General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Thank you, veterans

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:44 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:36 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:22 pm

It is possible that the incidence of cold-hearted killers has increased among young adult Americans. Again, I have no data. Feeling faint. Very nauseated. Beginning to regret my OP.

You might be right there, but obviously if everyone refuses to go then there is nothing much anyone can do about that.
You don't have conscription now. ALL of those ME arseholes are there because they want to be there. Iraqis had to deal with vicious British and American mercenaries from private firms like Blackwater--the most vile filth imaginable.
I heard they gave the Vietnam soldiers LSD. It was unforgiveable what the US did to Vietnam--massacred its people, destroyed its natural environment...
No LSD in Vietnam. It was used in an experiment Stateside (may have been Ft. Meade, Maryland). In Viet Nam we just drank beer and smoked pot on our days off.
So, just natural psychopaths then.

Heartbreaking photo. Poor woman, trying to shield her family. Notice how attractive Vietnamese children are. These people were all dead seconds after this.

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:00 am
commonsense wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:44 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:36 pm

You might be right there, but obviously if everyone refuses to go then there is nothing much anyone can do about that.
You don't have conscription now. ALL of those ME arseholes are there because they want to be there. Iraqis had to deal with vicious British and American mercenaries from private firms like Blackwater--the most vile filth imaginable.
I heard they gave the Vietnam soldiers LSD. It was unforgiveable what the US did to Vietnam--massacred its people, destroyed its natural environment...
No LSD in Vietnam. It was used in an experiment Stateside (may have been Ft. Meade, Maryland). In Viet Nam we just drank beer and smoked pot on our days off.
So, just natural psychopaths then.

Heartbreaking photo. Poor woman, trying to shield her family. Notice how attractive Vietnamese children are. These people were all dead seconds after this.

Are the pics from My Lai?
vegetariantaxidermy

Yes.
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 pm Thanks especially to those who lost a limb or lost someone close to them in warfare. Thanks especially to those whose actions were above and beyond. Deepest thanks to any who were injured or fell ill. Thanks especially to anyone who suffered great hardship or who served in combat. A special thank you to those who have had to endure long and distant separations from family and loved ones. Thanks to every soldier, airman, marine and sailor who keeps me safe at home.
Amen to that mate.. Nicely said!
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:24 pm How do they keep you 'safe'? It's OTHER people who aren't safe from YOUR 'heroes'. Shove your moronic nationalistic sheeple crap.
OH MOST POWERFUL AND WISE VEGGIESHEEP! 😂
THANK YOU FOR BLESSING US WITH YOUR AGGRESSIVE AND ARROGANT REPLYS! WE YOUR HUMBLE RETARDS, BOW BEFORE YOUR INTELLECT! 😂 😂 😂
Hello VEGGIESHEEP I did warn you, didn't I? I will keep replying to your posts, in this sarcastic manner.. Until you learn decency and respect to other users on this forum... Manners cost nothing mate!
vegetariantaxidermy

Davyboi wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:11 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 pm Thanks especially to those who lost a limb or lost someone close to them in warfare. Thanks especially to those whose actions were above and beyond. Deepest thanks to any who were injured or fell ill. Thanks especially to anyone who suffered great hardship or who served in combat. A special thank you to those who have had to endure long and distant separations from family and loved ones. Thanks to every soldier, airman, marine and sailor who keeps me safe at home.
Warmongering little worm. And you would say that, being from America's little bitch.
Are these the kind of filth who went 'above and beyond' that you are thanking?
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:56 pm
Davyboi wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:11 pm
Warmongering little worm. And you would say that, being from America's little bitch.
OH WISE AND POWERFUL VEGGIESHEEP! THANK YOU FOR POSTING A PICTURE OF MY OLDER BROTHER AND MY COUSIN RICKY! DON'T THEY LOOK SMART IN THEIR UNIFORMS?
ALSO, WE GIVE PRAISE FOR BESTOWING US WITH THE NAME AND TITLE OF AMERICAS BITCH!
don't you think my brother Tommy looks cool with that gun? VEGGIESHEEP? 🤔🤔🤔
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

No, those are not the kind of service members I was thanking for going above and beyond. In the image, they are clean-shaved, have recent haircuts, are smiling, are not covered in blood, mud and dust. are wearing clean uniforms with polished boots, have clean weapons, are sitting on cots in a shelter with walls.

No, this photo portrays 2 REMF's who have never seen combat and who are much too happy to be missing their families and friends at home.

Its possible that they have actually performed above and beyond their required duties. The picture just doesn't show them that way.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:33 pm
No, those are not the kind of service members I was thanking for going above and beyond. In the image, they are clean-shaved, have recent haircuts, are smiling, are not covered in blood, mud and dust. are wearing clean uniforms with polished boots, have clean weapons, are sitting on cots in a shelter with walls.

No, this photo portrays 2 REMF's who have never seen combat and who are much too happy to be missing their families and friends at home.

Its possible that they have actually performed above and beyond their required duties. The picture just doesn't show them that way.
Perhaps you should have thought it through a bit more before you posted the thread. Those two are the kind of trash that yanks are always going all dewey-eyed over. You know, all that 'we support our troops' mawkish bullshit. Even the word 'serve' is sickening and manipulative. Why should anyone 'serve' anyone, least of all self-serving politicians and their arms dealing buddies?
So now you are saying you only like the 'goodies', not the 'baddies'? 'Seeing combat' makes someone better than one who hasn't? How do you define 'combat'?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:38 pm ... Even the word 'serve' is sickening and manipulative. Why should anyone 'serve' anyone, least of all self-serving politicians and their arms dealing buddies? ...
so much for "charitable" government

-Imp
vegetariantaxidermy

Impenitent wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:44 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:38 pm ... Even the word 'serve' is sickening and manipulative. Why should anyone 'serve' anyone, least of all self-serving politicians and their arms dealing buddies? ...

-Imp
It's actually the politicians who are supposed to 'serve' the people. They are our employees.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:02 pm
Impenitent wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:44 pm

-Imp
It's actually the politicians who are supposed to 'serve' the people. They are our employees.
They do serve the people and what they serve are massive quantities of bullshit. Conversely when they serve themselves it's usually called self-serving where the people are not invited to the feasts paid for by the sheeple. They're not even supposed to know about it based on "national security" concerns which is more of a euphemism for their own security.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:38 pm Perhaps you should have thought it through a bit more before you posted the thread. Those two are the kind of trash that yanks are always going all dewey-eyed over. You know, all that 'we support our troops' mawkish bullshit. Even the word 'serve' is sickening and manipulative. Why should anyone 'serve' anyone, least of all self-serving politicians and their arms dealing buddies?
So now you are saying you only like the 'goodies', not the 'baddies'? 'Seeing combat' makes someone better than one who hasn't? How do you define 'combat'?
While those two may be the kind of trash that yanks are dewey-eyed over, they are clearly not being thanked by me. Re-read my OP.

I appreciate your point about my use of a sickening word. Without thought to its meaning, I used a word that has been cliched by yanks.

I define combat as being within reach of weapons employed by the other armed forces.

Seeing combat means one has faced greater risk than others who have not.
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

VEGGIESHEEP I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION PLEASE? If someone was trying to attack you and kill your family, would you kill them?
vegetariantaxidermy

Davyboi wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:41 pm VEGGIESHEEP I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION PLEASE? If someone was trying to attack you and kill your family, would you kill them?
Of course I would. Because I love them. That has nothing to do with power, politics, greed, manipulation, war profiteering, nationalism, and blind allegiance. I don't love any politicians, and I don't hate persons I don't even know exist.