Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: American election.

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:35 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:32 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:27 pm

oh my, it's america, love it or leave it all over again
Love it, leave it, or sit down and shut up.
dissent for thee but not for me...excellent!
Dissent, no matter which side it comes from, isn’t the same as violence, no matter which side practices it.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:01 pm Isn’t the minority supposed to go along with the majority?
isn't the minority supposed to be protected from the majority?
No. Majority rules.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:27 pm

oh my, it's america, love it or leave it all over again
Just hold a "peaceful protest," Henry. Burn down an Arby's or something, and say it was because of historical injustice. The press will love you, and the Dems will build you a monument...until they forget you're a "liberator" and pull it down and spray paint it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:39 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:01 pm Isn’t the minority supposed to go along with the majority?
isn't the minority supposed to be protected from the majority?
No. Majority rules.
mebbe you wanna go review the declaration and the constitution
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 pm
tillingborn wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:53 am what do you think emojis add to an argument?
They indicate what email never can: the emotion of the moment.
Quite honestly, most adults are perfectly able to discern the contempt in sentence such as this.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:20 pmI've given you at least three kinds now. Did you want me to drum up a "Black List" of names? :lol:
True, the spectrum of personality disorders is better presented in this forum than in the general public, but if you cannot recognise someone who doesn't need telegraphed emotions, you should consider what that says about you.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 pmThat is why they were invented.
:roll:
Are we to believe that anything labelled 'organic' is the product either of racketeers or quasi-religious leftist ideologues?
No, but https://globalnews.ca/news/5778147/orga ... ud-scheme/
Thank you for the article. Once again:
tillingborn wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pmAs with journalists, no doubt some 'environmentalists' are honest and some exploit people's goodwill.
Why do you feel compelled to turn agreement into argument?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:25 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:18 pm When is it time to move on? If your sister was just mugged and raped when is it time to forget about it and move on? Go out with your friends, have a few beers and move on. Does it really matter if she was abused and crippled? No, the important thing is to forget about it and move on to avoid rocking the boat.

Lady Liberty was just mugged and raped. One thing she held dear was integrity in elections. It was taken from her and in compensation she just got screwed in the ass. She needs help and the rinos say it is time to move on. Any rino who refers to illegitimate president Biden as simply President Biden supports the mugging and rape of Lady Liberty. There is nothing legitimate about rigging elections and denying rape for political purposes. Such people have to be voted out of office in support of Lady Liberty.

how?

if the election process is adulterated, how do bad eggs get removed?

make no mistake: american elections have been hobson's choice for a looong time...what may have happened this year ain't the start of it
The important thing is to try. The Dems enjoy the rape but no rino wants to be accused of supporting the rape of Lady Liberty. But referring to Biden as illegitimate president Biden keeps the awareness of the rape alive in people's minds and proves that some do care for Lady Liberty
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:38 pm

Dissent, no matter which side it comes from, isn’t the same as violence, no matter which side practices it.
indeed...where was your outrage yesterday?

never mind

a heads up: if what happened on the 6th gets your dander up, just wait till the real dissenters get goin'

gonna be fun times
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:25 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:18 pm When is it time to move on? If your sister was just mugged and raped when is it time to forget about it and move on? Go out with your friends, have a few beers and move on. Does it really matter if she was abused and crippled? No, the important thing is to forget about it and move on to avoid rocking the boat.

Lady Liberty was just mugged and raped. One thing she held dear was integrity in elections. It was taken from her and in compensation she just got screwed in the ass. She needs help and the rinos say it is time to move on. Any rino who refers to illegitimate president Biden as simply President Biden supports the mugging and rape of Lady Liberty. There is nothing legitimate about rigging elections and denying rape for political purposes. Such people have to be voted out of office in support of Lady Liberty.

how?

if the election process is adulterated, how do bad eggs get removed?

make no mistake: american elections have been hobson's choice for a looong time...what may have happened this year ain't the start of it
The important thing is to try. The Dems enjoy the rape but no rino wants to be accused of supporting the rape of Lady Liberty. But referring to Biden as illegitimate president Biden keeps the awareness of the rape alive in people's minds and proves that some do care for Lady Liberty
the lesson of the 6th is what works for them does not work for us

why?

they own the first three boxes

all we have left is no and the fourth box
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 pm
tillingborn wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:53 am what do you think emojis add to an argument?
They indicate what email never can: the emotion of the moment.
Quite honestly, most adults are perfectly able to discern the contempt in sentence such as this.
Actually, I answered a rather surprisingly obvious question with a dignified answer. But you misread.

Perhaps I should have added an emoji? :wink:
Thank you for the article.
You're welcome. As you note, it definitely answers your second objection.
I don't. But I do notice you tend to misread what I say, then put it in words I never used, and then overreact.

You could stop that...but it's up to you.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Just hold a "peaceful protest," Henry. Burn down an Arby's or something, and say it was because of historical injustice. The press will love you, and the Dems will build you a monument...until they forget you're a "liberator" and pull it down and spray paint it.
won't work...not for me

my color is wrong...my politics is wrong...my philosophy is wrong...my principles are wrong

besides: I don't do crowds, and, I don't do mindless violence

no, folks like me have other ideas
henry quirk

bump

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:57 pm besides: I don't do crowds, and, I don't do mindless violence

Well, gee, Henry...you're never going to make congress with an attitude like that.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:12 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:57 pm besides: I don't do crowds, and, I don't do mindless violence

Well, gee, Henry...you're never going to make congress with an attitude like that.
HA!
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Do you think your words:
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:56 pmNobody's positioned to say which of the players are ignorant, which are irrational and which are acting in bad faith
express anything substantially different to what I have said all along:
tillingborn wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pmAs with journalists, no doubt some 'environmentalists' are honest and some exploit people's goodwill.
Do we not agree that human beings are more intricate than the antipodean caricatures of journalist/propagandist, environment manager/Environmentalist, leftist/conservative, Christian/atheist and the like?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:56 pm
I don't. But I do notice you tend to misread what I say, then put it in words I never used, and then overreact.
Your record in that respect isn't good. The one example you have given:
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:44 pm"Irrationally"? Hmmm. That's not a word I used.
turned out to be false:
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:18 pmSo I want environmental management to succeed...but Environmentalism is something quite different: it's a kind of irrational ideology. And you can see it's irrational, because it embraces "solutions" that are actually harmful to the environment, and declares them "green."
I would be intrigued to see an example of what you think is me overreacting.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:56 pmYou could stop that...but it's up to you.
I will, when you stop beating your wife. I don't think straying from the point is to your advantage.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

tillingborn wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:26 am Do we not agree that human beings are more intricate than the antipodean caricatures of journalist/propagandist, environment manager/Environmentalist, leftist/conservative, Christian/atheist and the like?
"Antipodean caricatures"? Well, with that wording, you've skewed your question to favour the conclusion you'd perhaps like.

The truth is that some such oppositions exist on a scale, so you would be right about them. Left and right, politically, are certainly like that: there are centrists on both sides. But there is still a line in the middle of many such sliding scales. There is, for example, a moment when a journalist goes too far in his explaining or withholding of facts, and (as we say) "crosses the line" ethically. And we can see that because when we look further down the scale, at the extremes, there are certainly such things as raw propagandists, like Goebbels. Other polarities are genuine opposites...things you either are, or are not. One cannot be "a little bit pregnant," for example. One also cannot be "a little bit dead," or "a little bit Christian."

So something isn't wrong merely by being a polarity. It is certainly not true that every journalist has been the equal of Josef Goebbels. But neither is it true that none of them has ever slid up his side of the scale of journalistic ethics.