Jordan Peterson for President - too bad he's Canadian

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Jordan Peterson for President - too bad he's Canadian

Post by gaffo »

We will have to amend my Constitution first ;-/.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54

Just ran across this guy last week and since seeing the above and how "sexist, racist etc." this guy is - decided to view other vids of/by him.

I liked everything this guys has to say and seems a fully likeable and reasonable man to me.

I wish him well in exposing the real bigots out there - as long as he play's Ghandian, he becomes stronger as his accusers show their true nature with each unfounded attack and become weaker and weaker.

carry on.
Kayla

Re: Jordan Peterson for President - too bad he's Canadian

Post by Kayla »

Most Canadians seem to think that this guy is either a second Hitler, or basically the Messiah

whats with that?

canadians have always struck me as a very reasonable bunch but mention doc Peterson, and they start foaming at the mouth
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Kayla wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:30 pm Most Canadians seem to think that this guy is either a second Hitler, or basically the Messiah

whats with that?

canadians have always struck me as a very reasonable bunch but mention doc Peterson, and they start foaming at the mouth
thanks for rely

Canadians are the closest to American culturally - my sister has dual citizenship/as my brother-in-law.

why the braindead - all or nothing mentality- for me it is a product of the weak minds hearing crap from TV/radio via the death of "fairness doctrine"

you can't fix "stupid" but can compensate via "fairness doctrine" -now long last gone..............so the weak of mind come out moreso.

oh well ;-/.

----------------

as for Peterson - those willing to see what he says with a mind (and not so small as to hope of a savior/or the others who are so fixated upon their ideology as to view anyone that is not in their "group think" are Hitler.

losers both.

Peterson is just a man, like me.

as was Hitler too - lol.

Petersons views are similar to mine, and though dissagree with him per his "views on Christianity" (I'm not a a Christian - just note he interprets "bible stuff" as a pyschologist (which he is of course) - rather than as an historian (which I'm not - but as my views are on this matter)..............so i think he is kind of "talking out his hat" vs someone like Bart Ehrman - who i am more in line with WRT to "bible stuff".

I fully agree with Peterson overall though - esp. with PC crap and the idea than males (yes I'm a guy - now a "bad thing" - lol ;-/) Peterson is agains Femanism (3rd wave - hate all males etc.....) - as me.

i do not see him as against femanism of the 70 - equal opportunity - and seems to affirm that there is nothing wrong with having been born a male.

--------------------

so to sum up (BTW I never heard of Peterson until sumblng upon him on YT only 2 months ago (then watched 20 or so of his vid on YT - on all matters) to date my view of Peterson is a good guy with "horse sense", and having tenur can be honest and speak his mind (how many have "horse sense, lack tenur and remain silent out of fear/wisdom of consequences? - many many i suspect.

no not Hilter at all nor Sexist or Racist - iv'e watched 20 or so of his vids.

he is more conservative than me politcially. but shares the same the mindset (assuming his vids show the real man) as i do WRT to human values.

thanks for reply BTW.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

i just watched JP talk about 1950s dads, that was so cringy especially with that Kermit the Frog voice of his, it came across like a weird old guy going on about 'young people today' - he seemed like a Platonic archtype of the convserative but harmless and slightly embarassing drunk uncle

men complain about man-hating feminists, but a table-full of beer swilling frat boys will have far more hatred for women on full display than a thousand womens' studies professors could ever show towards men

men who talk about man-hating feminists would do well to heed the words of Christ about logs and specs and eyes
Walker

Post by Walker »

Peterson’s view as an educator and advisor is expressed by Rudyard Kipling’s great poem, If

If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Well, he certainly knows how to dance around a question like a politician.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:53 am Well, he certainly knows how to dance around a question like a politician.
The clever do like for a monkey to dance to their tune, which means that questions loaded up with assumptions and structured for a yes or no answer do require mindful handling, which is not to say that all questions are assertions.

Loaded question - wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

I was not talking about his channel 4 interview, fyi.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Kayla wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:19 pm i just watched JP talk about 1950s dads, that was so cringy especially with that Kermit the Frog voice of his, it came across like a weird old guy going on about 'young people today' - he seemed like a Platonic archtype of the convserative but harmless and slightly embarassing drunk uncle

men complain about man-hating feminists, but a table-full of beer swilling frat boys will have far more hatred for women on full display than a thousand womens' studies professors could ever show towards men

men who talk about man-hating feminists would do well to heed the words of Christ about logs and specs and eyes
thanks for reply - i don't get your impression of the man as you do - but thats ok we can agree to disagree.

noted your reference to his voice (and why i reply to you here) - re-check please.

he does not sound like Kermit (loved that green frog! - he was kewl) - but he does sound EXACTLY like Bruce Dern!!!!!!

I'm good with voices, and JP sounds like BD.