Quote of the day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 pm Take some responsibility for fuck's sake for creating what you think, and/or go get some meds or change the ones you're on.
Just so you know, you do not create what you think... thoughts arise within you, quite spontaneously without your control. The only control you have is to ignore or feed the thoughts that come ..feeding a thought is what gives them energy to grow or dissipate.
It's not what happens to us, it's how we react to what happens to us. I personally do not need a thought to inform me about the way life is for sentient beings, I see it with my own eyes, and what I see is never really pretty. This does not overwhelm me to the point where I run to the doctors every five minutes asking for meds to soothe the horror of what I see with my own eyes. I'm not that weak, I do not do that, rather, I just accept the horror for what it is. I might not like it, which is true, I hate the horror show that is life, but there's nothing I can do to stop it, apart from knowing that it would be better for it to not be happening at all.

For me, life is too short to be bogged down with worrying thoughts, I totally accept them for what they are, and one good thing about ''thought'' is that they are not life threatening. Not one single 'thought' has ever killed me. I have the wisdom to understand this very crucial understanding.

Also, I've never taken medication or drugs in my entire life, I've been offered them, but I am my own Physician, always have been, always will be, only I get to decide if I'm sick, or if there is something wrong with me. Only I have that luxury. I do not seek the approval of others as to how I am expected to feel in life, just because someone else happens to think I'm not meeting with their own values and expectations as to what they believe it means to feel in the world. I personally think your view that medication is the only answer to life is very shallow and dull. Take your meds, is an over used cliche...it's just beneath my intelligence. And this is another reason why people suck, because they think they know what's best for you, when they assume you are unwell. I have absolutely no use for such idiots.

The only thing I have taken medication wise, is normal everyday pain killers for headaches and such, etc.... It's a normal practice, who wouldn't want to take something to alleviate physical pain. We are lucky to have such a luxury, unlike wild animals,who don't.

Anyway, part of the sickness of the human condition, is when they believe there is something wrong with you just for daring to have a true opinion about pain and suffering that is life for sentient beings. I have no use for such ignorant people, I like to deal with the real world as I see it, not how I am expected to see it.

I'm actually very brilliant at surviving this disgusting parasitic life that is the sentience experience, I'm like a crocodile in that respect, and the tears are real and genuine too. I do not pretend things are ok when they are clearly not, and that makes me just fine, and ok.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Your post, DAM, was interesting to respond to. I hope we're all having fun here. Again, I wish you well... even though I might challenge what you say.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 pm Considering there are many valid ways to view everything -- and your view about life apparently sucks from every angle -- why would you defend and perpetuate such a thing?
Why would I defend an idea that life sucks?
I guess the answer is I do not defend something that I believe is a bad idea, so I have no idea why you have made the ''defend'' idea mine, when it's clearly yours. You'd have to explain to me, what you mean by ''defend'' a bad idea.
The point is that you defend focusing on a certain view that you hate, even though there are other views you could see from, and which you have focused on extensively in this forum before, such as nonduality. When other people have told you about their views or experiences, you've often responded by saying there is 'no one' having these views or experiences. Yet, how is there no one and nothing going on when it concerns other people, but there is someone and lots going on to hate when it concerns you? Isn't that a reasonable question?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 pmIs this the best you can do: claim that you "see reality as it is" (for who, you?), and be a big resentful crybaby about it?
Yes, it is the best I can do, I always give of my best in everything I do in life. I do not lie.
You just seem to forget everything else you've thought and said at other times? Is that a mental lapse... or some kind of necessary deception... perhaps in order to serve the thoughts/hunger/rage of the moment?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am My perceptions and views are my business
Well you're talking about them on a public forum.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI happen to think life for sentience is a dumb mindless game, of endless suffering and pain.
For who? Have you given up on your philosophy of non-duality?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI do not have a problem with telling the truth as I see it, nor am I going to appolgise if others find my truth offensive or oppose it.
It's not offensive... it just doesn't make sense, and it's inconsistent with other "truths" you've claimed.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI'm comfortable with my views because for me they are the truth, which I accept.
Do you think to ask yourself which part of the elephant you are putting all of your focus on right now?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI do not see any potential for change or better world. If we are always striving for a better world then all that tells me is that we are always making a hash job of being in the world.
So, always striving for betterment is a sign of failure?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am I see that humanity is making a mess, more than they are making potential, and potential for what exactly? .... look around you, open your eyes.
Why aren't you opening your eyes to what you've already seen before? Potential comes from broader views.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amWe then lay our eggs in the mess, we force children to live in the cesspool of our own making, and we seem to think that is a good idea. But I'm not ok with that, I do not think it's a good idea to build nests out of shit and expect the offspring to be ok with this.
People reproduce like all of life does. It's not cruelty. And most people are okay with it. Who are you angry at and why? There is more going on than just the view that we're making a big mess of things, isn't there? Look at the magnificent demonstration of creativity and exploration in all directions... some of it absurdly horrific... some of it fantastically glorious. It's ALL there... the full range.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI see humanity sliding rapidly toward their own self- destruction
Appears so. It has happened before. Despite that, there is much to love, isn't there?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI am not afraid of truth. Never have been.
How would you know, when you keep changing your view of it? Maybe you make it up to suit/entertain yourself in any given moment?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am I hate being alive. I'm not going to pretend that being born against our will and consent is a very good idea.
How do you know that on some level you weren't part of some collective agreement? To come to Earth... to have a human life... to have your own children? Maybe we're all in agreement, on some level.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI see what I see, and feel what I feel. I'm under no delusion about that at all.
The question is, based on all you've said, is that, itself, a delusion? Are you able to see more than that?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amAnd I do not need other peoples approval to be me.
Of course not... but who/what is the "me"?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amSo if I said to you that I am grateful for life, would that make you feel good, would it justify and make valid, or give a boost to your own self conceived values on how you personally view life?
It would seem that you were being more creative in making the best of things despite life's obvious challenges, as opposed to wanting death and hating that which you claim as "the truth"?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amWould it be a good idea to be grateful in your opinion?
It seems like a more empowering perspective.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amwould it be a good idea if I actually lied to you about the way I view life?
No point in that. You're saying what you see and think right now... and I'm responding: would it be a good idea for you to consider whether you're stuck in a certain view, and if so, why might that be? Isn't this a reasonable exchange and line of questioning?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am Thanks for the advice, but stop telling me what to think and be, it's really not necessary, I am able to think for myself, deal with myself, take care of myself, and one thing I have always managed to do very successfully, is look after number 1.
Yet, you hate life. :lol: What do you think people should say in response to your public posts? Maybe, "You're right! Everything sucks. We all wish we were dead. Way to go for pointing out that profound truth!" Or maybe you just want them to be quiet, so you can use the forum as your "Dear Diary", and feel that someone is listening?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 am Just so you know, you do not create what you think... thoughts arise within you, quite spontaneously without your control. The only control you have is to ignore or feed the thoughts that come ..feeding a thought is what gives them energy to grow or dissipate.
Which means you create what you think.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 amI personally think your view that medication is the only answer to life is very shallow and dull.
I did not say that. If you hate life and can only see dreadful perspectives, maybe you could use some help to have a more enjoyable experience while you're briefly here. Your suffering and complaining isn't changing anything. And you spew it into a world that you claim is already too full of that, yes? What else ya got?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 amI'm actually very brilliant at surviving this disgusting parasitic life
:lol: Physically, by staying alive? I'm sure you know, there's a difference between surviving and thriving.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:27 pm Your post, DAM, was interesting to respond to. I hope we're all having fun here. Again, I wish you well... even though I might challenge what you say.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 pm Considering there are many valid ways to view everything -- and your view about life apparently sucks from every angle -- why would you defend and perpetuate such a thing?
Why would I defend an idea that life sucks?
I guess the answer is I do not defend something that I believe is a bad idea, so I have no idea why you have made the ''defend'' idea mine, when it's clearly yours. You'd have to explain to me, what you mean by ''defend'' a bad idea.
The point is that you defend focusing on a certain view that you hate, even though there are other views you could see from, and which you have focused on extensively in this forum before, such as nonduality. When other people have told you about their views or experiences, you've often responded by saying there is 'no one' having these views or experiences. Yet, how is there no one and nothing going on when it concerns other people, but there is someone and lots going on to hate when it concerns you? Isn't that a reasonable question?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 pmIs this the best you can do: claim that you "see reality as it is" (for who, you?), and be a big resentful crybaby about it?
Yes, it is the best I can do, I always give of my best in everything I do in life. I do not lie.
You just seem to forget everything else you've thought and said at other times? Is that a mental lapse... or some kind of necessary deception... perhaps in order to serve the thoughts/hunger/rage of the moment?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am My perceptions and views are my business
Well you're talking about them on a public forum.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI happen to think life for sentience is a dumb mindless game, of endless suffering and pain.
For who? Have you given up on your philosophy of non-duality?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI do not have a problem with telling the truth as I see it, nor am I going to appolgise if others find my truth offensive or oppose it.
It's not offensive... it just doesn't make sense, and it's inconsistent with other "truths" you've claimed.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI'm comfortable with my views because for me they are the truth, which I accept.
Do you think to ask yourself which part of the elephant you are putting all of your focus on right now?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI do not see any potential for change or better world. If we are always striving for a better world then all that tells me is that we are always making a hash job of being in the world.
So, always striving for betterment is a sign of failure?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am I see that humanity is making a mess, more than they are making potential, and potential for what exactly? .... look around you, open your eyes.
Why aren't you opening your eyes to what you've already seen before? Potential comes from broader views.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amWe then lay our eggs in the mess, we force children to live in the cesspool of our own making, and we seem to think that is a good idea. But I'm not ok with that, I do not think it's a good idea to build nests out of shit and expect the offspring to be ok with this.
People reproduce like all of life does. It's not cruelty. And most people are okay with it. Who are you angry at and why? There is more going on than just the view that we're making a big mess of things, isn't there? Look at the magnificent demonstration of creativity and exploration in all directions... some of it absurdly horrific... some of it fantastically glorious. It's ALL there... the full range.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI see humanity sliding rapidly toward their own self- destruction
Appears so. It has happened before. Despite that, there is much to love, isn't there?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI am not afraid of truth. Never have been.
How would you know, when you keep changing your view of it? Maybe you make it up to suit/entertain yourself in any given moment?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am I hate being alive. I'm not going to pretend that being born against our will and consent is a very good idea.
How do you know that on some level you weren't part of some collective agreement? To come to Earth... to have a human life... to have your own children? Maybe we're all in agreement, on some level.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amI see what I see, and feel what I feel. I'm under no delusion about that at all.
The question is, based on all you've said, is that, itself, a delusion? Are you able to see more than that?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amAnd I do not need other peoples approval to be me.
Of course not... but who/what is the "me"?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amSo if I said to you that I am grateful for life, would that make you feel good, would it justify and make valid, or give a boost to your own self conceived values on how you personally view life?
It would seem that you were being more creative in making the best of things despite life's obvious challenges, as opposed to wanting death and hating that which you claim as "the truth"?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amWould it be a good idea to be grateful in your opinion?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 amwould it be a good idea if I actually lied to you about the way I view life?
No point in that. You're saying what you see and think right now... and I'm responding: would it be a good idea for you to consider whether you're stuck in a certain view, and if so, why might that be? Isn't this a reasonable exchange and line of questioning?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:48 am Thanks for the advice, but stop telling me what to think and be, it's really not necessary, I am able to think for myself, deal with myself, take care of myself, and one thing I have always managed to do very successfully, is look after number 1.
Yet, you hate life. :lol: What do you think people should say in response to your public posts? Maybe, "You're right! Everything sucks. We all wish we were dead. Way to go for pointing out that profound truth!" Or maybe you just want them to be quiet, so you can use the forum as your "Dear Diary", and feel that someone is listening?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 am Just so you know, you do not create what you think... thoughts arise within you, quite spontaneously without your control. The only control you have is to ignore or feed the thoughts that come ..feeding a thought is what gives them energy to grow or dissipate.
Which means you create what you think.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 amI personally think your view that medication is the only answer to life is very shallow and dull.
I did not say that. If you hate life and can only see dreadful perspectives, maybe you could use some help to have a more enjoyable experience while you're briefly here. Your suffering and complaining isn't changing anything. And you spew it into a world that you claim is already too full of that, yes? What else ya got?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 amI'm actually very brilliant at surviving this disgusting parasitic life
:lol: Physically, by staying alive? I'm sure you know, there's a difference between surviving and thriving.
It's obvious you are both the same person, arguing with yourself can't be healthy.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:39 pm It's obvious you are both the same person, arguing with yourself can't be healthy.
Who do you imagine you argue with, Atto?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:30 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:39 pm It's obvious you are both the same person, arguing with yourself can't be healthy.
...bah, you could have done so much better there, if you had italicised 'imagine' rather than 'you'..
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:37 pm
...bah, you could have done so much better there, if you had italicised 'imagine' rather than 'you'..
I put the italics where I wanted them.

