American election.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: American election.

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:58 am Who is the Big Guy?
That's what we all should want to know. If it turns out to be Hunter Biden's imaginary friend, then maybe Joe is off the hook.

But if it is somebody, and that somebody is Joe Biden, as Bobulinski has testified...then...
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:00 pm
That's what we all should want to know. If it turns out to be Hunter Biden's imaginary friend, then maybe Joe is off the hook.

But if it is somebody, and that somebody is Joe Biden, as Bobulinski has testified...then...
I haven't been following this story all that much. What if the "big guy" is Joe Biden? Do we then know that there was treason or would there be a need for further investigation before anything further can be determined from it? Or put another way, what would need to be revealed by the investigation to make it treason and why?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:19 am I haven't been following this story all that much. What if the "big guy" is Joe Biden?
"The Big Guy" is definitely identified on Hunter Biden's laptop as a person taking money in from foreign sources, in exchange for access to him, using Hunter Biden as the broker. So that identity needs to be investigated.

Hunter Biden's former business partner, a Mr. Bobulinksi, has put on record that Hunter Biden's "Big Guy" is certainly none other than Joe Biden. And he's done so in public, so that Bobulinski could be sued if he's wrong about that, for defaming Joe Biden. And yet there has not even been the hint of a lawsuit from the Biden camp. That's interesting.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:28 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:19 am I haven't been following this story all that much. What if the "big guy" is Joe Biden?
"The Big Guy" is definitely identified on Hunter Biden's laptop as a person taking money in from foreign sources, in exchange for access to him, using Hunter Biden as the broker. So that identity needs to be investigated.

Hunter Biden's former business partner, a Mr. Bobulinksi, has put on record that Hunter Biden's "Big Guy" is certainly none other than Joe Biden. And he's done so in public, so that Bobulinski could be sued if he's wrong about that, for defaming Joe Biden. And yet there has not even been the hint of a lawsuit from the Biden camp. That's interesting.
Who was taking the money, Joe or Hunter? And who was receiving the money, Joe or Hunter? (I guess that's part of the investigation?) If it's all some business schmoozing on the part of his son Hunter, then it sounds mostly like influence peddling. It might be illegal, I don't know, but I question whether it would be treason unless he was either giving away state secrets or else dealing with a state that we are at war with.

I've heard that Trump's children have done similar, used their father's position to make money here and there for themselves. Also, didn't Trump try to bribe a foreign official from Ukraine via withholding aid to dig up dirt on the Democrats or something like that? Wheeling and dealing seem to be a good way for some to make big bucks, albeit, it seems like it should be unethical behavior, I would think.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:51 am Who was taking the money, Joe or Hunter?
Hunter for sure, first. But on the laptop, he laments having to give a big cut of it to "the Big Guy," in exchange for access. So the real answer is "Both HB and 'The Big Guy'."

Bobulinksi says that's JB. But we can wait for the investigation, and find out if that's true.
...Donald Trump...
To refer to him to clear JB here is an "et tu quoque" fallacy, meaning, an argument to the affect that one man's misdeeds can be covered over if we can find somebody else who we can allege might have done the same thing. That doesn't work. Even if there were two wrongs, two wrongs wouldn't make one of them right.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:00 pm

The Biden family corruption that feeds off Joe’s influence peddling is being held in reserve until the presidency is settled. Then if necessary, it can be used to blackmail Joe out of office by either resignation, impeachment, or health reasons. Health, most likely. Corruption also opened Biden to blackmail by foreign governments. Impeachment of Biden would not likely happen. Removal would be behind the scenes. Impeachment would only serve the purpose of whole hog chaos as cover to change a lot.

Other than blackmail by foreign governments, what would make Biden's removal necessary?

Why would blackmail by foreign governments be a concern with Biden, since it's already acceptable for Swalwell and for Feinstein to be compromised and open to manipulation?

Jan. 6 is the day to watch. Congress might move to begin debate on the contested election. Until then, the speculation builds. A lot of people are paying attention to that, which is a good thing.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:29 pm
tillingborn wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:23 am I gather you have never taken part in a debate; the whole point is to persuade the audience of one or other point of view.
That presumes the audience must remain persuadable by the evidence.
You should bear in mind that in the context of our exchanges, I am not the audience. It is the broader debate between press and politicians in which we are both largely spectators. It is you that has been persuaded such that all evidence, as weak or compelling as it might be, is taken as proof of guilt. That is confirmation bias. Look at this from three weeks ago:
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:33 am Smokin' Joe has a long and very corrupt history with the Democrats, and is definitely an insider on their misdeeds...or has been. But in his present mental condition, I don't think the Dems would trust him with anything, so you're probably right...they've probably convinced him he won, and he probably believes it.
That is not the view of someone who remains persuadable. That you now concede that it would take investigations and examinations to establish the facts can be taken as progress.
attofishpi

NORTH AMERICANS

Post by attofishpi »

OFFENSIVE HALFWITTED RACIST NONSENSE - DELETED BY RICK.
tillingborn

Re: NORTH AMERICANS

Post by tillingborn »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:29 am OFFENSIVE HALFWITTED RACIST NONSENSE - DELETED BY RICK.
And a Happy New Year to you sir. Tell me; is it a mark of intelligence to continue reading something that bores you?
Atla

Post by Atla »

the US elections over yet? Who won the clown or the puppet?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:21 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:51 am Who was taking the money, Joe or Hunter?
Hunter for sure, first. But on the laptop, he laments having to give a big cut of it to "the Big Guy," in exchange for access. So the real answer is "Both HB and 'The Big Guy'."

Bobulinksi says that's JB. But we can wait for the investigation, and find out if that's true.

...Donald Trump...

To refer to him to clear JB here is an "et tu quoque" fallacy, meaning, an argument to the affect that one man's misdeeds can be covered over if we can find somebody else who we can allege might have done the same thing. That doesn't work. Even if there were two wrongs, two wrongs wouldn't make one of them right.

I'm not arguing that one's misdeeds can be covered over if someone else has done the same thing. Your position makes no sense to me. Are you saying that it's OK for Trump's family to do something but not OK for anyone else to do the same thing? If Hunter Biden is doing something wrong, then the same applies to anyone who does that same thing. And all should be held accountable. Now perhaps HB is doing something uniquely worse, going over a line or something, in which case it would be the case that HB is in the wrong or else more in the wrong and should be held accountable, however, that sounds like something that the investigation will determine.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

tillingborn wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:36 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:29 am OFFENSIVE HALFWITTED RACIST NONSENSE - DELETED BY RICK.
And a Happy New Year to you sir. Tell me; is it a mark of intelligence to continue reading something that bores you?
Atla wrote: the US elections over yet? Who won the clown or the puppet?
Precisely.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:47 pm
tillingborn wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:36 am
Happy New Year, Atto. Sounds like you had a lively time at the pub.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 am The Biden family corruption that feeds off Joe’s influence peddling is being held in reserve until the presidency is settled.
That's possible.

I think it more likely, though, that the Democrats will keep that quiet until after Jan. 6, which, with the media's cooperation, they should have little trouble doing. Even after Jan. 6th, I don't think they'll need to reveal it. They'll just thank Joey for his service, announce that "his health" is in question, and he needs "time with his family," and send him off to play shuffleboard for the rest of his tenure. Then they'll install his unelected proxy, Kamala, as the least-admired and least-trusted, and least voted-for president in history, and declare it a victory for women and persons of colour, and then continue with her as the new puppet ruler.

That would be my best guess. But there's many a slip possible between here and there.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

tillingborn wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:27 am You should bear in mind that in the context of our exchanges, I am not the audience.
Yeah, for me, you are.