Missing Thread

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Missing Thread

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:23 am 2 of my threads in "pol phil" in the last 6 weeks were removed.

both related to Israel and the Reichwing gov there under Naziyahoo.

my third thread asking "amod" why the prior 2 were removed" in the same section of this forum will probably dissapear, and Amod prob will not PM about the matter as to why they were removed. I'm not anti-semitic, only hate thugs and nazis - including when they happen to be jewish.

Amod? why my 2+ threads opposing nazism, and affirming palistinian human rights/representation/dignaty..........were removed?

if they were per "orders" from higher ups, fuck this forum. of not, and just a misscommunication - i appeal to you as to why my threads were removed amod.
He just told you why, now stop whining and leave Israel alone. :mrgreen:
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

AMod wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:40 pm Nick_A: I am reasonably consistent, if it's blatent politics it goes. I am, if I say so myself, a most benevolent and tolerant tyrant hence I allow all sorts of loons to post their nonsense here, you for example. Any other philosophy forum would have banned many of you long ago but in my munificence I take a very lax view on what is or isn't philosophy and philosophising and give most things the benefit of the doubt.

Gaffo: Did you PM to ask me why? No, you just ran to the board with a load of Yank bluster, conspiracy waffle and acronyms I have no clue about nor care to know about.

Personaly I would have this forum for subscribers to the magazine only as they are who pay for this forum whilst those who don't I just consider interweb freeloaders but since Rick in his largesse disagrees I will continue to do this role for free. I think it hilarious that people who post here don't notice how clean it is from ads and what a rare joy that is, and doubly funny when they issue 'threats' to leave as though they are contributing to the upkeep and would be a loss. One thing I never get over is the narcisstic over inflated self belief of some posters that their words and thoughts are of such import that there is a 'conspiracy' to silence them. Get over yourselves or get out in the real world and actually do something about what you often decry.
Phew! I'm off to bed.

AMod.
No. You deleted the Alinsky thread but Alinsky isn’t politics. It is an agenda that has the goal of communism. Politics is a tool which furthers an agenda. Communism is a belief system that should be discussed but cannot be since it requires those in favor and those opposed to it who are kicked off in one way or another, it cannot be discussed.

My ideas I’ve learned from those like Plato, Plotinus, Simone Weil, and Jacob Needleman, for example will always be offensive and get me banned at some time. It has been proven in world history that these ideas are intolerable and too disruptive for dominant secularism so must be eliminated or at least controlled to prevent their spread.. But some at least should strive to keep them alive and supply sources for the minority attracted to them which is what I do.

I agree that a charge would be a good idea providing that philosophy as the love of wisdom were the goal of the site. But wisdom requires opening to the fallen human condition. Philosophy as the love of wisdom can only be meaningful beginning with this level of humility. But the concept is too offensive to be taken seriously and discussed as valuable so philosophy becomes the love of argument for the sake of acquiring the appearance of self importance. It isn’t a matter of silencing posters but silencing ideas which pertain to the fallen human condition in the context of the evolutionary potential for human being.

I’m not being critical of you. It is the way of the world. It is only through philosophical and religious depth that a person can receive intellectual stimulation to resist their devolution into indoctrinated atoms of the Great Beast. I simply support that quality of philosophy and religion serving as awakening influences which is why they must be hated by the world.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:54 pm But the loons make it interesting. Imagine a forum with only self-important, up-themselves 'professional academics'. The stuff of nightmares.
I know how difficult it is but imagine what a philosophy forum without loons and self important professional academics but just people with a love of wisdom. Yes I know it is absurd and insulting but still imagine what it would be like.

The Greek word “philosophy” (philosophia) is a compound word, composed of two parts: 'Philos' (love) and 'Sophia' (wisdom). It literally means love of wisdom. ... According to the ancient Greek philosophers like Socrates, philosophy was knowledge of things as they are as opposed to how they appear to be.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:18 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:54 pm But the loons make it interesting. Imagine a forum with only self-important, up-themselves 'professional academics'. The stuff of nightmares.
I know how difficult it is but imagine what a philosophy forum without loons and self important professional academics but just people with a love of wisdom. Yes I know it is absurd and insulting but still imagine what it would be like.

The Greek word “philosophy” (philosophia) is a compound word, composed of two parts: 'Philos' (love) and 'Sophia' (wisdom). It literally means love of wisdom. ... According to the ancient Greek philosophers like Socrates, philosophy was knowledge of things as they are as opposed to how they appear to be.
But you are one of the biggest loons here.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:42 pm

This is what I mean. You have no love of wisdom but only an obsession to attack what you don't understand. Yes I know it is considered a characteristic of modern education but regardless I don't see any reason to celebrate it. I have far greater respect for those with a sincere need for objective meaning and the love of wisdom which is a part of this need
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:01 am

This is what I mean. You have no love of wisdom but only an obsession to attack what you don't understand. Yes I know it is considered a characteristic of modern education but regardless I don't see any reason to celebrate it. I have far greater respect for those with a sincere need for objective meaning and the love of wisdom which is a part of this need
'Attack'. Such a PC-charged word when used mischievously. ''Wah wah, you're attacking me, wah wah wah.... '' Umm no. I'm simply stating the obvious.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:37 am

'Attack'. Such a PC-charged word when used mischievously. ''Wah wah, you're attacking me, wah wah wah.... '' Umm no. I'm simply stating the obvious.
There are no wah wahs involved. You have proven the obvious. It has nothing to do with me but rather with ideas. You feel the need to attack what you don't understand. All the horrors in the world are the result of this same reaction. the deeper ideas that exist at the depth of philosophy and religion have the awakening effect which opposes this blind reaction of attack. it is part of what makes them so valuable. It is just because they are so valuable that they must be rejected.

