What's the healthiest food you can eat?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: What's the healthiest food you can eat?

Post by gaffo »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:37 pm Coffee, Cigarrettes and Alcohol are the three best foods to reach one's athletic potential....other than those three I would argue fish and vegetables.
yep
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:42 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:17 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:10 pm Probably anything that hasn't added rubbish the liver has to eliminate. If your food and portions don't make you a sluggish fat toad who always feels sick, I'm sure you're fine. We're going to die anyway, but we can try to feel good whilst we're dying.
My belief too, yet society places a great reliance on nutritionists.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
They may have good ideas in general, but I'm not one to throw away my life in pursuit of some impossible goal of ultimate health. Actually, I was told a story just this morning about a guy who smoked his brains out and was fine, but chocked on a chicken bone. None of us know when or how we'll go. I'm not spending my life worrying about the inevitable.

It just came to me that society places an importance on nutrition, because we are resources, and society wants efficient use of us, and not to cost much either. Makes sense.
you are falling to our modern extremism "all or nothing" - run a million miles, never smoke a cig, eat locusts etc.......

reason is the old boring mantra that our society threw to the curb 60 yrs ago.

moderation.

just use horsesense.

BTW we eat too much - and crap -so too much crap too - and why we are fatfkers, unlike we were 50 yrs ago (just watch a Tv show of the 70's and then one now - no fatties in the frame then, whales all over the frame in the new show).

we eat 2 times the amount we use to.

wake up, open eyes and use some horsesence.

and value moderation, ignore magnets/noni-juice/grapfruit diets (just eat the fking GF as you would a damn orange - christ our society is silly/dumb as fk these days.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am Water and greens.

Drink much water
FFFFKKKKKKK NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I know three bots at work that "must drink 3 liters a day" to flush their fking kidneys.

this "drink all the time" BULLSHIT just showed up 10 yrs ago (along with the 6 small meals a day BULLSHIT!).

drink (water - not that sugar shit) when you are thirsty, eat when hungry.

BTW if you don't know if you are thirsty or hungry - you AIN'T and so don't.

----------BTW I never learned to eat breakfast, becuase i've not hungry before 11 AM, so do not eat it. then WAIT until 12 to eat lunch.

have 2 meals a day since forever, works for me.

and never snack either............... NEVER.

i eat at 12 and at 7 PM.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am stress and anxiety are arguably harder on the system than a crappy diet.
yes, cortosol(sp) flood.

shortens the telemeres = shortens the lifespan.

stress = death/aging too early.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 pm
Greta wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am stress and anxiety are arguably harder on the system than a crappy diet.
I think so too. If you feel sick from something you ingest, you can throw it up or flush it out or neutralize it. If you're gripped with stress and anxiety, those aren't as easy to dispel/overcome as they seem to breed/spread -- and can cause all parts of the body to shut down.
because "flight" nor "fight" works in the modern streefull enviroment.

you are stuck in-between - with the stresses to do eithe of the above input, and neither response allowed to close the circuit.

so the stress instead slowly kills you...............until you punch your boss and quite your job...............then you have the next stress...........finding a new of both.
Greta

Post by Greta »

gaffo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:06 am

Drink much water
FFFFKKKKKKK NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I know three bots at work that "must drink 3 liters a day" to flush their fking kidneys.
I do not follow fads, I consider the chemistry and the physics. We are approx 60% water so makes sense to keep drinking plenty of H²O and keep the system flushed.

Also, to be fair, annoying as wellness bots may be, the ones I've met tend to be pretty healthy.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

All the ones I avoid believing too many vitamins may procrastinate one's journey into the hereafter.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:40 am

Drink much water
I do not follow fads, I consider the chemistry and the physics. We are approx 60% water so makes sense to keep drinking plenty of H²O and keep the system flushed.

Also, to be fair, annoying as wellness bots may be, the ones I've met tend to be pretty healthy.
there is a reason we are born with the instinct of hunger and thirst - to eat and drink.

forced drinking, is as dumb as forced eating IMO.
Greta

Post by Greta »

gaffo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:46 pm

there is a reason we are born with the instinct of hunger and thirst - to eat and drink.

One must be forced to drink for one's own good! I recommend that you increase your longevity by having a few friends hold you down on your back and then pour, say, 200 litres of water directly down your throat with a funnel.

I note your faith that our instincts are the one perfect thing in an imperfect world. I also note that you seemingly have never looked after an old person.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 pm
gaffo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:46 pm

I note your faith that our instincts are the one perfect thing in an imperfect world.
as an "evolutionist" - understanding that death rules this world, if you are still alive it is due to evolution (1000 die for every 1 that lives) - death is the engine of evolution to defy death.

yes, I affirm the concept that instincts are "perfect" - for all animals alive today.

otherwise those instincts fail perfection and result is extinction.

"the function of live is survival" - to quote the alien lenard nimoy in Body snatchers.

Greta wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:40 am I also note that you seemingly have never looked after an old person.
thankfully no - not yet - though i might in the future (my mom) - depending upon fate/will of the gods.

don't follow your statement above as to any relivance to what i stated, but welcome clarification.
Greta

Post by Greta »

I think that Googling elderly thirst hydration will give you a better answer than any summary I cobbled together.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 pm I think that Googling elderly thirst hydration will give you a better answer than any summary I cobbled together.
oh, wow! i did not know, thanks for educating me Madam.

- i was over in the "music" thread replying to "walker".

I've been schooled. ;-).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

"Walker" has excellent musical and movie taste (i.e the arts in general too i assume), and yet is a Trumpite.

my head is still exploding over this contradiction ;-/.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Thing is, we animals full of crinkly tubes carrying stuff around. Moisture in those tubes helps everything move along and helps to flush buildups out of the nooks and crannies that can build up if a person doesn't keep up the fluids.

This video should help remind you of their importance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0he-LZNzVg0
Luxin

deleted 490

Post by Luxin »

deleted 490
Last edited by Luxin on Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.