What is the only decent purpose for living as a human being?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: What is the only decent purpose for living as a human being?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:50 pm Welcome in Lace, it's bin a while. . nice to see you back, I thought you' might of died of covid, thankfully you haven't..:D
Thanks.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:50 pmtigers do tiger things, and dolphins do dolphin things, and people do people things..there's nothing more to this than that.
I like that.

So, hmm... I wonder... what would we say are "people things"? And are such conclusions how we limit and/or delude ourselves?
I personally think ''people things'' ..are a private issue, and that what people do is their own business, and no one elses business.
What people 'do' might be their OWN business, but what the 'people things' ARE, EXACTLY, is a completely OTHER issue.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm However, for me personally, I feel limited to what I can do as a person because the things to do are so endless and vast.
But if 'you' LOOKED 'collectively' instead of 'individually', then, in the True sense of, 'things to do are so endless and vast' can be SEEN, and thus RESOLVED.

LOOKING 'collectively' instead of 'individually' then 'feeling limited' is relieved to being near non existent.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm The main life principle that I always try to adopt is to just be in the present moment, and only think about things when I need to remember something. Oh and to never physically harm another sentient creature.
Why ONLY the 'sentient'?

Do you think it is okay to physically harm, think polluting, the actual planet, which 'you', human beings and ALL other sentient life, after all, NEED for your continued existence?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm And just knowing I am a harmless being gives my life a purpose to be, and that purpose is just to make my life as comfortable as I can.
'Comfortable' for 'who/what', EXACTLY?

The Honest answer to this REVEALS MORE.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm I know I can only control myself.
KNOWING Thy Self helps TREMENDOUSLY in being able to be in FULL control of Thy Self.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm I know it is me who has to take full responsibilty for my own actions.
This is EXTREMELY True. But BE AWARE that this has NOT ALWAYS been the case.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm I know I have no power to change the way other people choose to live their life.
I would NOT say; "No power".
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm Mental attitude is of prime importance to me, because I know that if that goes, I'm done.
Literally, by the way.

When 'you' discover or learn what the 'people things' ARE EXACTLY, then you will FULLY UNDERSTAND how 'literal' that was what you said here.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm I like to keep my 6th sense clean, and prefer to stay invisible.
What is "your" '6th sense', EXACTLY, and who/what else has this '6th sense'?

'I', literally, am 'invisible'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm That's why I like being here at the forum where I can share my knowledge with like minded folk. Without moving a muscle. :)

Why with ONLY the, so called, 'like minded'?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:21 pm I'm very aware that some of the things I say here are very abstract, and nonsensical to most people.

And I think that is because we all live in our own little reality bubbles that is our own personal purpose for being.
But there is NO actual 'personal purpose' for being. Of course, other than those 'personal purposes', which are 'individually' made and created. Which, by the way, ALL fall under the banner of 'greed'.

There IS, however, an underlying 'purpose' for being, for the human being collectively.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm Having said that, I am also aware that some people choose evil actions as their purpose for being, it's never a black and white world for human being, there's lots of really weird grey areas too. . I tend to avoid those grey types of people as much as I can. :D
But 'you' ARE 'one' of those, so called, "grey types of people".

Also, some people may choose 'evil actions', but do NOT forget that some of what 'you' choose to do is also classed as an 'evil action' to some one "else".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 am

What people 'do' might be their OWN business, but what the 'people things' ARE, EXACTLY, is a completely OTHER issue.
Yes, I can see and understand what you are saying here Age.

Thank you for the clarification. ( Clarity )

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm However, for me personally, I feel limited to what I can do as a person because the things to do are so endless and vast.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amBut if 'you' LOOKED 'collectively' instead of 'individually', then, in the True sense of, 'things to do are so endless and vast' can be SEEN, and thus RESOLVED.
Yes, I can see that now, whereas I never thought about that idea before. .so thanks I agree with this idea.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amLOOKING 'collectively' instead of 'individually' then 'feeling limited' is relieved to being near non existent.
Agreed.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm The main life principle that I always try to adopt is to just be in the present moment, and only think about things when I need to remember something. Oh and to never physically harm another sentient creature.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amWhy ONLY the 'sentient'?
Because as far as I am aware, or know....from the perspective of my knowledge, I cannot know if a non-sentience feels pain or pleasure.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amDo you think it is okay to physically harm, think polluting, the actual planet, which 'you', human beings and ALL other sentient life, after all, NEED for your continued existence?
I agree with this in the sense harm to the planet is caused by pollution to the very thing that sustains the sentient life in the first place. So yes, harm extends to non-sentience as well, thanks for raising that awareness in me here.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm And just knowing I am a harmless being gives my life a purpose to be, and that purpose is just to make my life as comfortable as I can.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 am'Comfortable' for 'who/what', EXACTLY?

The Honest answer to this REVEALS MORE.
Comfortable for the one who knows and who is experiencing the pain or the pleasure. . So I'm talking about that one.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm I know I can only control myself.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amKNOWING Thy Self helps TREMENDOUSLY in being able to be in FULL control of Thy Self.
Yes, I agree.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm I know it is me who has to take full responsibilty for my own actions.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amThis is EXTREMELY True. But BE AWARE that this has NOT ALWAYS been the case.
Why not?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm I know I have no power to change the way other people choose to live their life.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amI would NOT say; "No power".
Ok I understand, simply because I have already refuted the claim to ever having it.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm Mental attitude is of prime importance to me, because I know that if that goes, I'm done.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amLiterally, by the way.

When 'you' discover or learn what the 'people things' ARE EXACTLY, then you will FULLY UNDERSTAND how 'literal' that was what you said here.
I totally agree. I understand what you've said. I would even say I'd written that myself.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm I like to keep my 6th sense clean, and prefer to stay invisible.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amWhat is "your" '6th sense', EXACTLY, and who/what else has this '6th sense'?

'I', literally, am 'invisible'.
What is the 6th sense is the automatic knowing of something being right or wrong in the immediate moment prior to the event even having happened yet, prior to the actual outcome of the event. It's like you know something before you know it, but don't know how you know...if that makes sense?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm That's why I like being here at the forum where I can share my knowledge with like minded folk. Without moving a muscle. :)

Age wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 amWhy with ONLY the, so called, 'like minded'?
Because I only like to be around what feels nice, good, true and comfortable?
I tend to want to move away from the opposite of that because I do not feel the opposite to good which is bad to be my true nature...if that makes sense.