How about voice samples ?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

duszek

How about voice samples ?

Post by duszek »

I discovered librivox.org and I am married to my mp3 player at the moment.

A voice can express so much. How about some of you making a recording of their succinct wisdom and posting it here as an mp3 file ?
Then we could download such a file and listen to the words of wisdom while walking in the woods.

Then we could think of a good reply, rehearse it and post it here in a reply post.

Don´t you think it would give us a far better picture of the thinker behind the words ?
Luxin

deleted 450

Post by Luxin »

deleted 450
Last edited by Luxin on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sculptor

Re: How about voice samples ?

Post by Sculptor »

Luxin wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:16 pm A guru's Word may ring the heart bell,
but gurus don't come in flocks.
You are your own guru.
Listen to the Truth within;

You are kidding yourself.
The truth is OUT THERE.
All you have inside is your own fantasy world. Unless you engage with the world you shall be forever doomed to self gratified fantasy.
And, to be honest, you seems to exemplfy exactly that.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

duszek wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:55 pm I discovered librivox.org and I am married to my mp3 player at the moment.

A voice can express so much. How about some of you making a recording of their succinct wisdom and posting it here as an mp3 file ?
Then we could download such a file and listen to the words of wisdom while walking in the woods.

Then we could think of a good reply, rehearse it and post it here in a reply post.

Don´t you think it would give us a far better picture of the thinker behind the words ?
I don't think anyone here wants to be bothered with what other people around this forum think with regards to 'wisdom' or anything really, especially when trying to get some peace and respite whilst walking in a wooded area. Perhaps if one was carrying a shotgun on such a walk, one could blow all those words of 'wisdom' all over the trees...I would considering much of the drivel going on around here.

I started a thread some time ago to suggest people install a free chat app the entire gaming community use called DISCORD. I opened a channel up one evening, but nobody joined - you really do need a headset and mic. also.

DISCORD is really good quality for many people to conference in, and while chatting people can post URLs into a feed for further discussion, its pretty bloody good if anyone actually wanted to discuss stuff from PHN etc.. orally.

...anyway that's my two bobs worth.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Luxin wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:16 pm A guru's Word may ring the heart bell,
but gurus don't come in flocks.
You are your own guru.
Listen to the Truth within;
in silence, It speaks. (Luxin 230)

There is nothing wrong with ego. It's a necessary part of personality. It just needs to be trained and not consider itself infallible. In short, the most external, extensible part of one's self should not promote or defend itself as if it were a fortified medieval castle.
Luxin

deleted 441

Post by Luxin »

deleted 441
Last edited by Luxin on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Luxin wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:49 pm Angel Dubious,

Ramakrishna didn't say there is anything wrong with ego; he said that one cannot get rid of ego. It is a natural part of everyone; however, when it is not checked by reason, it inevitably replaces God. An unchecked ego effectively becomes a person's god, and it really has no idea what is right.
Yes, that does in fact seem to be the case. Ego has always been vulnerable to hyper-inflation. It remains a necessity in spite of that and as such cannot be gotten rid of. Instead of replacing god a bloated viral ego simply manifests symptoms of irrationality considering itself a higher authority, virtually infallible; when reason attacks, it defends whatever image it has of itself perpetuating the anomaly. A mutilated ego is one that seldom retreats.