Logik's guide to successful detox from Philosophy Now

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: Logik's guide to successful detox from Philosophy Now

Post by -1- »

Atla wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:29 am
-1- wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:10 pm Atla said in this thread that he had figured JohnDoe7 and Timekeeper/Logik were the one and the same person.
Noo T/L/pn? isn't the Johndoe
Atla, I may have misquoted you, but I seem to have recalled this. I am too busy right now to go back, to research and check, but if I made mistake by misquoting you, I apologize.

My flight leaves in a few hours and time is of the essence. I'm just sewing up loose ends right now.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:31 am
-1- wrote:"...And there was an old man, who lived in the greenwoods, and nobody knew him, or what he had done, but mothers would say to their children, beware of mad John..."

Atla said in this thread that he had figured JohnDoe7 and Timekeeper/Logik were the one and the same person. However, this remark here by you reminds me why I never did think so. One sign is that JohnDoe7 did leave an exhaustive history of his life, and of his current state of affairs, in a post a long time ago, within a year or two. But T/L was relentlessly elusive.

The other is a bit harder for me to prove... but I always sensed an air of honesty and frankness in JD7's posts. He or she never was trying to trick anyone, s/he just presented his or her theorems and theories, which were (in my opinion) incomprehensible due to his or her lack of using consensus-approved math and logic symbols. But s/he was never two-faced, s/he never did a face-about, s/he never aimed to trap people. Whereas those things were typical of T/L. Furthermore, JD7 stays on a given topic, and is happy to exhaust it... while T/L goes from topic to topic, and a conversation with him/her is never ending. He proves himself wrong or nonsensical in those long conversations, or in the least, he either contradicts himself or introduces quotes that are inconsequential to the topic. JD7 never does that. In fact, these trends are so tightly typical, and without any crossover, that I am convinced JD7 and T/L are not the same one person, while I admit that TK and L may be.
They are obviously not the same person but both are obviously smart, the difference is, for me, that JohnDoe cannot apply his smarts so is lost in his own mind swirl and Logik isn't.
I agree with you. I may add that Logic has no logic or reason issues, but he is also influenced, it seems to me and this is my personal opinion, by some psychologocial imbalances. Then again, who isn't. I believe that it is only in the amount and type of imbalance that we differ from each other as psychological beings.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:26 am
A_Seagull wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 am Well I can't resist adding my tuppence worth to this thread.

IMO Logic was not a genuine philosopher. And yes he/she was Timekeeper too. ...
Well yes, he admitted to it but so what?

What is your point?

What is a genuine philosopher?

Same as a genuine duck, but different.
I tried to engage with him to see where he was coming from.. but I couldn't find anything. When probed on his posts he would usually shift the topic somewhat with some wordy statement and couple it with some random link.. which I would never follow. It seemed to me that he would just string words together in a fairly haphazard manner as though asking other people to try to make sense of them. ...
By and large he made reasonable sense to me if you understand that he was promoting a or his philosophy and his links were generally apposite to what he was saying.
As I said to him one time.. that he seemed to know a lot but understand nothing.

So I concluded that his posts were without merit and not worth pursuing.

PS In the bots thread in the lounge, I suggested that there might be contributors to this forum who were actually bots... it was Logic that I was thinking of.
If he was then we pretty much have AI.
My point was that it doesn't take understanding to make posts like he did. Using gooogle search and wikipedia and even google translate one wouldn't even need to understand the language. Stuff a bot could do.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Logik wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:01 pm 1. Obtain a temporary e-mail address at https://www.guerrillamail.com
2. Edit your profile and update your e-mail address to the temporary one above.
3. Follow activation instructions in the message received at https://www.guerrillamail.com
4. Generate random password at https://passwordsgenerator.net/ (DO NOT write this down)
5. Edit your profile and update your password.
6. Logout

If it works this post should be final.
A post is after the fact. Post wot? Post man?

I look forward to your next mindrape. I'll just keep pillaging while you either think of a cleverer pseudonym, or just real eyes you ain't quite grasped IT.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:No sign of who you are responding to here. It also creates a huge mess when it comes to responding to you with all your little bits everywhere. No telling who wrote what.
That'll be because they were my words. :roll:
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:15 pm Ah! Well, I better bin that Msc in Foundations of Advanced I.T. and forget all about the years spent working in the computer industry starting from being a mainframe computer operator before PC's were around.
Ah! Altiars rule the world!!!!!!!! ...........and 1998.........er no............2001...........er no 2006.............um.............no.............2010.............no................um 2017..........erum............no............

ya 2020 WILL be the year of the Linux Desktop!!!!!!!!

ya, ok.

played the game of re-compiling linux kernal to get my Zip Drive and Sound blaster 16 bit audio via Caldara Linux (a POX on SCO!!!!!!!!!!!! scum of the EARTH!!!!!!!! - but their late 90's Caldara was the best disto after Slackware 2.0 at the time, and they were not dicks in 97 - though were shortly after).

suse, no, i mean Ubuntu, no i mean Ment, no.........er..........which one is now the desktop darling (when simple device drivers are not offered to make my "blank Pc box "work out of the box" - i don't give a shit! i ain't 20 something with time to recompile the fucking kernal to get shit to "just works" - 20 fucking years LATER!!!!!!!) - fk linux!

still lightyears better than windoz (and akin to OS/2 - that other great OS - as was BeOS - which IBM ignored and missmanaged into exitinction).

they say the current Ubuntu 19.04 "disco dingo" is good - maybe i will bother to try it out (more likely i will assume it will not see my ralink Wifi card and not fucking bother to even try to install the fking os, since i played that game 5 time or so over 2 decades with the ussual result - no vidoe and/or no sound and or no wifi etc............

fking rediculous........all the while the linux community is chasing the next eye candy - oh aw "KDE plasma looks so good" - no Gnome rulz KDE sucks! etc....... all the fking while my printer does not work nor my sound nor 1/3 of the things within my PC!

fk that!

end of rant

carry on
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:15 pm Well the thing is that my paltry BA(hons) in Philosophy allows me to grade the philosophy bullshitters and Logik is at a pretty good grade compared to many here. "...
Hi foghorn, i don't have a BA in Philosophy, but would like an honest cretic(sp - dylexic) of myself (per philosophy) via you.

honest question and would appreciate honest answer.

no harm no fowl beforehand, we are all adults here.

just curious.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:24 am Timeseeker argued for the existence of god, and when I called him a believer, he denied it, he stated he was an atheist. This was the push to put him on iggi.)
lol, that should do it alright.

any Athiest that then defends the existance of God is a Troll.
-1-

Post by -1- »

gaffo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 am
There can be several corollaries drawn from this.

"Any Troll that defends the existence of an Atheist is a God."

"Any God that defends the existence of a Troll is an Atheist."

ETC.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:15 pm Well the thing is that my paltry BA(hons) in Philosophy allows me to grade the philosophy bullshitters
Well that is an interesting notion.. to grade contributors...

My criteria is : Do they have something interesting to say? And a lot of people do.. and I like that as I am here to learn.

But a lot of people just seem to think they know a lot but without much understanding.. they parrot what other philosophers say and seem to think it is significant but are unable to back it up. I would say that philosophy graduates are probably the worst offenders...
Univalence

Post by Univalence »

-1- wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:24 am Timeseeker argued for the existence of god, and when I called him a believer, he denied it, he stated he was an atheist. This was the push to put him on iggi.)
The irony is of epic proportions. If I don't stop laughing soon I am probably going to shit myself.
gaffo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 am any Athiest that then defends the existance of God is a Troll.
I guess -1- is a Troll then.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:14 pm
gaffo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 am
There can be several corollaries drawn from this.

"Any Troll that defends the existence of an Atheist is a God."

"Any God that defends the existence of a Troll is an Atheist."

ETC.
nice quip - not really and so not worth reply -as you and i know.

we both know you can offer more, i reply just to remind you of this fact,

and honestly yern(sp - fk dyslexia!) to see a post by you with the mind i know you have, so i can converse with.

i.e. your particular post was crap, but know you offer more, so be more so we can converse sir.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

-1- wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:42 am...I may add that Logic has no logic or reason issues, but he is also influenced, it seems to me and this is my personal opinion, by some psychologocial imbalances. Then again, who isn't. I believe that it is only in the amount and type of imbalance that we differ from each other as psychological beings.
So Logik has no logic or reason issue, but you still insist he has some 'psychologocial imbalance'...

Even with a spell checker you couldn't spell psychological - or is this some new American way of spelling?

...more to the point, you think one that is logical and reasonable has a ..what i think you intend, psychological imbalance?

The only imbalance surely falls as to whether you are a fool?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:01 pm 1. Obtain a temporary e-mail address at https://www.guerrillamail.com
2. Edit your profile and update your e-mail address to the temporary one above.
3. Follow activation instructions in the message received at https://www.guerrillamail.com
4. Generate random password at https://passwordsgenerator.net/ (DO NOT write this down)
5. Edit your profile and update your password.
6. Logout

If it works this post should be final.
Uhhh...noone is forcing you here at gunpoint. You are just angry because...well you are convinced what you do is important and valuable and noone really cares.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

-1- wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:10 pm
A_Seagull wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 am
I tried to engage with him [Logik] to see where he was coming from.. but I couldn't find anything.
"...And there was an old man, who lived in the greenwoods, and nobody knew him, or what he had done, but mothers would say to their children, beware of mad John..."

Atla said in this thread that he had figured JohnDoe7 and Timekeeper/Logik were the one and the same person. However, this remark here by you reminds me why I never did think so. One sign is that JohnDoe7 did leave an exhaustive history of his life, and of his current state of affairs, in a post a long time ago, within a year or two. But T/L was relentlessly elusive.

The other is a bit harder for me to prove... but I always sensed an air of honesty and frankness in JD7's posts. He or she never was trying to trick anyone, s/he just presented his or her theorems and theories, which were (in my opinion) incomprehensible due to his or her lack of using consensus-approved math and logic symbols. But s/he was never two-faced, s/he never did a face-about, s/he never aimed to trap people. Whereas those things were typical of T/L. Furthermore, JD7 stays on a given topic, and is happy to exhaust it... while T/L goes from topic to topic, and a conversation with him/her is never ending. He proves himself wrong or nonsensical in those long conversations, or in the least, he either contradicts himself or introduces quotes that are inconsequential to the topic. JD7 never does that. In fact, these trends are so tightly typical, and without any crossover, that I am convinced JD7 and T/L are not the same one person, while I admit that TK and L may be.
Wow...I am flattered -1-...with the compliments...I think.

For the record I am not Logic or Timeseeker. What he represents disgusts me. But he is brilliant.

View it this way:

Timeseeker/Logic is equivalent to the man in side a tightly seal computer room trying to control everything. I would be equivalent to a man sitting around a campfire with a wooden spear discussing platonic forms and how everything comes from the 1 and goes back to it...and there is nothing you can do...or even have to do...except to embrace it through the act of reflection. Timeseeker would vigorously try to upend all of this and view my way of life as a threat. So people like him come in with machines and destroy everything beautiful not really knowing they are just killing themselves. Then in all his puffed up arrogance he would approach me alone, while I am at a campfire, and point out how everything I believed in is destroyed and how my way of life is inefficient and futile. I would run my spear through him and just start over. What timeseeker/logic fails to take into account is that complex civilizations eventually just burn out and lose to simpler ones.

You see timeseeker/logic just keeps creating new terms and calls this intelligence, but in reality he is just creating the same complexity and chaos he is trying to avoid...like most computer programmers. Programming is a disease...we are all dead already...why make life more complicated?