A popular quote attributed to Plato is: "Man - a being in search of meaning." Modern philosophy denies objective meaning so prefers to debate "yo momma sucks." Since we cannot prove objective meaning it is assumed better to prove whose momma sucks through investigation using the scientific method.

Of course the great ideas within Plato's Cave allegory must be hated and rejected. They not only corrupt the youth of Athens but all the snowflakes hiding in safe spaces in universities seeking protection from them. Modern secular progressive philosophy must protect the children from dangerous awakening ideas. I see why you must have the attitude you do. You are in the majority. I just support common sense which sadly has gone out of fashion.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:15 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:37 am

There are no wah wahs involved. You have proven the obvious. It has nothing to do with me but rather with ideas. You feel the need to attack what you don't understand. All the horrors in the world are the result of this same reaction. the deeper ideas that exist at the depth of philosophy and religion have the awakening effect which opposes this blind reaction of attack. it is part of what makes them so valuable. It is just because they are so valuable that they must be rejected.

A popular quote attributed to Plato is: "Man - a being in search of meaning." Modern philosophy denies objective meaning so prefers to debate "yo momma sucks." Since we cannot prove objective meaning it is assumed better to prove whose momma sucks through investigation using the scientific method.

Of course the great ideas within Plato's Cave allegory must be hated and rejected. They not only corrupt the youth of Athens but all the snowflakes hiding in safe spaces in universities seeking protection from them. Modern secular progressive philosophy must protect the children from dangerous awakening ideas. I see why you must have the attitude you do. You are in the majority. I just support common sense which sadly has gone out of fashion.
What a snowflake :roll: :roll: :roll:
AMod

Post by AMod »

Nick_A wrote:No. You deleted the Alinsky thread but Alinsky isn’t politics. It is an agenda that has the goal of communism. Politics is a tool which furthers an agenda. Communism is a belief system that should be discussed but cannot be since it requires those in favor and those opposed to it who are kicked off in one way or another, it cannot be discussed.

My ideas I’ve learned from those like Plato, Plotinus, Simone Weil, and Jacob Needleman, for example will always be offensive and get me banned at some time. It has been proven in world history that these ideas are intolerable and too disruptive for dominant secularism so must be eliminated or at least controlled to prevent their spread.. But some at least should strive to keep them alive and supply sources for the minority attracted to them which is what I do.

I agree that a charge would be a good idea providing that philosophy as the love of wisdom were the goal of the site. But wisdom requires opening to the fallen human condition. Philosophy as the love of wisdom can only be meaningful beginning with this level of humility. But the concept is too offensive to be taken seriously and discussed as valuable so philosophy becomes the love of argument for the sake of acquiring the appearance of self importance. It isn’t a matter of silencing posters but silencing ideas which pertain to the fallen human condition in the context of the evolutionary potential for human being.

I’m not being critical of you. It is the way of the world. It is only through philosophical and religious depth that a person can receive intellectual stimulation to resist their devolution into indoctrinated atoms of the Great Beast. I simply support that quality of philosophy and religion serving as awakening influences which is why they must be hated by the world.
Really!? Nick_A, Really!!? Repeating all this again after the discussion we had last time where I told you why what you were doing in that thread was politics, where I pointed out that the majority of your diatribes have been left alone, where I said that pretty much any ideas can be discussed here but they must have at least a modicum of philosophising involved and most importantly where I pointed out that you were pissing me off!!! You really are one of the most dense cloth-earred narcissistic twits I've met in a while and I can tell you that over the years on this forum I've met a few. Take a short break Nick_A and my advice to you is to practice this 'conscious attention' you've been yakking on about as your basic attention and listening skills are woeful.

AMod.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

AMod wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:01 pm
Nick_A wrote:No. You deleted the Alinsky thread but Alinsky isn’t politics. It is an agenda that has the goal of communism. Politics is a tool which furthers an agenda. Communism is a belief system that should be discussed but cannot be since it requires those in favor and those opposed to it who are kicked off in one way or another, it cannot be discussed.

Really!? Nick_A, Really!!? Repeating all this again after the discussion we had last time where I told you why what you were doing in that thread was politics, where I pointed out that the majority of your diatribes have been left alone, where I said that pretty much any ideas can be discussed here but they must have at least a modicum of philosophising involved and most importantly where I pointed out that you were pissing me off!!! You really are one of the most dense cloth-earred narcissistic twits I've met in a while and I can tell you that over the years on this forum I've met a few. Take a short break Nick_A and my advice to you is to practice this 'conscious attention' you've been yakking on about as your basic attention and listening skills are woeful.

AMod.
:mrgreen:

APunk.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

you are not a loon, your posts offer value, unlike veg's,

nor are you a troll unlike veg.

carry on with your posts, they offer value Sir.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

So I posted a thread in the "Philosophical Counseling" forum asking others what they thought of Bernie Sanders, in hopes of getting some insights and advice on political matters. It's now gone. I see we have a moderator referring to one of the visitors to the site as a "twit". Not sure if that's really necessary or not but it certainly makes a person wonder.
henry quirk

in-forum: politics is a-ok; american politics is a no-go

Post by henry quirk »

so, yer on own, gary
Gary Childress

Re: in-forum: politics is a-ok; american politics is a no-go

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:26 pm so, yer on own, gary
Do you mean to say, "So yer on [your] own, gary"? And if so, why do you say that?
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dont post anything on politics or it will be removed by A Mod
Dont take any notice of any insults directed at you by anyone

These are the only two rules that you have to obey here Gary
And so therefore if you can stick to them you have got it made