Does insanity have any responsibility?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Does insanity have any responsibility?

Post by Dontaskme »

Resonsibilty comes with the dynamic of cause and effect, as self aware beings we are responsible for our actions, within the dream of separation.

In reality, there's just everything and nothing expressing itself infinitely for eternity playing out every role that can possibly be imagined that no one or thing is making happen. There is no button to turn this SHOW on or off - there is no dress rehearsal, or time machine to change what is happening to what is not happening, because everything and nothing is appearing LIVE in realtime, right here and now, the only place there is.

So even the action of murdering someone by hacking them to death with a sharp knife is part of what no one or thing is making happen.

Ultimately, there is no one acting each role, if there was then that conscience would be able to stop the action before it happened. This conscience can only be known to itself within the play of opposites, aka (duality) in space and time, which is the imagined dream of separation. In other words one could not have known they'd had an intention unless they were aware of that intention. To be aware, requires two things, a subject and an object to appear in the exact same moment as one thing.

You are Awareness. There is only everything and nothing.

Mental illness is an appearance of Nothing, which is Everything. So in essence Everything is mental... and has about as much substance and reality to it as does the events within a dream.

And it seems we like some aspects of the dream more than others, and so we fight withour own demons without realising they don't actually exist, except as myths and magic in the imagination, the dream of separation.

Moreover, violence in movies and books are all known to you because you are reading and watching those ideas, they're all you. When you watch a violent movie or read a violent book, you do not think of the author of the book as having some kind of a mental illness for writing down those violent thoughts, because you already know those thoughts are not real....well the twist is the one you think you are here as your identified character is also a thought, and so what you think is your personal life here as a character in realtime everyday events is also a just a fictional thought like in a book or movie, and this fiction is an appearance in Awareness.

But you don't like to hear that, and is why you say to yourself and others you must be INSANE to THINK thoughts like that.. even though you have no problem converting thoughts into movies and books ...well it's all the same one reality, what appears real in waking life, and not real in books and movies is all appearing to the same one Awareness...It's all you're own show, and you do not need to show up to your own show...now that is the only true madness here, because to show up to your own show, you'd have to split yourself in two.

Thanks for probably not reading , but for what it's worth, it was a free story book... No one wrote.

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Lacewing wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:04 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:33 pm I don't know if "extremism" is a form of insanity.
You've come up with some great examples of extremism.

However, please note that I'm not claiming that all forms of supposed difference or extremism are insane! Seriously. I'm saying that being extreme is a characteristic of being insane, along with the other characteristics I provided. If you can't relate to such an observation -- if you've never encountered a person in your life who was acting insane -- that's wonderful! :D
What sort of extremism are you referring to? What would be an example of extremism that is insane?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:41 pmDoes insanity have any responsibility?
The question is not sane. Not correct sentence construction, hence illogical.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:38 am What sort of extremism are you referring to? What would be an example of extremism that is insane?
I've already described what I'm referring to. And I've already said, extremism is not insanity -- but insanity seems to have a characteristic of extremism IN COMBINATION with other characteristics (which I've already described). There is not some kind of specific list of examples. People uniquely manifest and express their forms of insanity, using all kinds of characteristics.

The question of my thread is whether or not people who are being insane bear any responsibility for inflicting that insanity onto others? If they are aware enough to function in society, but they are spewing madness in all directions, do they have a responsibility to take medication or dial back their madness (under their control), or do they just let it rip because they don't hold themselves accountable?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:55 am
:lol: That response coming from a person who babbles and fantasizes about being associated with a sage while he acts like a completely mindless and drunken fool, continually picking apart words into meaningless bits and pieces like a child playing with blocks, and obsessing over his own dick.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:26 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:55 am
:lol: That response coming from a person who babbles and fantasizes about being associated with a sage while he acts like a completely mindless and drunken fool, continually picking apart words into meaningless bits and pieces like a child playing with blocks, and obsessing over his own dick.
...Babbles and fantasizes
----------- should that not be bubbles and fantasizes - that fizzy orange 'soda' drink?

...acts like a completely mindless and drunken fool
-------- well so long as I am only acting hey? Being drunk is foolish though - you are partially correct - finally! Yes, the sage is getting angry with my drunken state - hence I ain't drinkin.

....continually picking apart words into meaningless bits and pieces
----------if you think words I have broken down (into sub WORDS) as meaningless, then you don't understand what a word IS.

....and obsessing over his own dick.
-----------I have no idea what you are talking about (as usual) - so it appears you have been fantasizing over my dick, and why wouldn't you? Thats all bimbos are capable of.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:17 pm
The question of my thread is whether or not people who are being insane bear any responsibility for inflicting that insanity onto others?
But how would you know if another person is being insane?

And also, if someone is insane, why would that bother you?

And why would the insane person have to take responsibilty for someones elses offensive reaction to their insanity? unless we are talking about someone who is deliberately coming at you with a knife wanting to stab you to death? then yeah, that person should take more responsibilty for their insane actions. But then what if the person is just way too beyond reproach to act responsibly....wouldn't that be disrepectful on your part expecting someone you have irresponsibly claimed to be irresponsible when they obviously can't be responsible?

And isn't it also irresponsible to claim someone else is insane when you have absolutely no proof of such a claim, except through what your own perception of them is that you have projected at them....? Can someone elses insanity make you insane too? Wow, if that were true, then that person would have quite a lot of power, in that they could give their insanity to someone else. And would you honestly allow an insane person to have that sort of power over you? surely if you had any sense, you'd run a mile, and ignore them completely...you wouldn't whinge and moan about it, not unless of course your life was being threatened by this insane person, then yeah, that's a much bigger issue.

This thread topic does not make any rational sense, within the human condition whatsoever.

Unless you can prove otherwise.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri May 08, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Lacewing wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:17 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:38 am What sort of extremism are you referring to? What would be an example of extremism that is insane?
I've already described what I'm referring to. And I've already said, extremism is not insanity -- but insanity seems to have a characteristic of extremism IN COMBINATION with other characteristics (which I've already described). There is not some kind of specific list of examples. People uniquely manifest and express their forms of insanity, using all kinds of characteristics.

The question of my thread is whether or not people who are being insane bear any responsibility for inflicting that insanity onto others? If they are aware enough to function in society, but they are spewing madness in all directions, do they have a responsibility to take medication or dial back their madness (under their control), or do they just let it rip because they don't hold themselves accountable?
I apologize. I went back over your posts and I didn't notice any concrete examples given of the insanity you are referring to that I could discern. Going off your OP it says "insanity is demonstrated by forms of extremism". So I was trying to determine what would be an example of the extremism you are referring to or what the connection is between extremism and insanity. As I say, insanity is formally defined as having a severe departure from reality. Informally, of course, we use it for all sorts of things, such as saying, "skydiving is insane" or "Hitler was insane" and stuff like that. But I don't think it's really "insanity" if the person isn't delusional and has an accurate awareness of what they are doing and why.

You ask if insanity has any responsibility. If you are talking about clinical insanity, then, no, I would say a person who is clinically insane does not have such responsibility if their action was performed when they were in a psychotic state. That is also reflected in our courts by a "plea of insanity". However, if a person knows what they are doing and just has bad will or something, then yes they are responsible for their bad will because they presumably are of sound mind and body and can change their behavior.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

To the last 3 responses... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you're having fun. I am.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:24 pm To the last 3 responses... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine what would happen if insanity would cause people to be in pain. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:24 pm To the last 3 responses... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the fish.

It's fun to bite the bait, just for the fish. :wink:
Atla

Post by Atla »

Atla wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Hmm by the off chance that I'll become God, I'll definitely add that feature to the universe. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:42 pm
Atla wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Hmm by the off chance that I'll become God, I'll definitely add that feature to the universe. :)
Urh, that'll be just more pain-t upon the blank canvas then. God never came,there really is no one in that come..
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I take it you don't want to have a serious discussion about the topic of your post?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:48 pm

I take it you don't want to have a serious discussion about the topic of your post?
You CANNOT be serious!!