NEW "James" Bond to be Black Woman

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: NEW "James" Bond to be Black Woman

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:55 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:30 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:10 am TV was best in the early 90's with X-files,
boring predictable, formulaic
pearls before swine i guess ;-(.
Every episode was basically the same.
Mulder open minded gullible; skully scientific skeptic; argue over a stupid predictable scenario.
Will they ever shag?
Did I give a fuck?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

-1- wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 am I read Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy and the book was funnier and much deeper than the movie.
Originally it was a Radio drama.
Then a short TV series
The film was a complete fuc ing tradegy and waste of time. I like Martin Freeman but not as Arthur Dent, who was much better represented by Simon Jones who did him in 1978 and 1981 for the radio and tv.

The radio series is available on CD in five parts from Primary Phase to Quintessential phase.
It is excellent. These allow the imagination to flesh out the story in a way that no TV or film could ever do.

IT is interesting to note that many a HGTTG nerd credits Adam Douglas with the conceptual invention of the Internet because of "The Book" - a source of constantly updated information available anywhere.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Well put, Sculptor.
-1-

Post by -1- »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:57 am why do you like TV filled with assholes as main characters?
It's a refreshing change from the ceaseless pressure to get you to identify with characters with PC personality disorder.

BTW, Dexter is not an asshole. I had to stop watching it, though, despite its well-paced story line, despite its consistent characterization, and despite its occasional brilliant human insight, because I could not stand the whining by Dexter's half-sister (or not even half... maybe step-sister?) She started to whine at around disk 6, and she never stopped. I had to fast forward the scenes of her voice half-crying, half sucking shit, it irritated me so much. And the writers never lifted her attitude out of that ass-sucking state. They destroyed the rest of the series for me, the fucking idiots.

Another thing I did not like about Dexter is his son's characterization. At 4 or 5 he displays the intellect of an 18-month-old. He is retarded, but he is not, and it destroyed the up to then so effortless temporary suspension of disbelief while watching the show.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Another reason I stopped watching Dexter is the sex-scenes with that bovine ****, the former Captain. Forgot her screen name. She's a fat, deformed ****, with big, bulging eyes, nothing attractive about her. And the sex scenes were gross, made you wanna puke. They came up on Series 4, and luckily I had watched the series skipping those disks, because they were not available in sequence. When I had watched almost the entire set, (but not quite, due to my upset stomach with the whining bitch), that's when I got series 4. So lucky! That bitch all by herself and her sex scenes could make TV into a discontinued type of entertainment venue. One sight of her pining for love would make a horny rhinoceros into a whimpering little sick wet puppy.
Walker

Post by Walker »

gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:42 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:30 am

boring predictable, formulaic
Mulder open minded gullible; skully scientific skeptic; argue over a stupid predictable scenario.
Will they ever shag?
Did I give a fuck?
ya, per that show.

and Nowhere Man, Space above and Beyond? (they were better shows - esp the former).

"boring too" lol.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:24 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:57 am why do you like TV filled with assholes as main characters?
It's a refreshing change from the ceaseless pressure to get you to identify with characters with PC personality disorder.
I reject your "false choice" per characters.

I stated prior i hate any TV show post 2000............so only like "old shows"

where the characters are not asshole nor PC.

-1- wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:24 am BTW, Dexter is not an asshole. I had to stop watching it, though, despite its well-paced story line, despite its consistent characterization, and despite its occasional brilliant human insight, because I could not stand the whining by Dexter's half-sister (or not even half... maybe step-sister?) She started to whine at around disk 6, and she never stopped. I had to fast forward the scenes of her voice half-crying, half sucking shit, it irritated me so much. And the writers never lifted her attitude out of that ass-sucking state. They destroyed the rest of the series for me, the fucking idiots.
Dexter is the serial killer gone good (lol - i've not bothered to watch it, but my understanding is he tries to "one up" other serial killers - ie. so a good guy and catches them).

not realistic in the least, serial killers have no wish to turn in their kin. in the real wold Dexter would not bother either way being an egoist, the last thing he would do is aid in the capture of his kin.

I like to be able to identify with the character - and that leaves me out of TV since 2000 or so.

last show i actually liked and have the DVDs of (PAL only - not offered in US - but my DVD player playsback PAL so ok personally) is Journeyman.

12 yr old tv show (yes cancelled before its time, like Firefly).
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Will they ever shag?
Did I give a fuck?
ya, per that show.

and Nowhere Man, Space above and Beyond? (they were better shows - esp the former).

