Henry Quirk must be shut down

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: Henry Quirk must be shut down

Post by Nick_A »

I'll have you know Henry that anonymous sources assert that AOC is not at all happy with your attitude. As a modern male you should be on your knees asking for her approval and guidance. Instead you expect her to be on her knees. The outrage police are now outraged. This will not do.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:49 pm I'll have you know Henry that anonymous sources assert that AOC is not at all happy with your attitude. As a modern male you should be on your knees asking for her approval and guidance. Instead you expect her to be on her knees. The outrage police are now outraged. This will not do.
Literally, it's the position she was born to assume.

And: I see their outrage and raise them well-aged disgruntlement.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:52 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:39 am
Nick_A wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:20 pm It is amazing to me that common sense has become appreciated as group think. Yet they are entirely different. Emerson wrote: “Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.” Obviously group think by definition is not genius. Maybe genius as opposed to an exaggerated talent we call genius requires common sense.

If we don't know what genius or common sense is, maybe it is better to throw in the towel and be content to argue about Trump.
Who has common sense, a Trump voter or a Clinton voter?
Neither.

Simone Weil wrote
"The difference between more or less intelligent men is like the difference between criminals condemned to life imprisonment in smaller or larger cells. The intelligent man who is proud of his intelligence is like a condemned man who is proud of his large cell.
Since we don't know or respect common sense we are restricted to arguing the size of our cells while remaining oblivious to the fact that we are in cells with no idea as to how to escape. We need common sense and what we deny to escape so everything continues as it is.
You're making something rare of "common sense," when you say that no voter has any.

What is rare is not common, and cannot be common sense.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:20 pm It is amazing to me that common sense has become appreciated as group think. Yet they are entirely different. Emerson wrote: “Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.” Obviously group think by definition is not genius. Maybe genius as opposed to an exaggerated talent we call genius requires common sense.

If we don't know what genius or common sense is, maybe it is better to throw in the towel and be content to argue about Trump.
Since Trump hasn't killed anyone (that we know of) he is the better choice of the 'Worst of the worst'. Killiry is slightly worse that Trump.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

Killiry gets support only because she is a woman, not for what she has done.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Walker wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:40 am
Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:52 pm
Neither.

Simone Weil wrote
"The difference between more or less intelligent men is like the difference between criminals condemned to life imprisonment in smaller or larger cells. The intelligent man who is proud of his intelligence is like a condemned man who is proud of his large cell.
Since we don't know or respect common sense we are restricted to arguing the size of our cells while remaining oblivious to the fact that we are in cells with no idea as to how to escape. We need common sense and what we deny to escape so everything continues as it is.
You're making something rare of "common sense," when you say that no voter has any.

What is rare is not common, and cannot be common sense.
I didn't mean that no voter has common sense but rather that we don't agree on what it is or why Emerson would call it genius., If we don't agree on what common sense is how can it be meaningfully discussed?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Then you're likely to agree that common sense is common, and not rare.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:31 am Then you're likely to agree that common sense is common, and not rare.
"Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done." Josh Billings

Being slaves to imagination as a whole, the human condition has made it so that our species lacks the conscious ability to see things as they are and the will to do what ought to be done. That is why common sense is so rare..
Walker

Post by Walker »

Then it's no wonder so many lay claim.

This sense is misnamed. It should be called rare sense, or uncommon sense.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:05 pm Then it's no wonder so many lay claim.

I prefer the ancient concept that common sense occurs when we experience phenomenon consciously with the whole of ourselves - simultaneously with our reason, our feelings, and our senses. When we can we have a common sense experience.

But we don't live this way. Normally we experience with one dominant sense so must live out of balance and without common sense or what the senses have in common.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:26 pm

I prefer the ancient concept that common sense occurs when we experience phenomenon consciously with the whole of ourselves - simultaneously with our reason, our feelings, and our senses. When we can we have a common sense experience.

But we don't live this way. Normally we experience with one dominant sense so must live out of balance and without common sense or what the senses have in common.
Ah, the holistic sense. I can see why folks stick with the mislabel of common sense. Holistic is bit too new-agey, not suitable for down on the farm commonsense salt of the earth practicality.

I recently read: "The eye awareness of a Buddha can see, hear, taste, smell, and touch."

Imagine such a thing.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:38 pm
Nick_A wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:26 pm

Ah, the holistic sense. I can see why folks stick with the mislabel of common sense. Holistic is bit too new-agey, not suitable for down on the farm commonsense salt of the earth practicality.

I recently read: "The eye awareness of a Buddha can see, hear, taste, smell, and touch."

Imagine such a thing.
It is too insulting to consider for those who already believe they have this awareness.

“Only dead fish swim with the stream.” Malcolm Muggeridge

Why does it seem impractical that there may be some live fish willing to swim upstream to return to their source? Yes, I know, how many of the educated elite could ever consider that they may be like dead fish? People have been shot for less.