It's Friday the 13th!

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

QuantumT

It's Friday the 13th!

Post by QuantumT »

Do you have any horrifying stories to tell? Something that occured on a day like today?
Lacewing

Re: It's Friday the 13th!

Post by Lacewing »

Hooray!! This calls for a celebration! :D

I don't think I've ever noticed Friday the 13th being a particularly tricky day. I like to imagine it as lucky.

But there are some days -- out of the blue! -- when all kinds of weird stuff happens for no apparent reason at all. It all seems to pile up on a single day. And I can just tell, after the first few occurrences: "Be watchful and careful today." And it's true. Some days, a mass amount of people seem very absent-minded and dangerous, or animals seem out of control, or energy in general seems agitated and chaotic. I've wondered what causes that.

One day as I was driving down a mountain road, animals kept going in front of my car and then STOPPING or landing in the middle of the road. Within a span of only 5 minutes... a collection of 4-5 squirrels, birds, deer... one after another -- such that I said out loud, "Okay, WHAT is going on?" Then I rounded a corner and there was a freaking run-away horse trotting up the middle of the road! Perhaps I was being slowed down by cosmic forces to prevent me from some kind of potential mishap down on the highway. I do think there are all sorts of forces at work all the time. Hey, maybe sometimes there are energy tornadoes!!
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

What you descibe, sounds like a forrest fire. When those occur, all animals flee away from it, in what seems to appear as the same direction. Did it occur in a dry warm period?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

QuantumT wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:30 pm What you descibe, sounds like a forrest fire. When those occur, all animals flee away from it, in what seems to appear as the same direction. Did it occur in a dry warm period?
No... and there were no fires in the area. They didn't all come from the same direction, and they weren't crossing my path -- they came and stopped directly in my path. It seemed intentional. I've been up and down that road a thousand times, and encountered an animal from time to time, but never anything like that. When something like this happens, it's so inexplicably outside of normal "coincidences"... and I wonder at the implications.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Spooky!

I have a theory about what happened, but it's "far out" and coming from me it's also predictable. So I'll be quiet. :mrgreen:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

QuantumT wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:42 pm Spooky!

I have a theory about what happened, but it's "far out" and coming from me it's also predictable. So I'll be quiet. :mrgreen:
I like "far out". Do tell!
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:09 am I like "far out". Do tell!
I believe we are living in a virtual reality, made by unknown beings in a different universe.

I belive those beings are toying with us. For fun.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:16 am
I believe we are living in a virtual reality, made by unknown beings in a different universe.

Ah!! Well, I can accept that. It would explain a lot of things. Sometimes I definitely feel like I'm being toyed with. I hope I'm giving them a good show! :lol:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:16 am

I often thought that it was the Garman programmers who were toying with us!