"boring too" lol.
Never seen either show. Had to look them up on IMDB.
I note they score high.
I don't know if they made it to TV in the UK, I was not watching much TV in the 1990s.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:33 am Another reason I stopped watching Dexter is the sex-scenes with that bovine ****,
more PC - have to have gay stuff today in all shows.

another reason to just turn the boobtube off.

you want to watch good shows,

watch pre 2000 stuff.

the best of TV is 70 era Brit stuff. 6 wives of henry 8th, elizebeth R, I claudious, Danger UXB, etc.......(all the stuff i had on my YT channel 2 yrs ago before it was removed for copyriech violation).

go to 70's brit costume drama if you value good stuff IMO.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 pm

Your admitted ignorance about post 2000 TV does not give you the right to talk about any post 2000 TV.
You are just making an arse of yourself.

Your clear misunderstanding of Dexter is a case in point.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:40 pm
Will they ever shag?
Did I give a fuck?
ya, per that show.

"boring too" lol.
I note they score high.
I don't know if they made it to TV in the UK, I was not watching much TV in the 1990s.
well there were YT channels with both - 4-5 yrs ago, but now removed for copyriech violations.

YT is much less a source of disscovery that it used to be. I only knew of Nowhere Man due to an other's YT channel offer it up 7 yrs ago, and me liking and buying the DVD set of.

and ya, those shows are now forgotten and "out of print" - so if you know of them (and most do not due to them being removed from YT) - you have to pay a premium to get the out of print DVDs of.

sadly.

i miss the old YT - before she got anal with copyrichs - i rem when many movies and tv shows used to be offer there.

Daily Motion is not so anal (france never signed up to the DMCA - but is kinda still piss poor in service - only 60 minutes or less per vid (so movies like Threads are parced (Threads was offered on YT years ago - gone now of course- like everything else) - and the servers suck, so half the time you get pauses, or lower resolution/etc).

threads is on Internet Archive though - for how long? - not long i suspect due to it being copyrieched, but if you have an interest you can find it via google probably.

Threads is the best ww3 movie ever made - it will take 2 weeks off your life with each viewing though - its that good.

lol.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:49 pm

ya, per that show.

"boring too" lol.
I note they score high.
well there were YT channels with both - 4-5 yrs ago, but now removed for copyriech violations.
What is YT?
Threads is the best ww3 movie ever made - it will take 2 weeks off your life with each viewing though - its that good.

lol.
There are 3 listings for Threads on IMDB.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 pm

-1- wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:24 am BTW, Dexter is not an asshole. I had to stop watching it, though, despite its well-paced story line, despite its consistent characterization, and despite its occasional brilliant human insight, because I could not stand the whining by Dexter's half-sister (or not even half... maybe step-sister?) She started to whine at around disk 6, and she never stopped. I had to fast forward the scenes of her voice half-crying, half sucking shit, it irritated me so much. And the writers never lifted her attitude out of that ass-sucking state. They destroyed the rest of the series for me, the fucking idiots.
Dexter is the serial killer gone good (lol - i've not bothered to watch it, but my understanding is he tries to "one up" other serial killers - ie. so a good guy and catches them).

not realistic in the least, serial killers have no wish to turn in their kin. in the real wold Dexter would not bother either way being an egoist, the last thing he would do is aid in the capture of his kin.

I like to be able to identify with the character - and that leaves me out of TV since 2000 or so.

last show i actually liked and have the DVDs of (PAL only - not offered in US - but my DVD player playsback PAL so ok personally) is Journeyman.

12 yr old tv show (yes cancelled before its time, like Firefly).
The 'noble' serial killer. Could the yanks get any more depraved? What's next, a sit-com about a sassy paedophile with a heart of gold?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:46 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:49 pm
I note they score high.
What is YT?

lol.
There are 3 listings for Threads on IMDB.
YT is youtube!

Threads (best ww3 movie ever made - yes i had the DVD years ago, and bought the Bluray (yes the stock film is 16 mm, but the Bluray does look better than the 15 yr old DVD - so worth it (if you value death - lol), its not as good as 32 mm, but better than DVD so ok).

https://archive.org/details/threads_201712

I guess i have to take your hand and guide you.

not trying to be a dick, - ya maybe i am, but there is google, and i gave you the link for you!!!!

ok, no matter.

view and lose 2 weeks from your life. ;-/.

Threads is in top 20 of all time BTW