Quote of the day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:58 am
It's better to do evil than to do nothing.
Famous (or perhaps infamous) saying. Not sure I agree with it or not but it does set me to think about things. I guess it depends upon what one is referring to as "evil". If it's something trivial like doing a half-ass job at house painting in Austria, then not much of a problem. If it's on the scale of epic evil, then it's pretty problematic, I think.
:lol:

It would be interesting to mount that quote on the wall of a medical waiting room and ask people what they think.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

“Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, and ages, it is the rule.” -Nietzsche
Walker

Post by Walker »

“Just look at all that garbage on the ground!”

Public reaction over the 40 tons of litter trashing the Washington Mall after Obama’s inauguration.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

"Christmas lights are like Jeffrey Epstein...they don't just hang themselves."
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:27 pm "Christmas lights are like Jeffrey Epstein...they don't just hang themselves."
HA!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:20 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:27 pm "Christmas lights are like Jeffrey Epstein...they don't just hang themselves."
HA!
Not "too soon" for that joke? :wink:
Walker

Post by Walker »

"Man O Day, am I ever thirsty."

Gonna go drink me a great big glass of dirty, filthy water.

'Cause that's what I want for everyone!

:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

"All is fair in love and war."
Walker

Post by Walker »

"They left this place cleaner than they found it!"

Public reaction after President Trump's inauguration.

So, who has the planet-trashing mindset? You know who. Those who put more weight on empty words than on results.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:11 pm "They left this place cleaner than they found it!"

So, who has the planet-trashing mindset? You know who. Those who put more weight on empty words than on results.
If anyone actually said that, it would have been an exaggeration - poking fun at how only a few people turned up.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:11 pm "They left this place cleaner than they found it!"

If anyone actually said that, it would have been an exaggeration - poking fun at how only a few people turned up.
I said it. So did others.

Well, you can bet no Leftist media said it, or quoted anyone saying it, and since that's the primary source of US news for the world, there you go.

Thing is, the poke is all in the poker's head because it’s a fantasy. You know what the dishonest, Leftist media did? Published photographs of the event early, when people were just showing up.

You know what else they did? Whenever Trump had an event they never turned the camera to show the immense crowd, something that Trump often noted while speaking.

On the few rare occasions that Biden appeared in public, they didn’t show the empty venues, only the few folks clustered in front of him.

What a power message Biden must have had, to not campaign and win the most votes of any presidential candidate in the history of US elections, by far! When before the election Nancy Pelosi publicaly said that the election count would not matter, that Biden was going to be president, she for once wasn’t talking out of her ass.

What was that message?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Ignoring one's own access to mind is a terrible waste.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:24 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 pm

I said it. So did others.

Well, you can bet no Leftist media said it, or quoted anyone saying it, and since that's the primary source of US news for the world, there you go.

Thing is, the poke is all in the poker's head because it’s a fantasy. You know what the dishonest, Leftist media did? Published photographs of the event early, when people were just showing up.

You know what else they did? Whenever Trump had an event they never turned the camera to show the immense crowd, something that Trump often noted while speaking.

On the few rare occasions that Biden appeared in public, they didn’t show the empty venues, only the few folks clustered in front of him.

What a power message Biden must have had, to not campaign and win the most votes of any presidential candidate in the history of US elections, by far! When before the election Nancy Pelosi publicaly said that the election count would not matter, that Biden was going to be president, she for once wasn’t talking out of her ass.

What was that message?
Who cares about LOADS of cheering morons? You lot treat your politicians like rock stars or sport champions, a ridiculous notion to the rest of democratic nations where the voters see through all the pomp and busllshit spin and are interested in policy not charisma.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Who cares? You, that's who. Crowd size was your concern, so that answers your question.
I simply corrected your stated delusion. The crowds were big, not small.

And not only that, but back to my point, Trump supporters are not planet trashers like the woke Obamanies who are planet trashers in practice, who left 40 tons of their filth and litter in the national mall during his emaculation, and who are easily swayed by superficial style such as a sharp, European cut suit. Or socks.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Never loan money to a saint if you expect to be repaid ... with money.

That removes the possible himsa of kneecapping from the situation.