Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: US Presidential Election 2020

Post by attofishpi »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:12 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:06 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:12 am

probable sadly.
I don't know why it always comes down to muppets being nominated to run the country, never a down to Earth lass or lad that actually has some ethics and gumption...mmm strange that. $_TAR_$ & $_TRIPE_$ too many scum in each others pockets unfortunately.
yes - esp. "citizen's united" via my SC legalizing unlimited $$$$$ by special lobbyists to buy the candidate - all of then on all sides (just $ buy out both sides - so one need not bet on the winner). so ya U.S. is functionally fucked - and formally since 2008?

you are an Ausie? or UKer - i forget, but think maybe the former. do you have a SC ruling that legalized $ buying out your candidates (yet?).

at least you guys have more than "2" parities, my Nations "fixed" the system and removed viable 3rd parties from power 75 yrs ago.
Yes Aussie born in UK - moved here at 15.

I don't generally talk about politics gaffo - a pile of unethical morons seem to occupy the realms of political muppetry, not worthy of wasting a thought on, unless people are going to actually make an effort to change the status quo.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:45 am One State, no Palitinian state, just Israel - one state for all or only for the Jews?

that is the reality since 2005.

its not "complex" at all it about Human Rights - one's home is where his/her heart is.

it about justice, its simple!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5zw3Yz-yas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1VTt_THL4A
It seems like a difficult issue to come to grips with. As I say, I understand the desire of Jews to have a home state, given all the persecution and prejudice that they have faced in their history. But, of course, the situation on the WB seems to be a human rights disaster.

A few days ago I saw that second video you posted above. It seems like a difficult question as far as whether or not anti-zionism amounts to antisemitism. I mean, I suppose the two ladies speaking in favor of the proposition may have valid points as far as the position of Germans toward Jews starting out somewhat humbly and seemingly innocent and justified but then we all know what happened with that eventually. I find it difficult to believe anymore in many things I used to think of as ideals. :(
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:56 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:12 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:06 am

I don't know why it always comes down to muppets being nominated to run the country, never a down to Earth lass or lad that actually has some ethics and gumption...mmm strange that. $_TAR_$ & $_TRIPE_$ too many scum in each others pockets unfortunately.
yes - esp. "citizen's united" via my SC legalizing unlimited $$$$$ by special lobbyists to buy the candidate - all of then on all sides (just $ buy out both sides - so one need not bet on the winner). so ya U.S. is functionally fucked - and formally since 2008?

you are an Ausie? or UKer - i forget, but think maybe the former. do you have a SC ruling that legalized $ buying out your candidates (yet?).

at least you guys have more than "2" parities, my Nations "fixed" the system and removed viable 3rd parties from power 75 yrs ago.
Yes Aussie born in UK - moved here at 15.

I don't generally talk about politics gaffo - a pile of unethical morons seem to occupy the realms of political muppetry, not worthy of wasting a thought on, unless people are going to actually make an effort to change the status quo.
Understood, so you are an Ausie - though moving there when 15 - you identify yourself an ausie over brit, if say the brits were demented and decided to invade Australia. you would side with the Ausies (I assume).

thank for refreshing my memory - i'm just southerner Okie american with a poor mem.

thanks for reply and welcome future discussion about all thing with you "mate" bud.

;-).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:29 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:45 am One State, no Palitinian state, just Israel - one state for all or only for the Jews?

that is the reality since 2005.

its not "complex" at all it about Human Rights - one's home is where his/her heart is.

it about justice, its simple!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5zw3Yz-yas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1VTt_THL4A
It seems like a difficult issue to come to grips with. As I say, I understand the desire of Jews to have a home state, given all the persecution and prejudice that they have faced in their history. But, of course, the situation on the WB seems to be a human rights disaster.

A few days ago I saw that second video you posted above. It seems like a difficult question as far as whether or not anti-zionism amounts to antisemitism. I mean, I suppose the two ladies speaking in favor of the proposition may have valid points as far as the position of Germans toward Jews starting out somewhat humbly and seemingly innocent and justified but then we all know what happened with that eventually. I find it difficult to believe anymore in many things I used to think of as ideals. :(
thanks for your kind mind, and reply to me - i welcome discussion about Israel or anything else - there are human rights violations all over the world/ Weegers (30 yrs thing) - Myenmar muslims - millions killed in Myanmar by Buddists sine only the last 5 yrs.

its all about conscience, if you rejects inherited sin = my dad was Hitler (he had no sons of course, but Romm did, as did Borman - both from interview in the 70's 80's seem like good persons.

if you affirm the sins of the father does not visit the sons (Bible is conflicted - the Torah says it is - Ezekiel says it is not - take it up with God, I'm an Atheist and side with Ezekial. the the whole Holocost nightmare is reality - 6 million killed - is not relivent to the here and now of the persons living long after the 1940s. where the Jewish living in the WB are acting as the German Nazi's 70yrs prior!

only the actors have changed, the mindset is EXACTLY the same.

it is that simple - ignore history (unless you affirm inherited sin - if you do then we can talk about it -= i don't and so ignore it - and instead affirm individual agancy to do the the right thing as persons - regardless of rel/sex/race/etc.....or there Parents.