Quote of the day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:41 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:27 pm I have no idea what you are attempting to say to me Belinda.

What the heck are you talking about now, Jesus Christ. What is wrong with you people…you can’t focus on what you choose to focus on…what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Sorry. I mean concentrating on creating something all your own.
Sorry you’ve completely lost me, no idea what the heck your point is.
May I try again? You, DAM, wherever you are , are engaged in living your life. Whatever you are immersed in, in your life, is your own creation and nobody else's. As long as you are alive you have no choice but to make choices. If these choices are all your own and not weakly copied from someone else they are good enough choices.
The only duty you have as a human being is to help others to make their own independent choices.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

(A few quotes are offered below my brief response to DAM...)
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:34 pm Lacewing and many others here including me would argue with their own shadow, just for the hell of it.
Maybe you're speaking of yourself. I was talking about alternative views and asking questions, based on things you had said, and I explained why. I very rarely argue with anyone in person. Online, I'm just having fun responding to the things people say.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:34 pmthat’s all internet exchanges are about, just mindless, pointless arguments with random strangers on the internet…what a stupid pursuit.
If that is what you think, then why are you doing it? I'll guess that many of us here see more to it than what you claim.

It appears that the purpose of extreme projections is to invalidate everything except one's own limitations and distortions.

>>> Quotes (to make up for my earlier posts that neglected to offer any):

"It is a sad regret to have searched for the truth and settled for an answer." - Robert Brault

"Error is sometimes so nearly allied to truth, that it blends with it as imperceptibly as the colours of the rainbow fade into each other." - William Benton

"Truth is rarely writ in ink; it lives in nature." - Martin H. Fischer

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." - Bernard Shaw
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:26 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:41 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:32 pm
Sorry. I mean concentrating on creating something all your own.
Sorry you’ve completely lost me, no idea what the heck your point is.
May I try again? You, DAM, wherever you are , are engaged in living your life. Whatever you are immersed in, in your life, is your own creation and nobody else's. As long as you are alive you have no choice but to make choices. If these choices are all your own and not weakly copied from someone else they are good enough choices.
The only duty you have as a human being is to help others to make their own independent choices.
Sorry, your still not getting through. I genuinely do not understand what you mean.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:30 am (A few quotes are offered below my brief response to DAM...)
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:34 pm Lacewing and many others here including me would argue with their own shadow, just for the hell of it.
Maybe you're speaking of yourself. I was talking about alternative views and asking questions, based on things you had said, and I explained why. I very rarely argue with anyone in person. Online, I'm just having fun responding to the things people say.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:34 pmthat’s all internet exchanges are about, just mindless, pointless arguments with random strangers on the internet…what a stupid pursuit.
If that is what you think, then why are you doing it? I'll guess that many of us here see more to it than what you claim.

It appears that the purpose of extreme projections is to invalidate everything except one's own limitations and distortions.

>>> Quotes (to make up for my earlier posts that neglected to offer any):

"It is a sad regret to have searched for the truth and settled for an answer." - Robert Brault

"Error is sometimes so nearly allied to truth, that it blends with it as imperceptibly as the colours of the rainbow fade into each other." - William Benton

"Truth is rarely writ in ink; it lives in nature." - Martin H. Fischer

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." - Bernard Shaw
There's only ''Y/our truth'' everything else is bad interpretation ~ DAM
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:55 pm Oh, I'm sorry. I was simply responding to DAM's posts -- and didn't mean to mess up the thread.
What a nice thing to say. Sincere. Prompts a return in kind.

You know, there is another sincere way to look at it other than being messed up.

Like coincidence, problem is an invalid concept.

If a thought is quotable it should stand out like a decorative curb tree that somehow got planted in a forest of Kudzu-covered weed-trees. An antidote to Kudzu-like word-spread is some brevity-kind of word concentrator to tighten up the premise, and perhaps a bit o’ space.
Walker

Post by Walker »

“Concentrate on creating something all your own.”
- Belinda

You just did, and it’s worthy of carving into stone.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Now that I've expressed my mind, I have no need to move, although soon that niggling little itch for coffee will likely send my feet and me on a walking mission to the coffee pot to make things right, and I know from past repetition that the resulting mind-of-peace, no urge-to-move or change anything let alone the suspension of inner dialogue (that gets shined up for presentation), will last until another urge gets on the see-saw to tip the balance of stillness, when the urge that ain't me gets heavy enough to disrupt the peace-of-mind and tip the scales to must, at least enough for the mind to move as thought.

(a tad wordy, but in company)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:57 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:55 pm Oh, I'm sorry. I was simply responding to DAM's posts -- and didn't mean to mess up the thread.
What a nice thing to say. Sincere. Prompts a return in kind.

I wish your friends in kind would stop messing up my thread in the religion forum.

Nice friends you've got there Walker.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Aren’t you my friend?

At times, one grows weary of the customary and predictable volleys aimed at tempering both conceptual position and temperament.
- Proclaimed from an imperious height.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker

Post by Walker »

Make the biggest mistake the last one.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

In the beginning was the word.
And the word was with You.
And the word was You. ~ DAM
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:28 pm
I wish your friends in kind would stop messing up my thread in the religion forum.

Nice friends you've got there Walker.
Sade’s advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkrQ0118fVY

She's got a great transmission.
8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »