What is the only decent purpose for living as a human being?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

What is the only decent purpose for living as a human being?

Post by Dontaskme »

The purpose for human existence is for humans to create artificial escape routes of pure bliss fantasy and imagination as and through their self created virtual reality games.

The purpose is to escape the real world of unimaginable pain in the ass torture and horror to a place of permanent bliss and happiness.

The purpose of human life is to play “ANIMAL CROSSING” by Nintendo...there’s no other purpose for living, unless you can think of another?

Impenitent

Re: What is the only decent purpose for living as a human being?

Post by Impenitent »

pong is good

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 pm pong is good

-Imp
Ah ya, pong, an oldie but goodie..but never quite hit the spot for me. 🤷‍♀️ Nonetheless it was no doubt the stirrings of something to come, something that was destined to hit the bullseye, something extremely and extraordinarily special.👍
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

man is responsible for the wonders that are...

bacon

coffee

tobacco

duct tape

...man can rest easy now knowin' he has added to the sum of Reality

Post by Age »

Making life better.

But one would have to discover, or learn, what the meaning of 'life' is first.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:53 pm man is responsible for the wonders that are...

bacon

coffee

tobacco

duct tape

...man can rest easy now knowin' he has added to the sum of Reality
and shotguns...I forgot shotguns
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:54 am Making life better.
Why make it better, is it broken?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:21 pm
If you can SEE the abuse that children have to live through, and suffer from, from adult human beings, then it could well be argued, very soundly and very validly, that life is broken, in the days when this is being written.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm
If you can SEE the abuse that children have to live through, and suffer from, from adult human beings, then it could well be argued, very soundly and very validly, that life is broken, in the days when this is being written.

Maybe it's time to stop playing stupid dumb broken games.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:08 am
Age wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Maybe it's time to stop playing stupid dumb broken games.
Maybe it is time for "dontaskme" to stop, but some "others" prefer to fix what is broken, and heal what is ill. That way 'we' this will help in ALL being able to live together, as One, in peace and harmony.

By the way, the game, which is Life, Itself, is NEVER actually broken. This is because this game is played for FUN only. There are NO losers, NOR winners. This game is played on a level playing field, and for ALL, EQUALLY.

But you just have to KNOW the rules first.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:33 pmBy the way, the game, which is Life, Itself, is NEVER actually broken. This is because this game is played for FUN only. There are NO losers, NOR winners. This game is played on a level playing field, and for ALL, EQUALLY.

'we' break the rules just so 'we' can fix the rules, the rules must be well and truely fixed ...Seems like a really fun game for dumb people.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:31 pm The purpose for human existence is for humans to create artificial escape routes of pure bliss fantasy and imagination as and through their self created virtual reality games.

The purpose is to escape the real world of unimaginable pain in the ass torture and horror to a place of permanent bliss and happiness.

The purpose of human life is to play “ANIMAL CROSSING” by Nintendo...there’s no other purpose for living, unless you can think of another?

I like reading books; playing Kakuro; and messing about with clay. I used to play computer games. Most of these activities have much the same effect as you descibe with Animal Crossing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:30 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:31 pm The purpose for human existence is for humans to create artificial escape routes of pure bliss fantasy and imagination as and through their self created virtual reality games.

I like reading books; playing Kakuro; and messing about with clay. I used to play computer games. Most of these activities have much the same effect as you descibe with Animal Crossing.
Anything to take the mind off the horror that is real reality is good enough for me. Animal Crossing is top of my list though, I get to make a perfect world, a world that only exists as a fiction, far removed from actual reality, which really is not perfect, what more could I ever ask or want for. :D

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:48 pm
Age wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:33 pmBy the way, the game, which is Life, Itself, is NEVER actually broken. This is because this game is played for FUN only. There are NO losers, NOR winners. This game is played on a level playing field, and for ALL, EQUALLY.

'we' break the rules just so 'we' can fix the rules, the rules must be well and truely fixed ...
But how could the rules be, so called, "fixed" if as 'you' just admitted that 'you' "break the rules"?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:31 am Seems like a really fun game for dumb people.
Why, to 'you', does this game seem like a really fun game for ONLY those who do NOT speak?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:50 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Anything to take the mind off the horror that is real reality is good enough for me. Animal Crossing is top of my list though, I get to make a perfect world, a world that only exists as a fiction, far removed from actual reality, which really is not perfect, what more could I ever ask or want for. :D
Aside from reading philosophy, most of my reading falls into one of two basic categories; historical and sci-fi. They both take me out of the present, and minimise the thought of the limitedness of existence.