A Warm Feeling

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:00 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:52 pm
There is a world of difference.
I already said that there's a difference - its just not different in any way that actually matters, for what we're talking about. What you're trying to do is concoct this absurd moral discrepancy in your head, because the idea of hunting doesn't seem as 'normal' to you.
Modern hunting is something people do for pleasure.
Oh my god, this fucking shit again. Well since this assertion keeps coming up from a bunch of internet jackoffs who have never actually tried to converse with a hunter (because oh, how appalling) how about I show you what the actual 'statistics' say?

https://www.ammoland.com/2013/10/new-re ... z2iIaF0wVQ

There are plenty of hunters who state that the primary reason for hunting is indeed the sport - it's far from the majority. Even among those that state recreation as the primary reason - as the study points out - it's not to say those people aren't collecting resources from the animal, as well. They are, in nearly every instance because there are actually a lot of laws around that sort of thing in the states. There are foraging laws protecting bears, if you have the intention of hunting them without collecting their meat, for example.

With that said - hunting for sport =/= "feels good to blow the life out of something;" That is the most grotesque interpretation you could make from such a statement. It's hard to explain this to someone who has never hunted before, but in the same way that fishing for recreation is not about torturing fish with oxygen deprivation and tricking it onto a spiked hook. That's not what's going through most people's mind when they're doing this.
It makes them feel good to blow the life out of something that is only doing its best to survive in the wild--a difficult enough job without some gun-happy moron with a he-man complex creeping about with an idiot-proof rifle pointed at it.
No, not a difficult job - it's an impossible one. Very, very, very few animals out in the wild are living to the full extent of their potential life; We are pretty much the only animals on the face of the earth who have managed to do this. The vast majority of elk, boar, duck, etc are going to go off to be viciously slaughtered by coyotes, wolves, or mountain lions. And the same thing happens to those animals, as well. Just like the poachers were in the article you linked to in the OP; There's no discrimination to them, here.

That is, if they haven't been taken by untreated parasites, bacteria, cancer, or starvation yet. Death by being 'hunted' is a significantly less painful way for these creatures to die. Its convenient for the animal-rights loons to departmentalize this fact from their brain, because it puts them in an awkward position where hunting (regardless of the motivation) actually becomes the more humane option, but they still intuitively feel as though it's wrong.
Humans have farmed animals for thousands of years.
That's great - humans have hunted for even longer than that. What's your point?
The rhino is extremely endangered, and for nothing more than pathetic superstition. The killers are psychopaths who don't give a second thought to the horrible death they are condemning any offspring to--like being pecked to death by vultures. You really think someone like that deserves sympathy??
I completely agree with you that we shouldn't hunt rhinos. But I'm also not sure those two statements can really mix - if it's done due to superstition, it's probably not an act of psychopathy; If someone genuinely believes that a rhino horn holds the power to eternal youth... wouldn't it make sense for that person to try to get their hands on one?

And I don't know, what about the vultures that have chosen to peck the baby rhino to death? Do they not have any culpability in this? Is this sympathy game just a one-way street for other animals, we have all this culpability for viciously killing them, but they have no culpability when they viciously kill themselves? That seems pretty convenient, to me.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 am

Sculptor wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:24 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:52 pm
I don't hunt.
I killed animals I raised for the purpose of eating.
Are you too stupid to see there is a big difference?
..Well I agree there's a difference. Though, I think what you're doing, is going back in your own mind to retrospectively justify what you did in order to not seem like a blatant hypocrite after making such a declarative statement of people who kill animals through hunting. There's for sure a difference here, it's just a bit iffy what you think differentiates the two so much, morally speaking.
You're talking like a nonce. I've no need to justify myself to you are anyone else.
Right, that's the point I just made; You're more interested in justifying it to yourself.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:08 am

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:52 pm
There is a world of difference.
I already said that there's a difference - its just not different in any way that actually matters, for what we're talking about. What you're trying to do is concoct this absurd moral discrepancy in your head, because the idea of hunting doesn't seem as 'normal' to you.
Modern hunting is something people do for pleasure.
Oh my god, this fucking shit again. Well since this assertion keeps coming up from a bunch of internet jackoffs who have never actually tried to converse with a hunter (because oh, how appalling) how about I show you what the actual 'statistics' say?

https://www.ammoland.com/2013/10/new-re ... z2iIaF0wVQ

There are plenty of hunters who state that the primary reason for hunting is indeed the sport - it's far from the majority. Even among those that state recreation as the primary reason - as the study points out - it's not to say those people aren't collecting resources from the animal, as well. They are, in nearly every instance because there are actually a lot of laws around that sort of thing in the states. There are foraging laws protecting bears, if you have the intention of hunting them without collecting their meat, for example.

With that said - hunting for sport =/= "feels good to blow the life out of something;" That is the most grotesque interpretation you could make from such a statement. It's hard to explain this to someone who has never hunted before, but in the same way that fishing for recreation is not about torturing fish with oxygen deprivation and tricking it onto a spiked hook. That's not what's going through most people's mind when they're doing this.
It makes them feel good to blow the life out of something that is only doing its best to survive in the wild--a difficult enough job without some gun-happy moron with a he-man complex creeping about with an idiot-proof rifle pointed at it.
No, not a difficult job - it's an impossible one. Very, very, very few animals out in the wild are living to the full extent of their potential life; We are pretty much the only animals on the face of the earth who have managed to do this. The vast majority of elk, boar, duck, etc are going to go off to be viciously slaughtered by coyotes, wolves, or mountain lions. And the same thing happens to those animals, as well. Just like the poachers were in the article you linked to in the OP; There's no discrimination to them, here.

