Does insanity have any responsibility?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Does insanity have any responsibility?

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:49 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:48 pm
Lacewing wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:24 pm To the last 3 responses... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you're having fun. I am.
I take it you don't want to have a serious discussion about the topic of your post?
You CANNOT be serious!!
What do you mean? Why can't I be serious?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:51 pm

I take it you don't want to have a serious discussion about the topic of your post?
You CANNOT be serious!!
Ask John McEnroe..it was a joke. . never mind. :mrgreen:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:53 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:51 pm

You CANNOT be serious!!
Ask John McEnroe..it was a joke. . never mind. :mrgreen:
OK.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Lacewing wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:24 pm To the last 3 responses... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you're having fun. I am.
I've responded to you multiple times, and you continue questioning words out of context and ignoring the broader explanation I've provided, so either you are lacking comprehension or you are being bull-headed about certain words that trigger you.

DAM is just throwing out defensive questions because her mind is blown from making so many insanity salads. So she can munch on all of it -- it's to her liking -- I'm not interested.

Atto is a liar and a drunk, who can't remember what he says when he's drunk -- but he claims there's a sage who guides him in being an asshole.

You wonder why I don't take these responses more seriously. :lol:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:41 pm Thanks for the fish.

It's fun to bite the bait, just for the fish. :wink:
Stirring the pot. Entertained by the images and reactions that appear in the swirls of the mixture. It's useful and fun to be a little witchy in life.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:43 pm I don't understand why you aren't taking my responses seriously.
So the efforts I put forth responding to you seriously was unrecognized and a waste of time. Got it!
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:43 pmI don't see where you've answered a single one of my questions or given any other response to my posts, other than "I've already said".
Maybe you don't see because you keep obsessing about out-of-context fragments which I have no interest in exploring down a rabbit hole with you.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:43 pmYou seem to insist on your definition of "insanity"
I'm not trying to provide a specific definition of insanity. I've described the characteristics my thread is focused on. I've pointed out definitions which can apply without clinical diagnosis, and I've explained that -- from my perspective -- the characteristics can vary for everyone. I'm talking about insane thinking and behavior that can come and go for people (as I've said), and whether or not there is any awareness or sense of responsibility about the impacts of that.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Lacewing wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:02 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:43 pmYou seem to insist on your definition of "insanity"
I'm not trying to provide a specific definition of insanity. I've described the characteristics my thread is focused on. I've pointed out definitions which can apply without clinical diagnosis, and I've explained that -- from my perspective -- the characteristics can vary for everyone. I'm talking about insane thinking and behavior that can come and go for people (as I've said), and whether or not there is any awareness or sense of responsibility about the impacts of that.
OK. Fair enough.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:02 pm I'm not trying to provide a specific definition of insanity. I've described the characteristics my thread is focused on. I've pointed out definitions which can apply without clinical diagnosis, and I've explained that -- from my perspective -- the characteristics can vary for everyone. I'm talking about insane thinking and behavior that can come and go for people (as I've said), and whether or not there is any awareness or sense of responsibility about the impacts of that.

The actual real truth of the matter is...Who told you - you are INSANE??

...The actual real truth of the matter is... no person here on earth can tell themself anything about themself or the world out there EVER... And that any thing they do become aware of can only come from knowledge, aka another source. So where does knowledge come from, it comes straight from the original sources source of knowing...ta da! :o

So then what happens is the original not-knowing innocent ignorant one, then slips into it's own designer labeled suit, the one that suits it the best, it does this just to cover up it's nakedness that previously had no self, just because it wants to have a self... and that's the good news. The bad news is, there never was anything there underneath or up that skirt to cover up, all you did is just make a puppet out of your nakedness, and now we all know how puppets love the smell of their own perfume, and also how they love the taste of their own flavor. So eat and smell your own shit salad, because you made it, so only you can lie in it.

Meta rant over and out. :mrgreen:

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:22 amblah, blah, blah
A big bowl of DAM's special insanity salad. It's strange that you gobble on it the way that you do if you think it's made out of shit. I can read a few lines of what you write and walk away from your buffet. Your menu has gone downhill! I know you've served up better at times. Maybe you're using too many old and wilted ingredients these days.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:02 am
I can read a few lines of what you write and walk away from your buffet.
Walk away as much as you like, but you can't walk away forever, you're already proving that to be the case, because here you are again, walking right back into what you can walk away from. .do you like walking backwards :D ...I guess you do, especially when you get hungry for some more salad. Hey, and who knows, if you are lucky, in your search to feed your hunger search, I might just drop some dressing on it for you, and maybe, if you are extra lucky, I might even leave some meat on the bone for you to chew on as well, but I'm guessing you are a veggie kind of girl, since all I hear about from you there is salad . . salad .. salad...the bigger the bowl, the better it seems... :lol:

It always amuses me when people ask questions...then when the answers are shown to them, they don't want it. It's like why ask then. Never could work out why they just can't answer their own questions, but there you go, that's irrationality for you.

If they'd just answer their own questions then maybe, just maybe they'd get an answer that they like, and want,and could relate to.
If they are looking for an answer from someone else, and then like the answer they are given, then why don't they question where did that person get the answer from that I was looking for...they could ask themselves well if they have the answer , then surely I have aswell. . simples.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Does it seem that there are more insane people on this forum than sane ones?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:41 pm Insanity is demonstrated by forms of extremism.

So, I wonder, ASIDE from the most extreme and diagnosed forms of having an incapacitating mental disorder:

Is insanity an excuse to not care about ones effect on humankind or life?

Does insanity disregard having honor for truth and honesty?

Is insanity a rejection of ALL (oneself, others, life, love, connection, ALL)?

Such attitudes seem to be present in those who rage against the inferiority of the world, while proclaiming themselves to be above it. Yet their extremism has cracks that cannot stand up to honest, sane examination... so they dive deeper into the murky depths of their insanity, spewing up rancid bubbles, rather than bravely and responsibly facing what is illuminated in the Sun.

Does a person have any responsibility to life and everything else in it, through what they make/allow of themselves? Is insanity a claim of being a victim... rather than being a responsible part of ALL?
As many men know, at certain times of the month women exhibit emotional reactions once defined by a university study as "going bananas." But there is another side to the argument. Socrates describes both
Socrates is often credited with the quote, “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you will be happy. If you get a bad one, you will be a philosopher.”
What must a man sacrifice for philosophy? A tough choice for a man.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 am
What must a man sacrifice for philosophy? A tough choice for a man.
I personally think mature grown men and women should become hermits and live the solo life. That way, all would be well at all times.

No choices to make, no arguments, no stress, no responsibilty, just pure being, who you always are, always have been, and always will be, just me myself and I, your own best friend, mother and father forever and ever, Amen, Ah bliss. :mrgreen: :D :lol:

But then of course, it's each to their own, after all, it's their heaven or hell...or both together, whatever grooves with ya.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 am As many men know, at certain times of the month women exhibit emotional reactions once defined by a university study as "going bananas."
Whereas, a lot of men can be stupid all the time. :D
Nick_A wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 am Socrates is often credited with the quote, “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you will be happy. If you get a bad one, you will be a philosopher.”
That's funny! :-) Maybe the same could be said for women getting a good husband.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:33 am I personally think mature grown men and women should become hermits and live the solo life. That way, all would be well at all times.

No choices to make, no arguments, no stress, no responsibilty, just pure being, who you always are, always have been, and always will be, just me myself and I, your own best friend, mother and father forever and ever, Amen, Ah bliss. :mrgreen: :D :lol:

But then of course, it's each to their own, after all, it's their heaven or hell...or both together, whatever grooves with ya.
I hear ya! Being a happy hermit has served me well for many years at different points throughout my life, and admittedly enabled me to accomplish a lot. Over a year ago, I met a guy who made me laugh a lot, but I discovered quickly how he could turn my life and energy completely upside down with his lack of awareness and instability, such that I would lose ground and feel depleted. So I eagerly went back to being a hermit!

Then at the beginning of the global pandemic :shock: this year, I met a guy who is a good, conscious soul, and a sweet man. We're very good to and for each other, and it just feels right when we're together. We stay in the moment. Although he voted for Trump (hahaha!!), which would normally be a deal-breaker for me, he's not a big Trump supporter, and we connect on so much more way beyond that. It feels easy, fun, and natural. I'm welcoming each moment of it with open arms. I truly was not expecting I'd ever meet anyone I could have this kind of experience with. We simply never know how the waves and tides will come together, DAM. Although we may be radiating our hearts out to the Universe, there is much to us that we may be unaware of ourselves. Like you, I think we just have to do our best to keep our vibration true and lovingly open no matter what, because there is extraordinary sweetness in that of itself!

I think it would be a good idea for a lot of people to have some time being a hermit... as well as, not having kids right away. Seems like many people don't get the opportunity to develop their own personal growth when they're so focused on caretaking and negotiating with others. I like to think that we come here for more than popping out more humans. It's such a beautiful landscape to explore through so many layers/levels if we don't get corralled into typical and fearful herd mentality... affecting our physical choices as well as our spiritual ones.