A Warm Feeling

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 pm

I realise this is fairly old news, and doesn't happen often enough, but it still brings a smile to my face when I think about it.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/lions-e ... uth-africa
lion dinner a.jpg
lion dinner a.jpg (54.91 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Walker
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Walker » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Image

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Walker wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Image
I love Gary Larson :)

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Imagine the sheer terror of being surrounded by a group of hungry lions, knowing you are about to be eaten alive, wondering which bit they will go for first. Anyone else it would be a tragedy. For hunters and poachers it's bliss.

Walker
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Walker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:28 pm
Imagine the sheer terror of being surrounded by a group of hungry lions, knowing you are about to be eaten alive, wondering which bit they will go for first. Anyone else it would be a tragedy. For hunters and poachers it's bliss.
Like a housecat with a mouse, a big cat may play with a small poacher before dining.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 am

Walker wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:28 pm
Imagine the sheer terror of being surrounded by a group of hungry lions, knowing you are about to be eaten alive, wondering which bit they will go for first. Anyone else it would be a tragedy. For hunters and poachers it's bliss.
Like a housecat with a mouse, a big cat may play with a small poacher before dining.
Even better :lol:

Walker
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Walker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:31 pm

The lions are savagely innocent.

Isaiah 11:6 King James Version (KJV)
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

There are youtube videos of innocent leopards playing with kids before dining.

:shock:

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by attofishpi » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 am
Walker wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:28 pm
Imagine the sheer terror of being surrounded by a group of hungry lions, knowing you are about to be eaten alive, wondering which bit they will go for first. Anyone else it would be a tragedy. For hunters and poachers it's bliss.
Like a housecat with a mouse, a big cat may play with a small poacher before dining.
Even better :lol:
Mean.while their family is starving. Blame the demand not the supply.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:22 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 am
Walker wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 am

Like a housecat with a mouse, a big cat may play with a small poacher before dining.
Even better :lol:
Mean.while their family is starving. Blame the demand not the supply.
That's bullshit. They make a hell of a lot of money. It's about greed and nothing else. If they wanted to feed their 'starving families' then they would be hunting ACTUAL FOOD. How racist of you to assume they are black and starving. Are all Africans starving?? Many of the people who are trying to PROTECT the rhino are black Africans, and they don't appear to be starving. How far would the top brass get if they didn't have killers willing to do anything for money?
They leave baby rhinos crying by their dead and mutilated mothers. They are psychopaths who don't give a fuck about anything but money. It's about greed--NOT feeding starving families. They deserved what they got, but you are right; it's just a shame that those higher up don't share the same fate along with all those superstitious Asian morons who think rhino horn has magical powers.

''The claim that 12 people die of hunger every minute in Africa is not supported by the available data.

The World Health Organisation’s admittedly imperfect mortality data suggests that fewer than 400,000 people died in Africa as a result of “nutritional deficiencies” in 2011, far lower than the 6.3-million suggested by the claim. The global estimate of 2.6-million children under the age of five , whose deaths are linked to malnutrition, is also far below the figure claimed for Africa alone.

Hunger and malnutrition pose serious challenges on the African continent and even the lower figure of 400,000 people dying as a result of “nutritional deficiencies” is shocking – not far off one death a minute. As Giyose stated, it is unacceptable. But to combat hunger and malnutrition in targeted manner, aid organisations and governments need accurate data to devise policies and properly allocate scarce resources. Claims such as this do not help. More and better developed data is needed.''


They used to claim it was 'every six seconds' but had to withdraw that because it meant there wouldn't have been anyone left in Africa in a fairly short time.
There is also big money to be made out of the 'starving African' industry.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:30 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:22 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 am


Even better :lol:
Mean.while their family is starving. Blame the demand not the supply.
That's bullshit. They make a hell of a lot of money. It's about greed and nothing else. If they wanted to feed their 'starving families' then they would be hunting ACTUAL FOOD. How racist of you to assume those bastards are black and starving.
Oh ..I thought they were starving white people that like to make the delicious rhino & leak soup.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:32 am

Walker wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:31 pm
The lions are savagely innocent.

Isaiah 11:6 King James Version (KJV)
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

There are youtube videos of innocent leopards playing with kids before dining.

:shock:
Do you have a point or are you just lurking?

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:26 am

I'm gonna be the voice of dissemination here and say that I don't think they got what they deserve; I have a large amount of respect and appreciation for actual, licensed hunters with all the right research, but I don't think poachers deserve to die...No.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:15 am

Good for you, resident psychopath. The lions clearly felt differently.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:14 am

Hang on. What about all the traffic jams rhinos cause AND the fact that Asians need the aphrodisiac from the horn of the rhino so that they can breed more.

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: A Warm Feeling

Post by Sculptor » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:14 am
Hang on. What about all the traffic jams rhinos cause AND the fact that Asians need the aphrodisiac from the horn of the rhino so that they can breed more.
... cos their ain't enough of em already.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests