General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: American election.

Post by henry quirk »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:05 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:49 pm

My dear Henry. Not sure if you are like Wa'l'ker and gettin confused with the stats situation - stats confuses and distorts especially those of simple minds. Under-stand. The population of US is rather v large in comparison to those settled by the GREAT nation of Great Britain.

USA has a LARGE multicultural population - that means - there are lots and lots....and indeed...lots of people from MANY nations that have kindred spirits already residing in what could have been a great nation of the USA. Hence - yes - they want to get the f**k over there in droves - statistically moreso than such measly nations of Oz...and others...etc..

Hope that makes sense.

...and btw - I have never called your nation a crapsack - I JUST DONT LIKE YOUR GOVT - AND THE DUMB CUNTS THAT DONT REAL EYES THERE ARE CHOICES OTHER THAN THE ESTABLISHMENT OF SILVER SPOON TWATS
so, all these folks come to a crapsack to be with kindred souls?

no, that really doesn't make sense

anyway, thanks

here's a piece...

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... mmigrants/

...it doesn't answer my question, but it's informative
Call me someone that don't bore into links - i don't. Let me inspire your deflated doubting ego...USA IS THE GREATEST NATION THAT EVER EXISTED IN ORION SPUR.

soothing yes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biNGPkOVaBE
jeez, I never said that, or hinted at it in this conversation

I just asked a question based on what seem to be common criticisms of 'murica by folks in this forum

for the record: as a natural rights libertarian and a minarchist, I've got significant problems with the current iteration of the US (the gov, aspects of the culture)

anyway -- again -- thanks

and: my ego is just fine, thank you very much
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Cheers Henry. I forgot to sleep (8am) - my friend got legless but thats cos hes got a missing leg...plus we went halves on a bottle of Jamesons - so that fucked up the other leg - anyway - i gotta drive south now, I promise not to hit 240km\hr - well it aint the fukin Oz outback down there...

Yippy Skippy - at the end of the day - be thankful for wot we got - i am as happy as a sage in pile of matter. :mrgreen:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:26 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:54 pm

very good...here have a 🥨

now, the question: if 'murica is such a craphole, why do so many come here, legally and illegally?

you got an answer, sculptor?
Why ask a question when you don't like the answer?
oh, I get it now...what you're sayin' is, becuz murica screws around with s. america, s. americans come to 'murica

i think it's awfully tellin' you think s. americans are shite

anyway: even if it's the case that s. americans come to 'murica becuz 'murica screws around with s. america, that's not an answer to the question of why so many, legally and illegally, come to 'murica (from all over the world, not just s. america) if 'murica is a craphole

why do so many superior nations have such smaller numbers of folks lookin' for a way in?
You are not making much sense. Maybe it's because your mouth is so full of Trump's micropenis?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

US Capitol was taken over by Trump supporters for a while today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:01 am US Capitol was taken over by Trump supporters for a while today.

Why did they do that?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:54 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:26 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 pm

Why ask a question when you don't like the answer?
oh, I get it now...what you're sayin' is, becuz murica screws around with s. america, s. americans come to 'murica

i think it's awfully tellin' you think s. americans are shite

anyway: even if it's the case that s. americans come to 'murica becuz 'murica screws around with s. america, that's not an answer to the question of why so many, legally and illegally, come to 'murica (from all over the world, not just s. america) if 'murica is a craphole

why do so many superior nations have such smaller numbers of folks lookin' for a way in?
You are not making much sense. Maybe it's because your mouth is so full of Trump's micropenis?

let me simplify it so even you can understand: if there are so many nations better than 'murica, why do so many want to come to 'murica?

if that flummoxes you, I can dumb it down even more
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:56 pm
Dubious wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:31 am
Walker wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:48 pm
Come on, man. You can do it better.

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkcP9XYYqVw
(election allegory)

:D
Alex Jones is the American version of this guy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Streicher

Him and Trump have a lot of nice things to say about each other having so much in common.
While you're cleaning up your grammar you might want to lay off the brain-rotting delusions implanted by the corrupt media, which might afford a chance to self-liberate from the ignorance that is now your own, and not shared by thinking folks. That is, if you're not a too-far-gone lost cause, and there's enough uncorrupted brain material left in the pan.

"Him has a lot of nice things to say ..." (Hopefully there's enough of it left that this requires no detailed road map, justification, more examples, or proof.)
So sorry if I confused you between he and him! It all depends on what grammar checker you're using.

If you're one of the "thinking" folks god help the United States. Better to think it's the media that's corrupt than your lying, cowardly, thoroughly disgusting treasonous rat-ass of a president.

No one, regardless of who follows Trump, is now able to put the Humpty Dumpty land of America back together again without a great deal of scarring. In the wake of Trump the authority of The Constitution has been debased and democracy put in question. Based on what's happening in The Capitol now, it's subversive assholes like you, the Alex Jones type, who should be deported en masse to China or Russia where your brand of politics properly belongs.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I was just correcting nails on a blackboard, as a courtesy.

You weren't confused and neither was I.

You were just careless.

But, there simply ain't any recognition or need for more of your pollution.

Have a nice day.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:38 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:01 am US Capitol was taken over by Trump supporters for a while today.

Why did they do that?
I think they wanted to show that they were unhappy with what was going to take place inside the building if they hadn’t disrupted it (i.e. the Senate’s confirmation that Biden won the Presidential election in November).
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:23 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:38 am

Why did they do that?
I think they wanted to show that they were unhappy with what was going to take place inside the building if they hadn’t disrupted it (i.e. the Senate’s confirmation that Biden won the Presidential election in November).
“If you play the game, you will get beat.”

- They played the game. Many looked like pensioners.

- They have been deceived, betrayed, their futures crippled because of Covid response.

- Against great odds Trump gave them a taste of what could be, then it was taken away through no fault or action of their own.

- On camera the people were strolling through the People’s rotunda. They were probably looking for a toilet.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:19 am I was just correcting nails on a blackboard, as a courtesy.

You weren't confused and neither was I.

You were just careless.

But, there simply ain't any recognition or need for more of your pollution.

Have a nice day.
May you also have a nice day...and don't forget to wear your Make America Great Again cap in honor of your dear leader and former great country. Trump was ironically prescient with that logo since someone else must attempt to do that job after the rubble he left behind.
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

Immanuel Can wrote
No, yours is an "imaginary person argument." You keep telling me about all these people who are allegedly horribly infected with conservatism, and yet can't find them.
I think we found them, my fascist, ignorant friend.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

It is quite worrying that a forum devoted to philosophy is infiltrated by people who believe in mob rule.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:56 pm It is quite worrying that a forum devoted to philosophy is infiltrated by people who believe in mob rule.
“Preamble” of the Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to
secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving
their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any
Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right
of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in
such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and
Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long
established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and
accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed
to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by
abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long
train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their
right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new
Guards for their future security.
The protestors all felt that America is losing its need "to be" and those in power meaning the swamp, want to replace making America great again by remembering what it will lose by surrendering to the ideals of the swamp.

The mob is the swamp seeking a new government by glorifying the swamp
while the patriots want to remember what America is losing
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:56 pm It is quite worrying that a forum devoted to philosophy is infiltrated by people who believe in mob rule.
Philosophy is a large field that holds all kinds of opinions and beliefs. And some of those opinions and beliefs may even be true, although, I'm not entirely sure which ones.