If you're going to project, let's hear what you imagine about the back-and-forth arguing in your own head?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:49 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:37 pm
I put the italics where I wanted them.

If you're going to project, let's hear what you imagine about the back-and-forth arguing in your own head?
Ooo, that got me. I can't say I like how when cornered with ACTUAL logic you tell me you either don't want to discuss further because I'm <insert expletive>, or just spew ad hominems and waffle (even when it's not breakfast time here) at me and what I am ACTUALLY attempting logical debate about..

Now sure, you and DAM are welcome to continue your ridiculous waffle with each other, may
I suggest u PM each other or share email addresses? Please, and a again READ the thread title.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:03 pm I suggest u PM each other or share email addresses? Please, and a again READ the thread title.
Gracias. After all, quotables are meant to stand apart from the word forest of bark.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing and many others here including me would argue with their own shadow, just for the hell of it.

It’s the nature of people with huge ego, and that’s all internet exchanges are about, just mindless, pointless arguments with random strangers on the internet, people you’ve never met and will likely never meet in real life…what a stupid pursuit.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:23 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:03 pm I suggest u PM each other or share email addresses? Please, and a again READ the thread title.
Gracias. After all, quotables are meant to stand apart from the word forest of bark.

It's alright Walker, within that pile of drivel, I think I found a way to make a "quote" of the day::--
Lacewing wrote:
Philosophers unite with eletrically powered graters, the more powerful, the more we can gratefully grate both their "brains" into the pulp worthy of its original intelligence, cat food.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Oh, I'm sorry. I was simply responding to DAM's posts -- and didn't mean to mess up the thread.
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:03 pm I can't say I like how when cornered with ACTUAL logic you tell me you either don't want to discuss further because I'm <insert expletive>...
Who is cornered, and whose "actual logic", are you talking about? I'm usually quite clear about the reasons why I don't want to discuss things further with you. You're too obnoxious and entrenched. How is that logical?
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:03 pm Now sure, you and DAM are welcome to continue your ridiculous waffle with each other
Appears that you read it. You are the master chef of waffles and imaginary syrup, and you seem to see and project that everywhere, while imagining it comes from a mystical world beyond time and space, and with a nonsensical language that only you know. :lol:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 pm Take some responsibility for fuck's sake for creating what you think, and/or go get some meds or change the ones you're on.
Just so you know, you do not create what you think... thoughts arise within you, quite spontaneously without your control. The only control you have is to ignore or feed the thoughts that come ..feeding a thought is what gives them energy to grow or dissipate.
It's not what happens to us, it's how we react to what happens to us. I personally do not need a thought to inform me about the way life is for sentient beings, I see it with my own eyes, and what I see is never really pretty. This does not overwhelm me to the point where I run to the doctors every five minutes asking for meds to soothe the horror of what I see with my own eyes. I'm not that weak, I do not do that, rather, I just accept the horror for what it is. I might not like it, which is true, I hate the horror show that is life, but there's nothing I can do to stop it, apart from knowing that it would be better for it to not be happening at all.

For me, life is too short to be bogged down with worrying thoughts, I totally accept them for what they are, and one good thing about ''thought'' is that they are not life threatening. Not one single 'thought' has ever killed me. I have the wisdom to understand this very crucial understanding.

Also, I've never taken medication or drugs in my entire life, I've been offered them, but I am my own Physician, always have been, always will be, only I get to decide if I'm sick, or if there is something wrong with me. Only I have that luxury. I do not seek the approval of others as to how I am expected to feel in life, just because someone else happens to think I'm not meeting with their own values and expectations as to what they believe it means to feel in the world. I personally think your view that medication is the only answer to life is very shallow and dull. Take your meds, is an over used cliche...it's just beneath my intelligence. And this is another reason why people suck, because they think they know what's best for you, when they assume you are unwell. I have absolutely no use for such idiots.

The only thing I have taken medication wise, is normal everyday pain killers for headaches and such, etc.... It's a normal practice, who wouldn't want to take something to alleviate physical pain. We are lucky to have such a luxury, unlike wild animals,who don't.

Anyway, part of the sickness of the human condition, is when they believe there is something wrong with you just for daring to have a true opinion about pain and suffering that is life for sentient beings. I have no use for such ignorant people, I like to deal with the real world as I see it, not how I am expected to see it.

I'm actually very brilliant at surviving this disgusting parasitic life that is the sentience experience, I'm like a crocodile in that respect, and the tears are real and genuine too. I do not pretend things are ok when they are clearly not, and that makes me just fine, and ok.
That is simply a fallacy, DAM. Obviously you can't focus on what you choose to focus on, or you think you can't.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I have no idea what you are attempting to say to me Belinda.

What the heck are you talking about now, Jesus Christ. What is wrong with you people…you can’t focus on what you choose to focus on…what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:27 pm I have no idea what you are attempting to say to me Belinda.

What the heck are you talking about now, Jesus Christ. What is wrong with you people…you can’t focus on what you choose to focus on…what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Sorry. I mean concentrating on creating something all your own.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:27 pm I have no idea what you are attempting to say to me Belinda.

Sorry. I mean concentrating on creating something all your own.
Sorry you’ve completely lost me, no idea what the heck your point is.