people who want to do such a thing as this BUT WE WOULD NEVER even contemplate doing such a thing ourselves, let alone actually ever bringing ourselves to doing such a thing.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm And it makes me angry when some people do stuff like that.
Apologies for getting right down deep into the, so called, "nitty gritty" of things here, BUT NOTHING besides 'you' "makes" 'you' angry. 'you' ALLOW "your" 'self' to get angry with and about some 'things'. See, if you LET "others" 'make' you feel certain ways, then 'you' have GIVEN them 'power' OVER 'you'.

Now, of course, there would be angry feelings/emotions within when you see your fellow human beings being killed completely unnecessarily so. But, 'anger' like EVERY other 'emotion' is just a SIGNAL or SIGN of and for what is going on around 'you'. Use this SIGN and SIGNAL to guide 'you' to What is Right in Life, instead of using that, what is essentially, just a PURELY NORMAL feeling AND emotion, to CONTROL 'you', and especially GIVING that CONTROL to some one ELSE OVER 'you'.

When 'you' find out who and what the 'you' is EXACTLY and who and what is ACTUALLY in CONTROL, then ALL-OF-THIS becomes MUCH CLEARER, also.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm But I never do anything more than ridicule such behavior in order to communicate disapproval toward any other would be bombers.
And this is PERFECTLY FINE, because letting OTHER, essentially, JUST HUMAN BEINGS KNOW what is Right and what is Wrong behavior in Life is, essentially, GOOD, and NOT BAD AT ALL. However, and which can be CLEARLY SEEN, EVIDENCED, and PROVEN is that when people are "communicating their ridicule AND disapproval for a 'behavior' they can VERY QUICKLY and VERY EASILY slip in their DISAPPROVAL for the PERSON, "them" 'self'. Which can be NOTICED and SEEN in your use of the word "bomber" here. The word "bomber" is DIRECTED at the PERSON and NOT at the BEHAVIOR.

This may be to subtle for SOME to YET RECOGNIZE and SEE, in the days when this is being written. But, this will be MUCH BETTER UNDERSTOOD, soon enough.

Also, if you LOOKED BACK over your writings you can CLEARLY SEE where you have ridiculed 'people' and NOT necessarily their 'behavior'. And, IF ANY one was/is intending to blow themselves and/or "others" up just YOUR words here; " communicate 'disapproval' 'toward' ANY other WOULD BE 'bomber' ", then this just SHOWS 'you' have DISAPPROVAL for "them", "them" 'self', and so would NOT LISTEN to "them", "them" 'self', which would further their feeling/emotion of NOT BEING LISTENED TO and NOT BEING HEARD, and thus feeling MORE ALONE, left out, NOT 'fitting in', AND, literally, feeling MORE DISAPPROVAL, leading to a more deepening CYCLE of despair, and just "taking more revenge on more "others", thinking.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm But maybe I shouldn't do that. Maybe I should be more understanding and kind.
But there is NO "should". There is ONLY what 'you' KNOW is Right, and the very personal misnomer "knowing" from just your OWN personal experiences. But from the KNOWING 'deep down', which comes from Being in the "shoes" of "others", In other words, what one 'should' be doing is just 'that' what they KNOW is Right from Everyone's perspective.

If 'you' KNOW, from Everyone's perspective, that ALL children or EVERY one WANTS 'more understanding and kindness', then MAYBE that is what 'you' "should" be doing. But ONLY 'you' ALONE can decide what is BEST and what is NOT.

I just suggest making this decision based on EVERY one's perspective and NOT just on 'your' perspective, alone. But ONLY 'you' ALONE can BEST decide what is BEST for 'you'.