What's the healthiest food you can eat?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re:

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 pm Indeed.

Like you, I serve the Old Gods, the True Gods (and in return, They serve me/us).
Crom still wants to meet up sometime soon. :wink:
thedoc

Re: What's the healthiest food you can eat?

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:50 am
Gladiators diets were high in greens, as it healed their bones quickly.
But if you are dead it doesn't matter how quickly your bones would heal.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am Water and greens.

Drink much water and eat plenty of leafy greens to somewhat offset the physical damage caused by fun times. But don't stress about it; stress and anxiety are arguably harder on the system than a crappy diet.
I never knew anything about that. Apparently it was more grains than greens but surprisingly mostly veggie: https://www.bbc.com/news/education-29723384
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:00 am

Drink much water and eat plenty of leafy greens to somewhat offset the physical damage caused by fun times. But don't stress about it; stress and anxiety are arguably harder on the system than a crappy diet.
I never knew anything about that. Apparently it was more grains than greens but surprisingly mostly veggie: https://www.bbc.com/news/education-29723384
It was high in strontium.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:53 am
But if you are dead it doesn't matter how quickly your bones would heal.
Early retirement just means less overall work. There is the bright side. :wink:
henry quirk

"Crom still wants to meet up sometime soon."

Post by henry quirk »

Yeah?

Tell 'em to take a number.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 am

You could be a trivia champ.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am stress and anxiety are arguably harder on the system than a crappy diet.
I think so too. If you feel sick from something you ingest, you can throw it up or flush it out or neutralize it. If you're gripped with stress and anxiety, those aren't as easy to dispel/overcome as they seem to breed/spread -- and can cause all parts of the body to shut down. Although I typically focus on healthy food choices, I'm actually more focused on how life feels to me. Feeling light is one of the best preventive measures for living amidst toxins, I think. I've heard stories of yogis who can ingest powerful substances, yet remain unaffected. To me, this suggests that energy is more powerful/influential than matter.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Barley and beans specifically if memory serves....
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Could have sworn they were greens, but my memory may fail me.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:54 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 am
You could be a trivia champ.
I'm not bad. Forgotten a lot lol! Haven't we all. :(
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:09 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Could have sworn they were greens, but my memory may fail me.
Maybe...but I remember barley and beans from "the history channel?"...they also argued the barley put on a protective layer of fat.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Yep, just checked. Barley, bran of grains, beans, spinach, lettuce, peas, carrots, skins of other root vegetables, dairy of course, mainly because herds eat these things in bulk.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 pm
Greta wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am stress and anxiety are arguably harder on the system than a crappy diet.
I've heard stories of yogis who can ingest powerful substances, yet remain unaffected. To me, this suggests that energy is more powerful/influential than matter.
LW, in truth matter is the bomb, my friend - the bee's knees and the cat's pyjamas. Stars and planets are matter and they obviously kick cosmic butt. Compare the magnificent complexity of those structures with crappy old light beams - booooring! Energy not bound into matter is weaker than matter by a factor of the speed of light squared. So I say pfff to your final claim! 8)

The emergence of matter was an event where the building blocks of stars and planets - baryonic matter, atoms - were formed via structures centred on a dense nucleus. Compare with the emergence of eukaryotic cells - the building blocks of plants, fungi and animals that were also formed via structures centred on a dense nucleus. The moral of the story is that if you want to build something large and complex, it ideally needs to consists of structured units with a concentrated energetic centre rather than unstructured units.

Geoadvocacy done, the mind and body are ultimately one codependent system. The most stunning verified example I can think of is the capacity of people like Wim Hof and some Tibetan yogis to use their minds to withstand cold without agitation that could kill others. Then again, as with the ability to ingest venom (by taking regular microdoses to build resistance) this ability appears to involve considerable prior conditioning or practice, as is the case with any achievement.

I am wary of gurus' penchant for showmanship, which they invariably rationalise to themselves as worthy deceit in a good cause - which it may be, but they do strike me as often overplaying their hands for the gallery for promotional purposes.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:49 pm Yep, just checked. Barley, bran of grains, beans, spinach, lettuce, peas, carrots, skins of other root vegetables, dairy of course, mainly because herds eat these things in bulk.
The floundering trivia champ returns with a decisive thrust of detailed minutiae!

However, my understanding is that lactose intolerance was the norm until after the Bronze Age so there was only a matter of centuries for digestive systems to adapt. I'm guessing that there would have been a higher proportion of lactose intolerant people back then than since as adult human digestive systems increasingly accommodated dairy.