Favorite Quote?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: Favorite Quote?

Post by -1- »

bahman wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:24 pm We are minds covered by stuff.
Very similar to a Hungarian proverb, "a woman is decoration on a pussy."
-1-

Post by -1- »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:47 pm “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.” A.Einstein
I thought this was originally by the Count of Dracula. From Sesame Street.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Who needs love / When you got a gun.

Black Flag, in their version of "Louie, Louie".
-1-

Post by -1- »

You can always live without a lover, but you can never love without a liver.

- Myself.
Walker

Post by Walker »

-1- wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:58 am You can always live without a lover, but you can never love without a liver.

- Myself.
:lol:

That’s good. And from this we learn that a reviler is a reliver … of the past.

Attributed to Groucho is "Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana,” but he may have heard it somewhere.
Greta

Post by Greta »

It's as over-repeated as Stairway to Heaven but I find Carl Sagan's pale blue dot one of the more grounded and grounding quotes I've heard or read.

I always loved this from Douglas Adams:
... it was none the less a perfectly ordinary horse, such as convergent evolution has produced in many of the places that life is to be found. They have always understood a great deal more than they let on. It is difficult to be sat on all day, every day, by some other creature, without forming an opinion about them. On the other hand, it is perfectly possible to sit all day, every day, on top of another creature and not have the slightest thought about them whatsoever.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:35 am It's as over-repeated as Stairway to Heaven but I find Carl Sagan's pale blue dot one of the more grounded and grounding quotes I've heard or read.

... it was none the less a perfectly ordinary horse, such as convergent evolution has produced in many of the places that life is to be found. They have always understood a great deal more than they let on. It is difficult to be sat on all day, every day, by some other creature, without forming an opinion about them. On the other hand, it is perfectly possible to sit all day, every day, on top of another creature and not have the slightest thought about them whatsoever.
Men with broad shoulders hear that.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:42 am
Greta wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:35 am It's as over-repeated as Stairway to Heaven but I find Carl Sagan's pale blue dot one of the more grounded and grounding quotes I've heard or read.

Men with broad shoulders hear that.
Like Michael Phelps?

Walker

Post by Walker »

He's one horse of a swimmer.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Mothers with broad hips: hear that.

(Visual needed. Maybe Raquel Welsh. Or octomum.)
-1-

Post by -1- »

Camel toe!
Last edited by -1- on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

From what I hear about the broad hips, these days with the pain relievers it’s as easy as falling off a log. Not like the old days, when women were women, and men were men ... and entertainers wore tights.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Walker wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:05 am From what I hear about the broad hips, these days with the pain relievers it’s as easy as falling off a log. Not like the old days, when women were women, and men were men.
It's much better now. Men are women and women are men. Solved a lot of problems in the general cosmic order.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gelding?
-1-

Post by -1- »

Walker wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:28 am Attributed to Groucho is "Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana,” but he may have heard it somewhere.
Another classic comes to mind aside from Douglas Adams. His Middle-Earth doppelganger, Terry Pratchett.

There are of course many famous books of magic. Some may talk of the Necrotelicomnicon, with its pages made of ancient lizard skin; some may point to the Book of Going Forth Around Elevenish, written by a mysterious and rather lazy Llamaic sect; some may recall that the Bumper Fun Grimoire reputedly contains the one original joke left in the universe.