That is, if they haven't been taken by untreated parasites, bacteria, cancer, or starvation yet. Death by being 'hunted' is a significantly less painful way for these creatures to die. Its convenient for the animal-rights loons to departmentalize this fact from their brain, because it puts them in an awkward position where hunting (regardless of the motivation) actually becomes the more humane option, but they still intuitively feel as though it's wrong.
Humans have farmed animals for thousands of years.
That's great - humans have hunted for even longer than that. What's your point?
The rhino is extremely endangered, and for nothing more than pathetic superstition. The killers are psychopaths who don't give a second thought to the horrible death they are condemning any offspring to--like being pecked to death by vultures. You really think someone like that deserves sympathy??
I completely agree with you that we shouldn't hunt rhinos. But I'm also not sure those two statements can really mix - if it's done due to superstition, it's probably not an act of psychopathy; If someone genuinely believes that a rhino horn holds the power to eternal youth... wouldn't it make sense for that person to try to get their hands on one?

And I don't know, what about the vultures that have chosen to peck the baby rhino to death? Do they not have any culpability in this? Is this sympathy game just a one-way street for other animals, we have all this culpability for viciously killing them, but they have no culpability when they viciously kill themselves? That seems pretty convenient, to me.
Oh please. Try to justify it all you want. Hunters are a bunch of wankers (usually well-heeled to afford the idiot-proof weapons they use). Cecil the lion was 13 years old when he was murdered so get your facts straight fool.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:23 am

..And how many other animals do you think cecil murdered?

Honestly, you can impute whatever you want onto hunters. I've been more focused on the pragmatic case for it. I just think that if what you were saying about hunters were true, them being these reckless, trigger-happy psychopaths with no philosophical regard for what they're doing - we'd see that translate in other ways. Like, is there a large percentage of hunters who go on to commit violent crimes? Are they snapping the necks of every household pet they see?

I don't think so; They seem pretty in-tune with it.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:06 am

I think the expression is 'facepalm'.

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Sculptor » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:42 am

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 am
Sculptor wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:24 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:22 pm
..Well I agree there's a difference. Though, I think what you're doing, is going back in your own mind to retrospectively justify what you did in order to not seem like a blatant hypocrite after making such a declarative statement of people who kill animals through hunting. There's for sure a difference here, it's just a bit iffy what you think differentiates the two so much, morally speaking.
You're talking like a nonce. I've no need to justify myself to you are anyone else.
Right, that's the point I just made; You're more interested in justifying it to yourself.
Of you could just fuck off

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2824
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by -1- » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:08 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:22 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 am


Even better :lol:
Mean.while their family is starving. Blame the demand not the supply.
That's bullshit. They make a hell of a lot of money. It's about greed and nothing else. If they wanted to feed their 'starving families' then they would be hunting ACTUAL FOOD. How racist of you to assume they are black and starving. Are all Africans starving?? Many of the people who are trying to PROTECT the rhino are black Africans, and they don't appear to be starving. How far would the top brass get if they didn't have killers willing to do anything for money?
They leave baby rhinos crying by their dead and mutilated mothers. They are psychopaths who don't give a fuck about anything but money. It's about greed--NOT feeding starving families. They deserved what they got, but you are right; it's just a shame that those higher up don't share the same fate along with all those superstitious Asian morons who think rhino horn has magical powers.

''The claim that 12 people die of hunger every minute in Africa is not supported by the available data.

The World Health Organisation’s admittedly imperfect mortality data suggests that fewer than 400,000 people died in Africa as a result of “nutritional deficiencies” in 2011, far lower than the 6.3-million suggested by the claim. The global estimate of 2.6-million children under the age of five , whose deaths are linked to malnutrition, is also far below the figure claimed for Africa alone.

Hunger and malnutrition pose serious challenges on the African continent and even the lower figure of 400,000 people dying as a result of “nutritional deficiencies” is shocking – not far off one death a minute. As Giyose stated, it is unacceptable. But to combat hunger and malnutrition in targeted manner, aid organisations and governments need accurate data to devise policies and properly allocate scarce resources. Claims such as this do not help. More and better developed data is needed.''


They used to claim it was 'every six seconds' but had to withdraw that because it meant there wouldn't have been anyone left in Africa in a fairly short time.
There is also big money to be made out of the 'starving African' industry.
No, no. The families of the fucking LIONS are starving. Too many lions, not enough poachers.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2824
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by -1- » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:10 am

Sculptor wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:42 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 am
Sculptor wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:24 pm
You're talking like a nonce. I've no need to justify myself to you are anyone else.
Right, that's the point I just made; You're more interested in justifying it to yourself.
Or you could just fuck off
Honey... warm the water for the cannibal soup.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2824
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by -1- » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:13 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:08 am
Cecil the lion was 13 years old when he was murdered so get your facts straight fool.
Was this before or after his bar-mitzvah?

They say elephants have a superb memory. I bet Cecil will never forget the day he was murdered.

Wait... lions are not elephants.

Scratch what I just said.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests