What is Wrong with me (my malfunction)????

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: What is Wrong with me (my malfunction)????

Post by gaffo »

duszek wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:06 pm Some of us don´t watch films often. I haven´t seen any of those you listed.
just re-watched my DVD copy via netflick copy of Ordinary People - since at least 4 yrs - copy is an old one - 13 yrs at least via a DVDr.

a movie that STILL is only offered via a piss poor DVD, it took Matewan 25 yrs, and finally since 1 yr ago to offer a not piss poor PAL!!!!!!!!! DVD, but an actual fully hideff Bluray, how much longer do we need to wait for the same for another top 10 movie of all time to be offered in the same hidef?

?????? 5? 10 or 30 or 300 yrs???????????

i do wonder.

view both movies, Matewan, and Ordinary People (the latter won the oscar in 1980/79? - so why not offered in decent pcit qualliy 40 yrs later? - still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!).

both movies call to the human condition, if you value that, take the time to watch them, thanks for reply.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:38 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:10 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Noting your lack of ...
That was as far as I read.
ok - your choice, when/if you wish to talk about history - vs your ego being hurt, i'll be around.

peace to you Sir.
I have a Master's in history.
I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a blunt stick than converse with an idiot who gets his history knowledge from the back of cereal packets and "WW2 for Dummies"
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:47 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:10 pm
That was as far as I read.
ok - your choice, when/if you wish to talk about history - vs your ego being hurt, i'll be around.

peace to you Sir.

Ok, i did not know. i have a bachelor's, but not in history, but have in interest.

as one gentlemen to another - I'd like to discuss Japan/Russia/America - 1945. without personal invective.

but for discussion's sake.

is that ok with you? it ok with me.

i don't like being a dick nor do i think you do - we dished it out toward each other - and to be honest i'm not sure "who started it" - but welcome clearing the slate, and to discuss history, which you know more than me, me being an interest amatuer.

i have no prob being schooled, nor agreeing to dissagree, nor calling you out when i think you are wrong in spite of your masters.

just sayin. this forum only serves a function when other here wish to discuss matters and i am humble enough to learn from other's council (and vise versa).
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:47 pm I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a blunt stick than converse with an idiot who gets his history knowledge from the back of cereal packets and "WW2 for Dummies"
I'm not a wuss, and do not take kindly to insults, but willing to offer a figleaf (peace toward you - a reset? - it up to you now) - I'm here not for my ego/insulting others, but to share my views and discuss matters.

in this thread - which morphed from movies folks do not value now - due to cultural decay (common humanity/human condition) is no longer valued sadly) - to Japan in Summer of 45.

I'm ok with that, and offer a fig leaf.

lets talk about Japan/russia and american in summer of 45 - as gentlemen.

OK?
i prob will not agree with you but welcome the correction if you provide a valid argument.

agreed?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:04 pm

peace to you Sir.

Ok, i did not know. i have a bachelor's, but not in history, but have in interest.

as one gentlemen to another - I'd like to discuss Japan/Russia/America - 1945. without personal invective.

i don't like being a dick nor do i think you do - we dished it out toward each other - and to be honest i'm not sure "who started it" - but welcome clearing the slate, and to discuss history, which you know more than me, me being an interest amatuer.

i have no prob being schooled, nor agreeing to dissagree, nor calling you out when i think you are wrong in spite of your masters.

just sayin. this forum only serves a function when other here wish to discuss matters and i am humble enough to learn from other's council (and vise versa).
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:47 pm I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a blunt stick than converse with an idiot who gets his history knowledge from the back of cereal packets and "WW2 for Dummies"
I'm not a wuss, and do not take kindly to insults, but willing to offer a figleaf (peace toward you - a reset? - it up to you now) - I'm here not for my ego/insulting others, but to share my views and discuss matters.

in this thread - which morphed from movies folks do not value now - due to cultural decay (common humanity/human condition) is no longer valued sadly) - to Japan in Summer of 45.

OK?
i prob will not agree with you but welcome the correction if you provide a valid argument.

agreed?
Please refer to the comments I made above.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:27 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:04 pm

OK?

agreed?
Please refer to the comments I made above.
guide me in what you said above? - i do value discussion., so lets discuss (1945) Sir!

thanks for reply, but welcome knowing what i may soon reply too/about.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

as much as i can rem i stated by june 42 Japan was done - midway lost them most of their top carriers, while we lost only 1/2 of ours.

so imo Japan lost the war that day - do you not agree, if not, lets talk about it! why so or not so?

and you think America was too war weary to continue the war 2 yrs after midway and doing so..........if you think so why do you think so?

I welcome discussion about history per this particular.

