Coronavirus Craziness

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Coronavirus Craziness

Post by Gary Childress »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:40 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:28 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:33 pm Police in the UK have stopped people buying fags, booze and easter eggs as they are not "essential".
Over here our local government has firearms retailers listed as "essential" businesses. Yes. Our society is insane.
the constitution says they are essential...

-Imp
For the purposes of maintaining a militia to fight off Indians and the British. I don't think the founding fathers meant for us to be shooting each other. Times have changed.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:29 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:39 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:41 pm Your responses are wasted on me, they are just meaningless words heard as blah blah blah.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about ever, so I don't know why you even bother responding to me.
If I could just grasp what ever it is you are trying to say to me then I guess we could be singing from the same page, but I'm just being honest with you, nothing you say makes any sense to me.
Do you have any insight into your projection?
Yeah, I see it as a movie show passing through.
Then in other words, no.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:37 pm Wow. Just saw a religious commercial on TV during the morning news... and here’s what Billy Graham’s son said:

Maybe your heart has been gripped by fear as millions of others have during this Coronavirus pandemic
But I want you to know that God loves you
He made you, he created you
He knows everything about your life
You don’t need to be afraid
Jesus said I’ll never leave you nor forsake you
If you’ve never invited Jesus Christ into your heart
If you’ve never trusted him as your saviour
You can pray right now, so do that.
Just simply pray this prayer:
God, I’m a sinner
I’m sorry for my sins
I believe Jesus Christ is your son
And I want to invite him to come into my heart, and into my life
I’m willing to trust him as my saviour, and follow him as my lord
And I pray this in Jesus name.
If you pray that prayer -- Call this number that’s on the screen, do it right now. We’ve got someone who will pray with you, and talk with you and encourage you. God bless.
Just another piece of human trash that ought to be exterminated who only manage to make a living by a plethora of idiots (most of them in the US of A) granting the loathsome son of a decrepit father the means to live exceedingly well.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:33 pm Police in the UK have stopped people buying fags, booze and easter eggs as they are not "essential".
Over here our local government has firearms retailers listed as "essential" businesses. Yes. Our society is insane.
Is the capacity to self-defend, is the desire to self-defend, insane?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:07 am
It's not like you're going to shoot the virus, is it?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:
I fear absolutely nothing. I trust in God's ways only. ...
You know this 'God' how?
As for my comments...I'm just reporting my surround. ...
Like I said, selective resding and confirmation bias.
Your responses are wasted on me, they are just meaningless words heard as blah blah blah. ...
They're not really for you as you are clearly an idiot. They are for others who may read what you say.
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about ever, so I don't know why you even bother responding to me. ...
See above.
If I could just grasp what ever it is you are trying to say to me then I guess we could be singing from the same page, but I'm just being honest with you, nothing you say to me makes any sense to me. ...
Maybe a philosophy forum is not for you then.
There is only God.
Glad you've got your faith back but you know this how?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:10 am
henry quirk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:07 am

It's not like you're going to shoot the virus, is it?
No, but in civil unrest, I'll damn well shoot the looters breakin' into my home lookin' to take what belongs to me and mine.

I'm not a resource for the other guy to access as he likes. My kid is not a resource for use by another.

My shotgun and shells (which I've used to defend myself with before...I ain't talkin' hypotheticals here) are stayin' right here with me.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

God help you all!!! As indeed this schizophrenic bipolar depressive sadistic morons seems to be doing.
Walker

Post by Walker »

A weapon is more effective than the Mitten Force at discouraging fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajaENs2iRJE

God help the nurses in England.

“NHS nurses have been told to not wear their uniforms in public after some had been discriminated against and verbally abused in public, spat at, and called even ‘disease spreaders’".

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/0 ... lic-abuse/
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

commonsense wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:16 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:29 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:39 pm

Do you have any insight into your projection?
Yeah, I see it as a movie show passing through.
Then in other words, no.
Well yeah, and no because there is no one looking at the passing movie show, nor is there anyone acting out those roles.

No one ever lived or died in those movies you watched on the big screen. As pretty convincing they seem, appear to be.

It's really good fun pretending to act out those roles though. The illusion is real enough. Wouldn't be a good movie without all the horror bits and bats. It'd get a bit boring just playing the sweet and nice role all the time. The good the bad and the ugly movie is a good all round balance, I would say.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 amThey're not really for you as you are clearly an idiot.
I AM the last idiot.
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 am They are for others who may read what you say.
There is only ONE READER... making MANY different interpretations of what no one ever writ. We all see the same writing. Because we are all the same one seer.

All much a do about nothing, all but stories told by fools signifying nothing...pretending it all matters.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

This is how the idiotic fearful, selfish, self-centred separate mind that doesn't actually exist except as an imagined idea talks to itself.

Oh my fucking God what an awful disgusting life I'm having. I'm so upset, how could this happen to me, me, me.
It's just not fair is it, why me for fucksake! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh my fucking God I'm going to die one day, maybe I'll have a good death, or maybe I'll have a really painful nasty long slow torture filled death. :shock: :shock: :shock: It's so utterly utterly shocking, how could something like this happen to me. I'm so fearful, oh my God please go away and stop bothering me you horrible nasty demonic life. :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is how life really is....

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

― Mark Twain

Just reporting my surround.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:42 am
God help the nurses in England.

“NHS nurses have been told to not wear their uniforms in public after some had been discriminated against and verbally abused in public, spat at, and called even ‘disease spreaders’".

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/0 ... lic-abuse/
And some people call this progress in a modern civilized world where we've never had it so good so we better be grateful.

Never quite accepting that irrefutable fact that man is still just a beast parading around in a tuxedo - the only fool in this whole damn place. As if the whole of Evolution was really just all about me, me, me, look at me, this amazing hairless monkey strutting around on centre stage because it believes it is so worth it and more important that any other evolved creature.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Attacking and denigrating the life-savers ... either England is quite the ironic place or else it’s under assault from “outside agitators.” Maybe both?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

And in the meantime it's business as usual at revolting Chinese wet markets. The next virus might target children and young people. I wonder what the politicians will do 'then'?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/12 ... ina-latest