Quote of the day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:15 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:05 pm *You still around! **I thought they permanently extradited you from the site. ***Getting rid of the Alex Jones types like yourself would not be such a bad thing.
*I go where I choose.

**Nope.

***As long as good lil nazis like yourself are in the world: me and my kind will be too.

That's too bad. It's your kind that needs getting rid of. There's an overdose of fucking idiots on the planet.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 amWhat about Love?
Do you believe Love Exists?
I believe love exists but not in everyone.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 amWhat do you think of this quote? >
" God Is Love , and he who dwells in love dwells in God , and God dwells in him ." ~ Meister Eckhart
...the conventional view of the determined believer devoid of all reality...but it sounds nice
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 amDo you ever notice Dubious, that when you are replying to someone elses comment, you are literally creating the idea there is another person other than you.
I find that observation very astute. Sometimes, after many years, I run across something wondering who wrote it until I discover it's from me...it seemed so foreign; goes to show that "knowing oneself" can be a very difficult task in having to know all the unknowns...the foreign elements in one's psyche which are often strange beyond belief.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 am That's all you can ever be absolutely certain about, your own self-awareness and all that this awareness contains. So when you are in a disagreement with what you perceive to be others are saying, remember you are only disagreeing with yourself, simply because there is absolutely no access to any one else's consciousness outside of your own consciousness. We simply project the idea of otherness from out of our own being....Would you agree with that?
Not completely! While it's true that one can never be in a total state of empathy with someone else's state of consciousness or awareness we do have the means to render meaning to others of which they may not be aware through language, music, art, etc. We communicate in order to expose ourselves to some other level of awareness. In many instances it may take a while for the message to be received.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:13 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:58 pm What's the connection and what's the connection to CRT? Please explain!
Go and read a book. (They're not just for colouring, you know.)

It's called "Cynical Theories," by Lindsay and Pluckrose. And it will show you just how wrong you are.

Which you should be getting used to, actually, since you do it so often. :D
As usual the liar and deceiver...this is what YOU wrote:

He's a PhD, and the leading current expert on Critical Race Theory, actually.

Is there a difference in your mind between the words cynical and critical? There is to me.

...and what does it have to do with the anti-vaxxer idiots?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm It's your kind that needs getting rid of. There's an overdose of fucking idiots on the planet.
As I say: Come ahead, Adolph: let's see how it plays out.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 pm Is there a difference in your mind between the words cynical and critical? There is to me.
Seriously? So...you don't understanding "irony"? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Listen, sport; just read the PN review of the book, and you'll know why it's called what it's called, and what it has to do with CRT. You'll also realize that James Lindsay is, in fact, a PhD, and is very probably, in fact, the world's current leading expert on CRT...or close to it.

Go and learn something. It will do you a world of good.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:21 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:02 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:12 am
Wow, that's super dumb.

So all one has to do is declare something a "pandemic," and we automatically ignore any duty to present logic and evidence, and we erase everybody's rights, individuality and choice?

Good to know.
No, super dumb are theist morons who believe a 2000-year-old Jew preaching in the back alleys of Palestine is going to save their soul. Anyone who believes anything so insane is capable of believing any kind of absurdity.

The logic and evidence for getting vaccinated one can hear endlessly, repetitiously every day of the week. It's obvious now that most people have listened and been convinced without being forced. But one can always expect a fair number of leftover idiots who can NEVER be convinced by any means available that this is the best way to defeat or at least control the virus if its presence cannot be eradicated.

In addition, Critical race theory is an intellectual movement and a framework of legal analysis. What does that have to do with medical science and the production of vaccines? Even your comparisons are completely non sequitur or remotely refer to what is discussed.

If you choose not to get vaxed, due to whatever conspiracy theories you may follow, to limit the spread of covid...fine. But if you end up getting it, you should instead be segregated into a quarantine area where you either make it or not. Why should others suffer delays, putting their lives in danger by prioritizing care to a bunch of stupid obnoxious assholes. Losing a population of idiots can actually be a benefit to the rest of society.

I expect your holiness to make a big deal out of that last sentence!
Why would they need to be quarantined? Just let everyone get on with their lives. They aren't going to harm anyone who's vaccinated anyway. Here, the arseholes who are terrified of a little jab are being coddled and pandered to, with everyone ELSE losing their freedom in order to protect this 'special and precious' group of morons.

Breakthrough infections are still possible even among the vaccinated, but without the dire consequences that exist among the unvaccinated who are currently overflowing the ICU's. The dangers of covid are limited by vaccinations, not eliminated. What's disgusting beyond words is that scum like HQ insist on their right to remain unvaccinated (as if a virus cares about anyone's fucking rights) but when they succumb to it, these loathsome cowards will insist on their right to be served by the institutions they continually denigrated. As far as I'm concerned, and I mean every word of it, let these fuckers croak.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 pm Is there a difference in your mind between the words cynical and critical? There is to me.
Seriously? So...you don't understanding "irony"? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Listen, sport; just read the PN review of the book, and you'll know why it's called what it's called, and what it has to do with CRT. You'll also realize that James Lindsay is, in fact, a PhD, and is very probably, in fact, the world's current leading expert on CRT...or close to it.

Go and learn something. It will do you a world of good.
Learn how to use a dictionary. It shouldn't be too complicated even for you...no irony intended. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:24 pm Learn how to use a dictionary.
Back to "entry level" stuff? :shock:

No documentation, data, quotations, footnotes, evidence, arguments, peer reviews, etc?

Yes, that's about your level, it seems.

Well, have fun.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:27 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:24 pm Learn how to use a dictionary.
Back to "entry level" stuff? :shock:

No documentation, data, quotations, footnotes, evidence, arguments, peer reviews, etc?

Yes, that's about your level, it seems.

Well, have fun.
None of that could ever help a brain like yours move forward. That's the reason you're still stuck into believing crap from 2000 years ago. Well that's your level it seems. Have fun being a liar, deceiver and one who has perfected hypocrisy into an art.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:21 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:02 am

No, super dumb are theist morons who believe a 2000-year-old Jew preaching in the back alleys of Palestine is going to save their soul. Anyone who believes anything so insane is capable of believing any kind of absurdity.

The logic and evidence for getting vaccinated one can hear endlessly, repetitiously every day of the week. It's obvious now that most people have listened and been convinced without being forced. But one can always expect a fair number of leftover idiots who can NEVER be convinced by any means available that this is the best way to defeat or at least control the virus if its presence cannot be eradicated.

In addition, Critical race theory is an intellectual movement and a framework of legal analysis. What does that have to do with medical science and the production of vaccines? Even your comparisons are completely non sequitur or remotely refer to what is discussed.

If you choose not to get vaxed, due to whatever conspiracy theories you may follow, to limit the spread of covid...fine. But if you end up getting it, you should instead be segregated into a quarantine area where you either make it or not. Why should others suffer delays, putting their lives in danger by prioritizing care to a bunch of stupid obnoxious assholes. Losing a population of idiots can actually be a benefit to the rest of society.

I expect your holiness to make a big deal out of that last sentence!
Why would they need to be quarantined? Just let everyone get on with their lives. They aren't going to harm anyone who's vaccinated anyway. Here, the arseholes who are terrified of a little jab are being coddled and pandered to, with everyone ELSE losing their freedom in order to protect this 'special and precious' group of morons.

Breakthrough infections are still possible even among the vaccinated, but without the dire consequences that exist among the unvaccinated who are currently overflowing the ICU's. The dangers of covid are limited by vaccinations, not eliminated. What's disgusting beyond words is that scum like HQ insist on their right to remain unvaccinated (as if a virus cares about anyone's fucking rights) but when they succumb to it, these loathsome cowards will insist on their right to be served by the institutions they continually denigrated. As far as I'm concerned, and I mean every word of it, let these fuckers croak.
Govts. are far too PC to keep them out of ICU or make them pay for their own ventilators and care. Can't be PC only when it suits.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm As far as I'm concerned, and I mean every word of it, let these fuckers croak.
Yes, we know. How could we not? Multiple times you've expressed the desire to see folks like me boxcar'd to the camps. Folks like you are why I've made myself handy with a twelve gauge.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:26 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm As far as I'm concerned, and I mean every word of it, let these fuckers croak.
Yes, we know. How could we not? Multiple times you've expressed the desire to see folks like me boxcar'd to the camps. Folks like you are why I've made myself handy with a twelve gauge.
You're not the only one.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:59 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:26 am
You're not the only one.
I know.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:46 pm
I believe that Love is just another word for God, which is just another word for Everything, and Everyone, which is fundamentally Nothing being itself, as a story believed to be real, as imagined by you only.
For who or what else knows anything at all? ...Knowledge is sourced from you yourself, irrefutably without doubt or error.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 amWhat do you think of this quote? >
" God Is Love , and he who dwells in love dwells in God , and God dwells in him ." ~ Meister Eckhart
Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:46 pm...the conventional view of the determined believer devoid of all reality...but it sounds nice

It sounds nice because Love is what and who you are in essence. You will choose love over any other state of being everytime. We just forget what love really means sometimes, as if we are alseep or unconscious to the truth of our own self. Waking up from the unconscious sleep into conscious knowing, is all allowing everything to be just as it is, because the way things are cannot be any other way than how they are being in the immediacy of all conscious action.
The state of Being ultimately seeks for well being, comfort and security, as opposed to it's opposite, while it's opposite must also be an important part of the being equation, because it's the only way the whole dynamic of love works. Without knowing ''not nice'' we wouldn't be able to know 'nice'.

I do not believe we have LOVE, or that we can give it to others, or that others can give love to us.

I believe we are love, and do not need to seek it outside of ourself. Or expect it to come to us in the form of it being given to us from an external source. That's not how I personally relate to the concept of Love, in other words, Love is not what most people think it is.

Anyways, Thanks for your responses Dubious...much appreciated.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:46 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 amWhat about Love?
Do you believe Love Exists?
Love is inherent within the psychology of every human, even the really bad ones, however actions of love appropriately or inappropriately appear according to conditions, or they may be crushed by conditions which include filters of reality implanted into the hosts of love *.

Conditions can exist that totally suppress and corrupt love, however paradoxically, it was under such harshness that Viktor Frankl realized the totality of love, as he recounts in Man’s Search For Meaning.**

* The implanted principle defined by inherency outlives the transitory host.

** A book title that could get canceled for unwokie language.

Would you be inclined to agree or disagree, and to what degree?