What is your 20 20 Vision?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: What is your 20 20 Vision?

Post by commonsense »

duszek wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:03 pm People will grow more and more weary of smart phones and a new wave of non digital life will begin.
For privacy reasons, people will only communicate face-to-face, resulting in large communities of actual friends.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:03 pm the emp will cause weariness?

-Imp
...er, wearingness?
Ubertino

Post by Ubertino »

‘Mohamed is now the most common name in the UK.

The UK has 600,000 immigrants settle every year.’

Because muslims name their boys after the prophet. This statistic doesn’t imply that we are flooded with immigrants, (your figure is wildly inaccurate, of course) but merely that it is a disproportionately popular name by English standards that have a much greater variety, relatively speaking, through any likewise religious inspiration. Mohamed is also spelt in many different ways, making the names like Olivia much more common. Presumably because of the popularity of the great prophet, ‘Olivia Coleman’.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Ubertino wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:01 am ‘Mohamed is now the most common name in the UK.

Because muslims name their boys after the prophet. This statistic doesn’t imply that we are flooded with immigrants, (your figure is wildly inaccurate, of course) but merely that it is a disproportionately popular name by English standards that have a much greater variety, relatively speaking, through any likewise religious inspiration. Mohamed is also spelt in many different ways, making the names like Olivia much more common. Presumably because of the popularity of the great prophet, ‘Olivia Coleman’.

How disrespectful is it to name your son 'Mohamed'?

I've walked with Muslims...and chatted. EVERY time they mention some 'PROFIT' they state some chant - 'peace be with him'.

So why is 'Mohamed' different? I am certain every time a Muslim calls their son - they AIN'T stating 'peace be with him' - yet mor_ham_mad is the pinnacle of the Muslim's faith.

Please, do explain.

Oh yeah eat some actual tree of know_ledge: www.androcies.com
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:31 pm
Ubertino wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:01 am ‘Mohamed is now the most common name in the UK.

I've walked with Muslims...and chatted. EVERY time they mention some 'PROFIT' they state some chant - 'peace be with him'.

So why is 'Mohamed' different? I am certain every time a Muslim calls their son - they AIN'T stating 'peace be with him' - yet mor_ham_mad is the pinnacle of the Muslim's faith.

Please, do explain.

No one names their child out of disrespect.

A name is chosen because it is in honor of someone or because the parents like the meaning of the name.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Please, do explain.

A name is chosen because it is in honor of someone or because the parents like the meaning of the name.
You have clearly missed my point. As I stated - every time a Muslim mentions the name of a 'PROPHET' they then state 'peace be upon him' ...So they hold in high regard ALL those 'PROFITS'...why is MOR_HAM_MAD less endeared and made so common by those muzzle_ems?

Do you under_stand? Or do I need to extrapolate further?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:29 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Please, do explain.

You have clearly missed my point. As I stated - every time a Muslim mentions the name of a 'PROPHET' they then state 'peace be upon him' ...So they hold in high regard ALL those 'PROFITS'...why is MOR_HAM_MAD less endeared and made so common by those muzzle_ems?

Do you under_stand? Or do I need to extrapolate further?
Oops. Got it now.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

commonsense wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:05 pm For privacy reasons, people will only communicate face-to-face, resulting in large communities of actual friends.
Interesting!! Makes sense. The rampant invasiveness of technology watching, listening, and recording us -- and then how that is used against us -- will surely inspire more people to seek out ways to operate and connect off radar. We need personal cloaking or scrambling devices -- maybe built-into something we wear. :D
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:24 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:05 pm For privacy reasons, people will only communicate face-to-face, resulting in large communities of actual friends.
Interesting!! Makes sense. The rampant invasiveness of technology watching, listening, and recording us -- and then how that is used against us -- will surely inspire more people to seek out ways to operate and connect off radar. We need personal cloaking or scrambling devices -- maybe built-into something we wear. :D
Never thought of you as a cyberpunk chick Lacewing! :D
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:26 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:24 pm
Interesting!! Makes sense. The rampant invasiveness of technology watching, listening, and recording us -- and then how that is used against us -- will surely inspire more people to seek out ways to operate and connect off radar. We need personal cloaking or scrambling devices -- maybe built-into something we wear.
Never thought of you as a cyberpunk chick Lacewing! :D
:D I try to be adaptable when it seems like a good idea.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:06 pm Mine? To open peoples lazy third eye.

1. The 'church' of scientology will remove the symbol of my Lord's sacrifice by the next Equinox.
<= 13 days until chaos affects the heads of this establishment, I warned them.