Major news predictions good thru to the end of 2019

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Major news predictions good thru to the end of 2019

Post by gaffo »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:00 pm
I don't see Trump resigning until it becomes evident to him he'll be impeached.

Trump's ego will never allow himself to resign (so his is larger than Nixon's).

He will not resign, and to be removed will have to be impeached.

unlike with Nixon, i do not think Mueler conclusion will be "cut and dry guilt" - more likely "likely guilt"..............and i do not think the Dems will have the stomach to mandate impeachment.

likely he will be allowed to serve the last 2 yrs of his term as a veiwed russian collaborator lame duck.

closing the books on him and his newly adopted party the Republicans in 2020.

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:00 pm The flu vaccine from all reports is in its final stage. We will have to wait and see.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
nonesence - flu is like AIDS (evolves too fast for such a cure) - there will be no universal vacine, just partial ones that sort of work for some strains.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 pm 1. Epidemiology: new virus outbreak, a mutated form of migrant rhesus monkey virus, carried in coconut husks by African Swallows to Europe, from where it will spread throughout the known world. The signs you got your virus: blood coughed up, left ear shrivels up into a dark bloody mess, and you incessantly hum tynes by Spice Girls and Justin Bieber.
yep. Reston VA (1993?) - 400 rhesus' killed for contracting the first documented airborn variety of Ebola - for fear of it "escaping" outside of Lab.

Ebola - 75-percent mortality - is bad, but not so much since it is blood born in transmission.

Smallpox - only 30-percent mortality (my grandmother (a young nurse at the time) was in the hospital from it for 2 weeks in the the 1930's)- is bad, not as lethal as Ebola, but airborn transmission re-weighs the scales of damage/death.

airborn Ebola worst of both worlds.

--------------

note: Marburg and Lassa are airborn and more lethal than smallpox - lovely african viri.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:52 am A lot of software still isn't optimized for quad-core processors even though it's much faster in theory and has been common place for about 10 years.
13 yrs.

and only now are 4 core PCs useful sometimes (handbeak)......................while AMDintel are hauking 6 - no 8 no 16 core systems!!!! lol

such folly, anything for a sale "moarcores".

at least Bulldozer is dead - a trillion sht cores never equaled one decent intel core core.

i thank AMD for making a decent CPU (Ryzen/Zen) - equal to Intel's - no thanks to Bullshizer crap prior CPU AMD made and wasted 5 yrs on ;-/.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

I value objectively and so will mention that Intel had their own Bulldozer and wasted 5 yrs on it as well.

the Pentium4 - pure dog, however intel had better fabs and could make that dog compete with the vastly better AMD Athlon at the time - by clocking it nearly twice as high.

5 yrs later, intel wised up and returned to their pentium3 to make thier Core CPU - while AMD sat on their arses, then made their pathetic Bullshitter CPU "modules".
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

gaffo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:10 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:52 am A lot of software still isn't optimized for quad-core processors even though it's much faster in theory and has been common place for about 10 years.
13 yrs.

and only now are 4 core PCs useful sometimes (handbeak)......................while AMDintel are hauking 6 - no 8 no 16 core systems!!!! lol
Yeah, I remember there were talks that either crysis warhead, or maybe crysis 2 was going to be optimized for quad core processors, but it ended up being crysis 3 several years later that was the first game to use it effectively if I'm not mistaken.

Now to be fair, quad cores do offer some benefits like if you're multitasking, running multiple cpu-heavy programs at the same time. And that's one benefit which exists, regardless. Unlike 'quantum GPUs,' which will almost definitely need to be software specific to reap any use at all. I'd imagine that would be the case, anyway.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:01 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:10 am
13 yrs.

Yeah, I remember there were talks that either crysis warhead, or maybe crysis 2 was going to be optimized for quad core processors, but it ended up being crysis 3 several years later that was the first game to use it effectively if I'm not mistaken.

Now to be fair, quad cores do offer some benefits like if you're multitasking, running multiple cpu-heavy programs at the same time. And that's one benefit which exists, regardless. Unlike 'quantum GPUs,' which will almost definitely need to be software specific to reap any use at all. I'd imagine that would be the case, anyway.
the "Sandybridge" pc 2012 era is the one i'm posting from now. used it via handbrake (vicoder to be exact - a frontend to handbrake) a few times 4 yrs ago to "digitize mty DVDs to mpg4s to make my YT channel and offer the 160 vids of old movies and tv shows - which lasted 6 months before 3 strike for copyreich violations and removal of channel).

took me 3 weeks to re-incode from DVD-mpg2 to YT mpg4 (h264?)..............so used those 4 cores for something! - would have taken 6 weeks if i had 2 cores - lol.

never used them since. the 3 extra cores have just been sitting there for 4 yrs now. lol.

I'm bulding another PC - why? no reason no practical one - i just like building pcs.

not into moarcores, though - its just another quad in a smaller ITX case, smaller is better (for PCs at least) - maybe not for other things - lol.