How would you answer?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

A_Seagull

How would you answer?

Post by A_Seagull »

Suppose you lived long long ago in the early stone age, after language was invented but before any concepts of science or evolution or religion.
Suppose a youth in your tribe approached you with a question:
"Oh wise one...... I can make an axe by chipping bits off a rock and fastening a stick to it using sinews from this bush. And then I have an axe which I made. So how was I made? Where did we come from? Please educate me, oh wise one."
How would you answer?
-1-

Re: How would you answer?

Post by -1- »

A_Seagull wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:51 pm Suppose you lived long long ago in the early stone age, after language was invented but before any concepts of science or evolution or religion.
"Oh wise one...... I can make an axe by chipping bits off a rock and fastening a stick to it using sinews from this bush. And then I have an axe which I made. So how was I made? Where did we come from? Please educate me, oh wise one."
How would you answer?
"You see the wily mammoth mount the weaker wiley female mammouth... every spring. You see the birds and the bees. You see turtles, flamingoes, snakes, garden dwarves, rivers, trees-- ney, you don't see the trees, but you see the leopard, the sabre-toothed tigers, the lions, the seven billion species of animals each different, yet each obeys the basic sadistic call of the universe, and the males revel in incredible pleasure while the female has even more pleasure... this is the norm, Little Grasshopper, this is how things are made, this is where it's at.

Your mother and father committed unspeakable acts against nature, and that's what the cause of your initial beginning was. You're just lucky they did not go for an abortion. Don't be afraid... man is man-made. Your mother was not a squirrel, and your father was not a tapeworm of the most noble of kinds. Now, scram."
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

A_Seagull wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:51 pm Suppose you lived long long ago in the early stone age, after language was invented but before any concepts of science or evolution or religion.
How would you answer?
depends upon the hearer.

your post reminded me of the short story by william windom "the wheel" (out of print and not findable sadly) (the guy that wrote the Triffids story btw).

about a kid in a post apocalyptic word that "invents" the wheel. He did not actually invent it, the wheel was vorbotten to use, a small child "invented" its use and a an old guy who know the kid/witnessed the kids "invention" of it, took the blame of inventing it when the "Athorities got wind of the kids invention".

options were to kill the kid for inventing the wheel (for the wheel was the start to the next nuclear world war - mindset of the authorities), or as an old man who was a friend of the kid, for the old man to lie and claim he was the inventor of the wheel.

old man dies in the kids place.

good story about fanaticism and a truth of a sort about tech = nuclear war eventually. been over 20 yrs since is heard the story - via the 70's era Radiodrama/radioreadings "Mindwebs" - via "Astronaut Zombie's" website 18 yrs ago......I've found most of Mindweb's shows vie Internet Archive website, but not that particular episode sadly. if you have it or know where i can find it to download please let me know.

its a good story about human behavior under fanatisicm.
Walker

Post by Walker »

How would you answer?
You came from inside your mother’s tummy, you little munchkin. This is why in our primitive metaphorical and allegorical explanations we say that your mother is earth, that your father is sky, and that you are always between the two, formed where they touched, part of both but neither. Earth touches sky everywhere, and everywhere is life.

Without a verifiable first cause, this science stuff that will develop in the future from the repeatable and predictable sounds used to convey thought that we now use, will fare no better at answering your questions, you little chip off the old block.

As I gaze into the tea leaves and study the bones, I see that you are ancestor to the one they will call, Gauguin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Do_ ... e_Going%3F
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

How would you answer?
Oh little one, you are quite wise yourself, for you know how to make an axe. I will educate you, but only so far.

How did you learn to make an axe out of rock, stick and sinew? Did an elder teach you? No, you taught yourself.

Likewise, you will learn how you were made and where we come from. Nature will be your teacher and you will learn by experiencing nature.

That is the way that I learned and the way that all before me learned. Someday when you are wise, a little one will ask you the same questions, for these are questions that have been asked since long ago and will be asked by each new generation.

Now, run along and see how much wood you can chop with your axe. We may need the wood sometime soon.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

How would you answer?
There are many mysteries in this world my child. Like what makes the wind blow and why the see rises and falls twice a day and why your mother will not go with me behind the big oak tree even though I give her many shiny pebbles and pretty shells.

All we know is what we know like that the sun passes over the sky each day and the stars pass over at night.

But you ask a good question and whether we will ever find an answer to it is itself a mystery, but we can have a lot of fun searching for answers.

Post by Age »

How would you answer?
Oh younger one I am not a wise one. All things are relative, so there is no wise one. There are just some who are wiser than others are, just like there are some that are younger than others are, just like you are. You are not young, but you are younger than some. Just like you are not old, but you are older than some.

So you would like to know how you were made and where we came from? Just like at least two things were needed in order to create an axe so to absolutely every thing else is made from at least two other things. You were made from two also. The one you call dad and the one you call mom made you. Dad put his penis inside the vagina of the one you call mom, and the coming together of those two things created you. It is the coming together of at least two things, which is how all things are made and created. This has been going on forever. So, where we came from, in a sense, it could be said is from right here, right now.
-1-

Post by -1- »

How would you answer?
You came to the right resource, little fellow. I know everything.

The way you was made was no little feat. I gathered woods, and made a big fire, big enough to reach to the sky. Then the sky hawks got their feathers scorched, and they fell to the Earth. They became first snakes, then gorillas, and now man.

This is how the entire shkebam started, you little meshughene. Now run along, die ganze mischpoche is waiting for your left thigh for dinner.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

-1- wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:59 pm
How would you answer?

The way you was made was no little feat. I gathered woods, and made a big fire, big enough to reach to the sky. Then the sky hawks got their feathers scorched, and they fell to the Earth. They became first snakes, then gorillas, and now man.

This is how the entire shkebam started, you little meshughene. Now run along, die ganze mischpoche is waiting for your left thigh for dinner.
Well maybe. The universe was created because here it is. But how was it created? Perhaps it always existed and keeps getting re-invented ever 13 billion years oe so.

So what will you be in the next universe?; perhaps a lizard, perhaps an eagle, perhaps a man or maybe a being that has every molecule identcal to yours. Even so 13 billion years of oblivian can drive a man insane or at least forgetful.

It would be nice if the new universe is to be created in 7 days but that doesn't seem possible unless a day is longer than we think,

Some people think that humanity has failed and it's time to start over but other people may pray for a shred of hope.

Post by Age »

jayjacobus wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:19 pm
-1- wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:59 pm
How would you answer?

Well maybe. The universe was created because here it is. But how was it created?
That is very easy. The Universe was not created in the 'past tense' sense.

The Universe is in creation, always. The, one and only, Universe is in constant-change HERE-NOW, always.

The Universe is made out of two fundamental things, which are the physical and the non-physical, or some thing and no thing, or just matter and space. One can not exist without the other, and one can not create the other, so the two have always co-existed.

The two interacting with each other create every thing, and every thing together, as one, is Everything, the Universe, or ALL-THERE-IS. This one thing is the Creator of every thing.

The physical (matter) interacting with itself can only happen freely because of the non-physical (space), and no thing (space) without things (matter or the physical) is literally just nothing. There is some thing. The Universe exists, so both matter and empty space are needed for any thing to be created. And every thing created evolves, while reacting with other things, changing or creating the "world" (or the Universe) the way it is.

Creation and evolution play an equal part. This evolving-creating process can not neither begin nor end. Some thing can not come from no thing, and, no thing can come from some thing. Therefore, the Universe has existed always.

The Universe is IN creation, always.

The Universe is, it could be said, creating its Self.

Do you have any more of those beautiful inquisitive questions younger one?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

No.

It only SEEMS like a long time to me.

So what if you are right?

Post by Age »

jayjacobus wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 pm No.
What are you saying to?
jayjacobus wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 pmIt only SEEMS like a long time to me.
What only SEEMS like a long time to you?
jayjacobus wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 pmSo what if you are right?
Nothing.

There is no prize, no winning, nor any thing else for being right.

If some thing is right, then it is not wrong. It just is, and is just.