American election.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: American election.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:03 am Egyptians are Africans too

-Imp
I doubt if many Americans know that. Most of them think Africa is a county.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:37 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 pm Terrorism has been coming from all directions. You should know that if you're alive and aware.
Great! Then you can point me to the videos of those Right Wing "terror" groups doing their villainous deeds...and you should be able to do that very easily indeed.

I would appreciate the favour. I do want the facts.
Google it for yourself to get the facts you claim to want.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:51 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:37 pm Great! Then you can point me to the videos of those Right Wing "terror" groups doing their villainous deeds...and you should be able to do that very easily indeed.

I would appreciate the favour. I do want the facts.
Google it for yourself to get the facts you claim to want.
So YOU have nothing. And you're hoping that Google will have something, or you can say, "Well, you just didn't do the right search."

Disappointing, but not at all surprising.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:09 am
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:20 am
"By Any means possible"

"The ends justify the means."

These are slogans resulting inevitably in collective statist slavery There are many paths leading to statist slavery but just one that can lead to sustaining liberty. Do you know what that is?
What do these slogans have to do with me? I said nothing like that.
I meant that your support of wokism includes the necessity for these slogans.
Where have I said anything about supporting wokism? Don't make up crap about me, Nick.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pmOtherwise you will lose out to the great unwashed or the deplorbles...
This is your garbage that you're trying to project onto me.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pmIt is the intellectual superiority of wokism which justifies the destruction of private property, the corruption of the young, and a fraudalent election.
You can't even see how all of these things are threatened from all directions!
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pmDo the believers in liberty have anything similar to the glorious goals of wokism.
How is one supposed to answer when you're babbling nonsense and lies?

I love liberty. I also love sharing. I love protecting what I've worked hard for. I also love people -- all kinds of people. There are no easy answers sometimes. There are often lots of factors for every choice.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pmIt does but secularism has destroyed its potential.
Actually, I think that stupidity such as what you demonstrate is what destroys far more potential and awareness than anything.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pm Now that the goals of wokism in many have surpassed the goals of understanding giving way to the goals of indoctrination, the country is losing its youth who have no idea of what objective conscience is. So they move to what in reality leads to psychological slavery rather than liberty.
That may be your reality. That is not the reality for myself or anyone I know. Seriously, you are mired in a swamp of your own delusional making.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:05 am
Impenitent wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:03 am Egyptians are Africans too

-Imp
I doubt if many Americans know that. Most of them think Africa is a county.
I wonder how many Americans still think North Korea lies north of the U.S. of A!
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:57 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:52 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:33 pm
That's not what the Left believes, though.

They believe that first, you're white or black, second you're male or female, third you're gay or straight or trans or whatever...and way down the list you are American...though they tell you you should be ashamed of that fact, because they allege America is oppressive, capitalist, imperialist, racist and generally bad. For Leftists, minorities -- especially allegedly "oppressed" minorities -- are good...and the majority of America, and America as a country, and as a concept, is evil.
That’s odd. The left wing believes that the blacks, whites, males, females, gays, straights etc are equally American. Being anything else before being American is irrelevant to the principle of majority rule.
That's odd. Why are black Americans always referred to by 'the left' as 'African Americans'? At what point do they become simply 'Americans'?? I mean, after 400 odd years surely they can be considered Americans. The African bit is bloody ridiclous. We are ALL African if you go back far enough. Plus, many 'black' Americans probably don't even come from 'Africa' (and Africa is a mighty big continent').
African Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, Japanese Americans—they are who they are. If PCs imagine blacks could possibly feel offended by being called black, then PCs will call them something else.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:33 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:19 pm If we are first of all Americans
That's not what the Left believes, though.
Generalizations! Stereotypes! Groupism, where no necessary group of a particular type people exist. It's not black and white my friend. NOTHING IS SIMPLY BLACK AND WHITE! Any and every, so called, group is made up of ever differing people with ever differing ideas and beliefs. Only 'simpletons' see groups of 'simply' BLACK or WHITE. We are multitudes of ever varying differentiation. To subscribe to any particular group is not necessarily the summation of ones complete character, belief, knowledge, understanding, bias, etc, etc, etc!

They believe that first, you're white or black, second you're male or female, third you're gay or straight or trans or whatever...and way down the list you are American...though they tell you you should be ashamed of that fact, because they allege America is oppressive, capitalist, imperialist, racist and generally bad. For Leftists, minorities -- especially allegedly "oppressed" minorities -- are good...and the majority of America, and America as a country, and as a concept, is evil.
Are you a lefty? If not, I hardly believe you're actually capable of speaking for them, and like I've said, they're all a bit different. I'm a democrat, (a lefty), or at least I guess that's all you'll understand me to be, with that uninformed preconceived notion you have of lefties, and I believe none of that crap you mentioned. I see the left as, first and foremost, those that care as much for others as they do themselves, while the right only care for themselves, yeah, the epitome of selfish people. Trump only cares for money, and when you care more for money than people you've lost it, i.e., the pandemic! And as far as being considered Americans last goes, what, invading people that kill many indigenous people, take their land, and place the survivors on land that has much to be desired; those Americans?

But all anyone really has to know as far as guiding this human ship is concerned is that the only constant in the universe is change, as in the cosmos, our solar system and galaxy, human population, belief, knowledge, understanding, etc, which only leaves room for progressive democrats, never conservative republicans, forever stuck in the past much like Cro-Magnon, with only one thing in mind, the glittering prize!

In point of fact, though, America is not a direct democracy, but a republic. And as a "union," it also exists as a voluntary association of states, not as a huge mass of undifferentiated individuals with the majority free to tyrannize minorities. One of the better things about the US is its respect for minorities, actually. And Vermont and Montana are such minorities, that depend on being respected for their contributions to the Union.
What the hell are you talking about? Everyone that votes contributes, their vote for a particular politician just may not win.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:00 am So YOU have nothing. And you're hoping that Google will have something, or you can say, "Well, you just didn't do the right search."

I have plenty. But I'm not going to waste time on you. Stop being a big baby and do your own research. Your skewed perspective already demonstrates ignorance and resistance to broader, more balanced truth. So you can sit in that... I don't care. I'm simply pointing out that you're sitting in your own mess because clearly it PLEASES you, rather than for any logical or truthful reason.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Please don’t use red font
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:09 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:00 am So YOU have nothing. And you're hoping that Google will have something, or you can say, "Well, you just didn't do the right search."
I have plenty. But I'm not going to waste time on you...
Bluff. Transparent.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:51 am
Bluff. Transparent.
Google it: far-right terrorism, and far-right terror groups

It's very simple. Why are you so lazy and resistant? Do you want me to hold your hand while you do it? You said there's nothing out there -- this will show you that there is.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:58 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:51 am
Bluff. Transparent.
Google it: far-right terrorism, and far-right terror groups

It's very simple. Why are you so lazy and resistant? Do you want me to hold your hand while you do it? You said there's nothing out there -- this will show you that there is.
That's his style. He asks the same thing over and over, claiming that you haven't answered--after having been answered multiple times. It's very strange and I can't quite see the point--unless it's just to be irritating.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:09 am
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:09 am
What do these slogans have to do with me? I said nothing like that.
I meant that your support of wokism includes the necessity for these slogans.
Where have I said anything about supporting wokism? Don't make up crap about me, Nick.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pmOtherwise you will lose out to the great unwashed or the deplorbles...
This is your garbage that you're trying to project onto me.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pmIt is the intellectual superiority of wokism which justifies the destruction of private property, the corruption of the young, and a fraudalent election.
You can't even see how all of these things are threatened from all directions!
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pmDo the believers in liberty have anything similar to the glorious goals of wokism.
How is one supposed to answer when you're babbling nonsense and lies?

I love liberty. I also love sharing. I love protecting what I've worked hard for. I also love people -- all kinds of people. There are no easy answers sometimes. There are often lots of factors for every choice.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pmIt does but secularism has destroyed its potential.
Actually, I think that stupidity such as what you demonstrate is what destroys far more potential and awareness than anything.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pm Now that the goals of wokism in many have surpassed the goals of understanding giving way to the goals of indoctrination, the country is losing its youth who have no idea of what objective conscience is. So they move to what in reality leads to psychological slavery rather than liberty.
That may be your reality. That is not the reality for myself or anyone I know. Seriously, you are mired in a swamp of your own delusional making.

Woke
alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"
Woke is emotional indoctrination. People are taught to be angry, break things, fight, and maim in order to stay angry and avoid asking themselves why they contribute to social injustice.

Objective conscience is universal remembered values It is an emotional quality that has been always known. Where woke is indoctrinated in someone, objective conscious is part of you and can be remembered if not suppressed.

Woke is indoctrination and results in psychological slavery supported by anger. Objective conscience is remembered so results in the normal potential for liberty.

Liberty through conscience or slavery through indoctrination. Our choice
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:39 am Woke is emotional indoctrination. People are taught to be angry, break things, fight, and maim in order to stay angry and avoid asking themselves why they contribute to social injustice.

Objective conscience is universal remembered values It is an emotional quality that has been always known. Where woke is indoctrinated in someone, objective conscious is part of you and can be remembered if not suppressed.

Woke is indoctrination and results in psychological slavery supported by anger. Objective conscience is remembered so results in the normal potential for liberty.

You are consistently so intoxicated with your demented ideas, Nick, you're like a raving, religious lunatic. You claimed I support wokism. I've never said such a thing, and you don't even know me. Is it really so difficult for you to stop making up crap? Really?! Give it a try! Clean up your own distorted mental state. That would be the best gift you could offer everyone.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:11 am
Nick_A wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:39 am Woke is emotional indoctrination. People are taught to be angry, break things, fight, and maim in order to stay angry and avoid asking themselves why they contribute to social injustice.

You are consistently so intoxicated with your demented ideas, Nick, you're like a raving, religious lunatic. You claimed I support wokism. I've never said such a thing, and you don't even know me. Is it really so difficult for you to stop making up crap? Really?! Give it a try! Clean up your own distorted mental state. That would be the best gift you could offer everyone.
You wrote

There are many paths to the same "places". And not every destination is at it seems. So it would be a lot more truthful for you to question all of it, rather than making up your one-sided stories of good and bad, which unsurprisingly position you on the side of good.

They don't. There are many paths including wokism that result in psychological slavery. There is one that I know of which awakens a person to experience objective conscience with the potential for liberty.

Liberty or slavery. Our choice.