Quote of the day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

Question: … so why beat around the bush?

Answer: Beating around the bush, for some the harder the better, is a hard-wired path to peace-of-mind. Seeking peace-of-mind is the motive force in folks who are burdened with mind’s susceptibility to self-induced clouding, that is, a susceptibility to dithering also erroneously known as choice, a quality some say is a blessing and some say is a curse not shared by forms simpler than humans, forms such as bush animals with their fast reaction times.

To paraphrase Jiddu Krishnamurti: Between the idea and the action lies the mischief.

As always, definitions are important however not so much so when Fernando isn't around to define bush, and when simply quoting Fernando doesn't confer any special understanding of his meaning.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Answer: Many are faster and many are sensitive, many are hardened by necessity, but few who are burdened by attention necessarily diverted to navigating high cloud formations can either answer the literal or physical call to the depths.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Answer: It holds the promise of staving off censorship and avoiding offense.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

question: why beat around the bush?

answer: there's no good reason to, so don't.
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:21 pm question: why beat around the bush?

True enough, censorship’s touch can be light in the oasis of freedom, but ahimsa heals the world of all its ills.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:27 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:21 pm question: why beat around the bush?

True enough, censorship’s touch can be light in the oasis of freedom, but ahimsa heals the world of all its ills.
meh, a lil violence, now and then, can be cleansing
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:22 am Image
Yes, but unless you are moribund or dead you have to make decisions. If you have severe clinical depression someone else makes decisions for you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:29 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:22 am Image
Yes, but unless you are moribund or dead you have to make decisions. If you have severe clinical depression someone else makes decisions for you.
People can consent to just about anything they want to. Including allowing other people to be making choices and decisions for them.

Other people choose their own way. They choose to let go of the deluded '' I can / can I make it better game ''

What difference does it make whether you live a day or a hundred years...death is a permanent place for all those with an identity.

I've felt depression, sometimes it felt severe. I got myself better, I did not seek help. I'm tough and I'm awake, and I'm intelligent. I knew how to live without it overwhelming me. I knew there was nothing really wrong with me except my deluded addiction to thoughts as if they were real. I started to use my intelligence and think about how I never felt depressed in deep sleep. That's when I knew there was nothing wrong with me at all, despite the false illusory sense there was, despite others telling me I need to get fixed. Or that I need to take some magic pill that would make all my feelings go away. I learnt to embrace all feeling. I knew I didn't have to feed a feeling, and if I didn't it would disappear from my attention, because depression starved of attention has no place to hang out.

Also, there is a cure for depressive mental illness...but no one wants to hear about it. So the pain and suffering continues, except for those who find themself, and it's those who really find themselves who promptly let it go, in an instant, never giving it breathing space ever again.
henry quirk

Worst Quote of the day

Post by henry quirk »

The world is today overpopulated, with a degrading environment, due to the excess and folly of several past generations.

horseshit
attofishpi

Quote of common sense

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:35 pm The world is today overpopulated, with a degrading environment, due to the excess and folly of several past generations.

horseshit
Compare India to Australia. :D
Walker

Post by Walker »

India has been degrading for thousands of years, maybe even since the old-timers derived language from bird songs, but it just keeps hanging in there and will probably still be sustained after others fade away.
Walker

Post by Walker »

There is no shortage of food in the world. The problem with hunger is food distribution. The problem with food distribution is human corruption that uses food and lives as power pawns.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:38 am There is no shortage of food in the world. The problem with hunger is food distribution. The problem with food distribution is human corruption that uses food and lives as power pawns.
👍