Sculptor wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:19 pm

LIke most Americans, you fail to see irony
like most lil pricks, you fail to see the compliment
A compliment from a fool is worthless.
another gem... :thumbsup:
Walker

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

Devil’s Advocates are getting to be either lazy or stupid. To ignore the obvious and still expect to persuade intelligence only goes so far, just far enough to reach the Devil’s Choir.
Walker

Post by Walker »

“Your body, the society, the forest, and the ways are all in you; you are not in them. You are the body also, but not this body exclusively. If you remain as your pure Self, the body and its movements need not affect you.”

- Sri Ramana Maharshi
Walker

Post by Walker »

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
- Flaubert

When work becomes play
A boundary goes away
When play becomes work
One plays like a jerk
And the other one is conservative. :D
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Albert Einstein:
“The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who–in their grudge against traditional religion as the ‘opium of the masses’– cannot hear the music of the spheres.”
Walker

Post by Walker »

“When a person places the proper value on freedom, there is nothing under the sun that he will not do to acquire that freedom. Whenever you hear a man saying he wants freedom, but in the next breath he is going to tell you what he won’t do to get it, or what he doesn’t believe in doing in order to get it, he doesn’t believe in freedom. A man who believes in freedom will do anything under the sun to acquire . . . or preserve his freedom.”

– Malcolm X
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Walker wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:01 pm “When a person places the proper value on freedom, there is nothing under the sun that he will not do to acquire that freedom. Whenever you hear a man saying he wants freedom, but in the next breath he is going to tell you what he won’t do to get it, or what he doesn’t believe in doing in order to get it, he doesn’t believe in freedom. A man who believes in freedom will do anything under the sun to acquire . . . or preserve his freedom.”

– Malcolm X
So, it's not quite clear to me what this means in practice.

Is a person who "places the proper value on freedom" willing to acquire or preserve their own freedom by depriving other people of theirs?

“That's the whole point of good propaganda. You want to create a slogan that nobody's going to be against, and everybody's going to be for. Nobody knows what it means, because it doesn't mean anything.”

― Noam Chomsky
Walker

Post by Walker »

“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”
- Joe Biden

Joe, you don’t blindly guess when pulling the trigger.
Walker

Post by Walker »

“I believe that there will ultimately be a clash between the oppressed and those who do the oppressing. I believe that there will be a clash between those who want freedom, justice and equality for everyone and those who want to continue the system of exploitation. I believe that there will be that kind of clash, but I don't think it will be based on the color of the skin...”

― Malcolm X
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

In a room full of wise men, and one fool, everyone knows who the fool is.
In a room full of fools and one wise man, everyone knows who the fool is.

- i do believe Atla from this forum posted that 1 some time ago.
Walker

Post by Walker »

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”

-- Malcolm X
Walker

Post by Walker »

"Excuse my dust."

-Dorothy Parker
(Her own tombstone epitaph)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

“When a person places the proper value on freedom, there is nothing under the sun that he will not do to acquire that freedom. Whenever you hear a man saying he wants freedom, but in the next breath he is going to tell you what he won’t do to get it, or what he doesn’t believe in doing in order to get it, he doesn’t believe in freedom. A man who believes in freedom will do anything under the sun to acquire . . . or preserve his freedom.”

Is a person who "places the proper value on freedom" willing to acquire or preserve their own freedom by depriving other people of theirs?

I take it to mean: a man who values bein' free, even if the notion of killin' is repugnant to him, will kill, or should be willin' to kill, to cast off shackles or to remain unshackled

seems to me: if one man looks to enslave another, he forfeits his own freedom or life
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

''Every civilization in history fails when each individual falls away from seeking God and what is right.''
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:36 am ''Every civilization in history fails when each individual falls away from seeking God and what is right.''
Bullshit.