Virtue-signalling tip

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Virtue-signalling tip

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:10 am
gaffo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:02 pmI suspect Gates has become a better man than he used to be (via his wife), but he invented nothing (he had no intelligence to invent, only to exploit - which he did via Patterson - who i assume had more of a qift to invent, but less to exploit - so was "Taken")

Gates was never a visionary, just a solely opportunist.

Gates is a "hack" IMO, he is a wolf and so knows how to take from clowns
What a load of rubbish!! Bill Gates was and still is a genius.
For crying out loud, since when did being a cunning businessman make someone a 'genius'? Mozart was a genius. Isaac Newton was a genius. As a matter of fact great wealth seems to generally rule people out from ever being considered a 'genius' with the hindsight of history, and true 'geniuses' as such are rarely, if ever, recognised as such in their own lifetimes.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:32 pm
gaffo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:02 pmI suspect Gates has become a better man than he used to be (via his wife), but he invented nothing (he had no intelligence to invent, only to exploit - which he did via Patterson - who i assume had more of a qift to invent, but less to exploit - so was "Taken")

For crying out loud, since when did being a cunning businessman make someone a 'genius'? Mozart was a genius. Isaac Newton was a genius. As a matter of fact great wealth seems to generally rule people out from ever being considered a 'genius' with the hindsight of history, and true 'geniuses' as such are rarely, if ever, recognised as such in their own lifetimes.
I read his biography in the 90s. He developed an early operating system in assembly programming to accompany a build your own kit computer for enthusiasts. There was also something he understood about the Holy Trinity to an extremely deep level that I still need to investigate.
Apparently he is still active in the programmer enthusiast community - on reddit - so yeah, respect.
Last edited by attofishpi on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:49 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:32 pm

I read his biography in the 90s. He developed an early operating system with a lot of hex level programming to accompany a build your own kit computer for enthusiasts. There was also something he understood about the Holy Trinity to an extremely deep level that I still need to investigate.
Apparently he is still active in the programmer enthusiast community - on reddit - so yeah, respect.
'Holy Trinity'?? Is that some computer nerd term? 'Genius'. ANOTHER word that gets bandied about these days by ignoramuses, to describe everyone from Michael Jackson to Donald Trump FFS.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

great reply - lol.

maybe you can expand upon why Gates is your genius and Patterson is a nobody?

I think the nobody has more talent than your hero, so show me my misstake.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:02 am

great reply - lol.

I didn't say Patterson is a nobody.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:00 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:02 am

great reply - lol.

I didn't say Patterson is a nobody.
fine, i mentioned Patterson (who got took not knowing the future importance that DOS would take after he gave it to Gates and Gates licenced it to IBM.

and that other fellow that worked for DEC and had CP/M and did not show up for the IBM meeting.

both lack understanding of future history, Gates bought what he thought he could see to IBM and did so with great success.

but the fact remains, that Gates was a top opportunist, but a zero visionary/tallent to invent.

whomever invented OS/2 as worker bees had orders more tallent, IBM being a dinosaur lacked the mentality (and marketing) to support their own employees in the long term, and instead threw the far better OS - OS/2 Warp under the bus for the lesser and to frant utter shit OS DOS/Windows95/98.

and the rest is history.

even today, Windows NT/Widows XP/7/8/10 is technically lesser than both Warp of 20 yrs ago, and Linux (and Apple's NeXt - now called 10 - which is essentially a Unix BSB variant).

------

we should not forget Be-OS either, maybe the best OS of all - esp in 1998, but they failed to seal the deal with Apple, and instead of releasing their code to the GPL, clutched it like pearls - like Sun with their OS - and so it died on the vine, rather than lived on, as Linux did/has.

oh well hindsight is 2020.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

patterson got 30K though!!!!!!!!

lol.
Walker

Post by Walker »

gaffo, you must have missed this question, however an answer has appeared.
Walker wrote:How does a commie become a millionaire?
How a commie gets rich.
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2020/01 ... t-charity/
SCHWEIZER: One of the dirty secrets in Washington, DC, is — if you’re running for office — you do media buys. Alex, if you ran for the Senate and you said to me, “Peter, I want you to buy a million dollars in television ads.” I, as your media buyer, it would show up on the FEC filing that you gave a million dollars to my company. But the industry standard is, I’m entitled to 15 percent of that as a commission for myself, but that never shows up.

Well, Bernie apparently figured this out because Jane, his wife, became his media buyer for his congressional campaigns. So we don’t know exactly how much money she got, but we believe it was probably on the magnitude of $150,000. But the big money came when he ran for president in 2016, and there’s a lot of mystery here, but I think a lot of reason to be concerned because, this time, he’s running for president. He’s got all this money — he’s going to spend $83 million on media buys, 15 percent [of that] is about a $12 million commission.