Quote of the day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Dontaskme »

“It is trifling to believe in what you do or in what others do. You should avoid simulacra and even “realities"; you should take up a position external to everything and everyone, drive off or grind down your appetites, live, according to a Hindu adage, with as few desires as a “solitary elephant.”

Stone is God, but God is NOT Stone!
henry quirk

to those celebrated or who still are celebrating...

Post by henry quirk »

Happy Thanksgiving!
A6C944A8-2B2B-46B8-B373-3BF50C79B65C.jpeg
A6C944A8-2B2B-46B8-B373-3BF50C79B65C.jpeg (103.85 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
attofishpi

Re: to those celebrated or who still are celebrating...

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 am Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh!

Well in that case, have one of these:- THANKS!
Dontaskme

Re: to those celebrated or who still are celebrating...

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 am Happy Thanksgiving!

Death is not real. You will never know death.

Death is just a belief, because you know life.

And life can never not be.

Giving thanks to no one but you. 8)

Only because you exist, and know you exist, is why you are able to create others. Notice the chicken was talking to other, and not to itself. 8) You create other out of your own self. 8)
There is no other self out of which creation comes from.
Walker

Post by Walker »

"Think bad, and bad is what you get."

- Billy Bob Thornton Mechanic
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

There was no “Covid pandemic” per se. What actually happened was the deliberate weaponization of cold and flu season, made to look more lethal than normal by the intentional euthanization of elderly patients in hospitals and nursing homes. This isn’t a “conspiracy theory”, it is a fully-substantiated, copiously-documented observation that you yourself witnessed in real time. -some gadfly
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:59 pm So what I wish to point out, as politely as possible, but also as directly as is possible, that I honestly believe that it is fair and reasonable to say that the ideas that you (seem) to work with are not, not necessarily, benign nor are they necessarily *good*. Let me put it this way: in the hands of impulsive individuals, guided not by wisdom and precaution but by impetuousness, radical ideas act as *acid* against established hierarchies, and the acid can get out of the control of those who use it and can, I venture to say, infect sensitive people who do not take the time, and cannot take the time, to really understand the full ramifications of what they get involved with and, again, why they get involved with this (this *project*). Here I allude to what is not stated, not revealed, not clear, not direct. The allusion of to 'hidden ideological implications'.

So with this said -- this is really just preamble! -- I have to reveal that I am, in fact, deeply opposed to the ideas you work with, to the ideas that seem to motivate you quite completely. I am far more interested in respecting established hierarchies and working within them, and working with them, to accommodate novelty. I am far more interested in going back over the processes that led to the establishment of hierarchy on all the different levels, and understanding the idea-core in them, than I am in (I would say *recklessly*) tearing them down. I am far more interested in trying to understand the psychology, overt and covert (ie hidden, unrevealed) that animates many of those who simply wish to use their power to tear-down or break-down or to dissolve those hierarchies that seem, now, to *irk* them.
the civilized way to say good lord, lady, you're fulla shit!
the stage is set: melodrama to unfold shortly
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:14 pm the civilized way to say good lord, lady, you're fulla shit!

the stage is set: melodrama to unfold shortly.
That is not at all how I see it. I respect her ideas and, as well, think that they have their place.

And to say "You are full of shit", to anyone, is really meaningless. It is not an expression that has function-value in conversations of this sort.

It is always best to stick to the ideas and avoid personalizing the differences.
henry quirk

edit: once & again

Post by henry quirk »

Alexis,

That is not at all how I see it.

Then, I stand corrected.

but the melodrama? bub, it's just startin' up
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

On Nostradamuses, Philosophers, Professional Mystics, and Jordan Petersons; https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Nostradam ... es-in-code
Walker

Post by Walker »

“we have over 100,000 children, which we’ve never had before, in serious condition, many on ventilators.”
- Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, 1-8-22.

details in the link

https://nypost.com/2022/01/10/white-hou ... formation/

Comment:
An astonishing quotation, a falseness filled with implications.
Walker

Post by Walker »

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Commentary: More money takes more time to take, especially when also taking future money from all the little children via heavy debt, which at some point gets so big it may as well be infinite.

Poor little children.

Born into slavery to debt, and terrified of some future catastrophe involving the weather..
Walker

Post by Walker »

“I know you’re tired. I know your nerves are as raw as meat in a butcher’s window. But, think what you’re trying to accomplish. Just, think what you’re dealing with. The majesty and grandeur of the English language is the greatest possession we have. The noblest thoughts that ever flowed through the hearts of men are contained in its extraordinary, imaginative, musical mixtures of sounds.”

- Rex Harrison, in fictional character
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley; but not at all so to believe or not in God."

- Diderot (apatheist)
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

"I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor.' - King George III
Old fashioned and outdated. Now we have the modern interpretation improved through education:

I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a racist. - Lord Joe Biden