Japs had troop transports sailing toward midway, they assumed the battle would be won, and they would then occupy Midway, they were ordered to turn back soon after the jap defeat defeat. We can talk about the whole - rearming the carrier planes from torpedoes to bombs (or was it visa versa?) - heat of battle and all that/fog of war. AFIAK "we" caught the jap planes in the middle of re-armement - so bomb and fuel on the deck - so sitting duck for Akagi/Soryu(sp)/ect...........
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:51 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:27 pm Just another couple of old warmongers 'arguing' about the indefensible.
ya ok whatever.

I'm an idealist, and so why i affirm "the rule of law" - ie. if you sign a legal document, you abide by it.

i also like the concept if the universality of man - vs tribalism, and why i like the UN and affirm international law and treaties as law abiding.

---------
so ya North Vietnam - knowing they won the war by 73 (US was "out of there" - "just give us (US) the fiction of "peace" - so we can leave and declair "victory" ("peace with honour"!!!!!!!!!!) - like with Iraqnam and soon Afghanistan)................so ya they violated The Rule of Law in 75!!!!!! - after signing the a docutment that dissallowed their invasion 2 yrs later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya its called hypocrisy and self interest, and ya if the roles were reversed, i.e if NV was weak instead of SV, the SV would have done the same thing!

------------

i.e. so ya, being a hyporcite is not left/right, it just is. as not valuing the rule of law. if you don't like the contract, dont sign it!

but in an idealist/ still making war with windmills.
Only a warmonger takes such an avid interest in it (and I don't buy the 'I'm just interested in history' crap).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:27 pm Just another couple of old warmongers 'arguing' about the indefensible.
ya ok whatever.

I'm an idealist, and so why i affirm "the rule of law" - ie. if you sign a legal document, you abide by it.

i also like the concept if the universality of man - vs tribalism, and why i like the UN and affirm international law and treaties as law abiding.

---------
so ya North Vietnam - knowing they won the war by 73 (US was "out of there" - "just give us (US) the fiction of "peace" - so we can leave and declair "victory" ("peace with honour"!!!!!!!!!!) - like with Iraqnam and soon Afghanistan)................so ya they violated The Rule of Law in 75!!!!!! - after signing the a docutment that dissallowed their invasion 2 yrs later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya its called hypocrisy and self interest, and ya if the roles were reversed, i.e if NV was weak instead of SV, the SV would have done the same thing!

------------

i.e. so ya, being a hyporcite is not left/right, it just is. as not valuing the rule of law. if you don't like the contract, dont sign it!

Only a warmonger takes such an avid interest in it (and I don't buy the 'I'm just interested in history' crap).
??????? i don't follow you. I'm not the brightest, welcome short sentances and small words.

i.e welcome clarification.

thanks.

Scuplture claims America was too war weary to conclude ww2 via invading Japan, and instead i think he is saying was dropped the bombs to end the war before Russia would have invade Japan.

he is a Master's in history, i do not. take that as you shall.

he's wrong per history.

America was war weary but so was Japan (and Russia - hell everyone was by 1945) - but America had the means to invade Japan herself - unlike Russia in late summer of 45.

Russia was central to Germany's defeat - and YA good riddance (though note the shitty Eastern European occupation for 70 - only a little better than a Germanic one IMO).

per Japan, America was the sole conquerer of Japan, and Russia was utterly irrelivant.

but Sculpture has the Master, unlike me, so ignore me and listen to Sculpture.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:09 am

ya ok whatever.

---------

------------

??????? i don't follow you. I'm not the brightest, welcome short sentances and small words.

thanks.

Scuplture claims America was too war weary to conclude ww2 via invading Japan, and instead i think he is saying was dropped the bombs to end the war before Russia would have invade Japan.

he's wrong per history.

America was war weary but so was Japan (and Russia - hell everyone was by 1945) - but America had the means to invade Japan herself - unlike Russia in late summer of 45.

Russia was central to Germany's defeat - and YA good riddance (though note the shitty Eastern European occupation for 70 - only a little better than a Germanic one IMO).

per Japan, America was the sole conquerer of Japan, and Russia was utterly irrelivant.

I don't listen to either of you two warmonering bores. And anyone who boasts about their degrees is a fool.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:29 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:09 am

thanks.

he's wrong per history.

I don't listen to either of you two warmonering bores. And anyone who boasts about their degrees is a fool.
lol, understood.

welcome your views about ww2 and Japan nontheless, if you wish to add your understanding of those events.

still awaiting Sculptures education of how America was not will nor able to invade Japan in fall of 45, while somehow Russia was both and would have.

lol