Quote of the day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:46 pm I believe love exists ...

Only the physical exists. Adjust notions accordingly.

Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:44 amI believe we are love, and do not need to seek it outside of ourself. Or expect it to come to us in the form of it being given to us from an external source. That's not how I personally relate to the concept of Love, in other words, Love is not what most people think it is.
I rarely speculate on what love means or how it may be defined. Love is not something I'm particularly familiar with. Nevertheless, when the question comes up as to what defines it I would in the abstract consider it as the stations, medium, path and passions of empathy for all living things and for every process which created it; a feeling and effect which is timeless and of which everything living is the upshot. It is the incipience which first boils in the void and creates the panorama which seeks to know itself through the Halo of its own conscious creations. It is the enigma of physical, mental and spiritual sex...a Pantheon in which ALL the gods and creative powers are worshiped.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:10 am

Yes, but it's the mysteries of the physical which culminate in the encounters with the spiritual.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dubious wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:29 am

Yes, but it's the mysteries of the physical which culminate in the encounters with the spiritual.
Dubious wrote:Yes ...
Yes, means that the spiritual is a type of physicality.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

"I could win the Nobel Peace Prize and my grave would still say "Punk On Bus - Star Trek IV". - Kirk Thatcher

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:51 pm "I could win the Nobel Peace Prize and my grave would still say "Punk On Bus - Star Trek IV". - Kirk Thatcher

-Imp
“A fact, Captain. Physical laws simply cannot be ignored …”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKz6QS5UYI
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:06 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:29 am

Dubious wrote:Yes ...
Yes, means that the spiritual is a type of physicality.
It derives from the physical.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Because only the physical exists, then whatever derives from the physical, is physical.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Walker

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:48 am Olivia agrees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zwPVU92-XQ

-Imp
:lol:

That looks like a regimented kind of physicality. 1-2-3-4.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:09 am Because only the physical exists, then whatever derives from the physical, is physical.
I'm getting dizzy! Mind if I get off this merry-go-round?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:24 am Love is not something I'm particularly familiar with. Nevertheless, when the question comes up as to what defines it I would in the abstract consider it as the stations, medium, path and passions of empathy for all living things and for every process which created it; a feeling and effect which is timeless and of which everything living is the upshot. It is the incipience which first boils in the void and creates the panorama which seeks to know itself through the Halo of its own conscious creations. It is the enigma of physical, mental and spiritual sex...a Pantheon in which ALL the gods and creative powers are worshiped.
No word can define 'what is', or every word defines 'it'.

I can erase all the words on a chalk board. Then I just reach into the Nothingness and pull out as many as I want.
It is not a limited supply. The tangible world is from out the breath-word of God.

Words flow directly from the Source Itself. The Nothingness.

Nothingness cannot comprehend nothingness, it can only know itself as absolutely everything, as this immediate nothingness knowing itself. Reality being seamless, it is everywhere at once, one without a second.

That is the purest defintion of what is essentially this unharmed, unchanged reality of being. Known as Love, or God, metaphorically speaking.

The idea of a ''Personal God'' existing as some separate 'being' is Nothing constructing that reality, and so heaven and hell is a state of mind in you, you is the only knowing there is. In other words, nothing is being you, which is everything you can possibly imagine.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dubious wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:18 am
Walker wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:09 am Because only the physical exists, then whatever derives from the physical, is physical.
The only reason to stay on is when there's nowhere else to go but here and now.

Of spiritual matters, Trungpa Rinpoche advises, better to not start ... the implication being, better to not walk that road unless you must.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

That's the problem with philosophical dualistic discussions. It's known as milking the titty dry, for all it's worth, this mental merry-go-round is for suckers. It's like One empties out to fill the other. It's a form of Love feeding off itself.

When the sucker learns to recognise the sense of 'enough', it automatically releases itself and lets go. It only comes back for more suckling when it's hunger is left unsatisfied. It's a co-dependant phenomena.

When enough is enough, there is an instant Knowing that knows nothing is running the universe. That's when knowing lets go of the need to know. Nothingness has no need. Nothingness is absolutely everything.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 am
That's the problem with philosophical dualistic discussions. It's known as milking the titty dry, for all it's worth, this mental merry-go-round is for suckers. It's like One empties out to fill the other. It's a form of Love feeding off itself.
That is rightly called, a shallow view based on theory.

In actuality:

After the mind has been prepared, Self-enquiry becomes a perpetual energy source that will whip and exhaust the intellect into submission*, and from the ensuing physical knowledge of reality, as opposed to theoretical notions, philosophy of the way things are, ensues. This happens without choice, as identity becomes servant to the impartial engine of self-enquiry that does ... not ... stop, until it does, once and for all and I might add, for good and goodness. Savvy?

* The stronger and stubborn the ego, the more physically painful this can be. This is why self-enquiry is a young man's game.

8)