Are you superstitious about your birthday?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 am

For example do you pick your birthday to give up a bad habit?

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲

Sage-ish
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by Sage-ish » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 am

Who has a birthday? :D

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by Dalek Prime » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Sage-ish wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 am
Who has a birthday? :D
Yeah, I only had one. The rest are just anniversaries. But am I superstitious about them? Well, I always wonder whether I'll make the next one.

User avatar
QuantumT
Posts: 662
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by QuantumT » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:13 pm

I hate birthdays. One step closer to death + unwanted attention. Not that life is that great, but the other thing is unknown.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by Dalek Prime » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:05 am

QuantumT wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:13 pm
I hate birthdays. One step closer to death + unwanted attention. Not that life is that great, but the other thing is unknown.
I love Slavoj Zizek's answer to what scared him the most. He said, essentially, dying and waking up again.

Logik
Posts: 1908
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by Logik » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:51 am

Dalek Prime wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:05 am
QuantumT wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:13 pm
I hate birthdays. One step closer to death + unwanted attention. Not that life is that great, but the other thing is unknown.
I love Slavoj Zizek's answer to what scared him the most. He said, essentially, dying and waking up again.
Respawn? That would sure cure my anxiety!

You can win at any game with infinite lives.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by Dalek Prime » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:26 pm

Logik wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:51 am
Dalek Prime wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:05 am
QuantumT wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:13 pm
I hate birthdays. One step closer to death + unwanted attention. Not that life is that great, but the other thing is unknown.
I love Slavoj Zizek's answer to what scared him the most. He said, essentially, dying and waking up again.
Respawn? That would sure cure my anxiety!

You can win at any game with infinite lives.
That would just add to my anxiety. Infinite levels of it.

Logik
Posts: 1908
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by Logik » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Dalek Prime wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:26 pm
That would just add to my anxiety. Infinite levels of it.
No ways. Keep suiciding until you are born in the right environment.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by Dalek Prime » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:17 pm

Logik wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:45 pm
Dalek Prime wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:26 pm
That would just add to my anxiety. Infinite levels of it.
No ways. Keep suiciding until you are born in the right environment.
Easier to rebel in the womb, until I'm born to billionaires.
'Nope. Not coming out. You can't afford the lifestyle I want to become accustomed to.'

Still prefer oblivion though over rebirth.

gaffo
Posts: 1653
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by gaffo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 am

no.

gaffo
Posts: 1653
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Are you superstitious about your birthday?

Post by gaffo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:36 am

QuantumT wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:13 pm
I hate birthdays. One step closer to death + unwanted attention. Not that life is that great, but the other thing is unknown.
concur, just another day. rem 40 yrs ago "it was no big deal" - then somehow post late 90's and more even now, BD are a huge thing! - much about nothin. hate it when my workmates make my BD a huge deal "so what are you going to do on your BD"........um nothing, sit a home and watch TV like any other day..................... = such reply = fisheye (WTF is wrong with you! - its your BD!!!!) - be a narsist i guess is the demand.

so sick of all the bullshit over birthdays - which were no big deal in the 90's and prior.

maybe i need to get a selfie stick and join facfk and be a twit - to show the world how great i am "hey its my birthday!!!!!!"

like anyone gives a shit.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest